MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p127)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

Postby Kinsie » Sun May 16, 2021 5:41 am

Gez wrote:
Kinsie wrote:The number of Marauders that can spawn in a level are capped based on the number of levels you've completed. They emerge from Deathmatch spawn points placed by the level designer, so that's also a factor in their frequency or lack thereof.

What about levels with a separate deathmatch arena, where it's usually not possible to move to the single player/coop part of the level?
Yeah, that means they'll just be sitting there twiddling their thumbs in their little portals for the entire map. I'm not really sure of a graceful way to handle that that either wouldn't suck for the player (ie. slipping the occasional Marauder spawn into secret sectors) or would require me to manually LevelPostProcessor DM spawns into such maps, but next release I'll look into potentially making untriggered Marauder spawns stop counting as monsters when the Exit is triggered so that 100%s can still happen.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

Postby openroadracer » Sun May 16, 2021 6:53 am

Kinsie wrote:Yeah, that means they'll just be sitting there twiddling their thumbs in their little portals for the entire map. I'm not really sure of a graceful way to handle that that either wouldn't suck for the player (ie. slipping the occasional Marauder spawn into secret sectors) or would require me to manually LevelPostProcessor DM spawns into such maps, but next release I'll look into potentially making untriggered Marauder spawns stop counting as monsters when the Exit is triggered so that 100%s can still happen.
Even worse would be Bourgeois DM, which, despite the name, has full singleplayer support that basically replicates the maps as separate copies within a single playable map for the SP/coop version and the DM version. As such, you'd have to figure out some way to translate the coordinates for the Marauder portals from the DM version of the map to the SP/coop version.
openroadracer

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p127)

Postby Gez » Sun May 16, 2021 2:51 pm

Perhaps the other way around, only make them count when triggered?
Gez

Postby whatup876 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:22 pm

Saying this before getting the new version:
I remember when Summoners were once the last showing enemy, so it's interesting that now Titantulas and Infernis show up post 20.
It probably helps with the pacing and content variety but i also thought that the "pre/until map 20" concept was a safety measure for wads that are supposed to have less than a specific number of maps but still have 30 maps (that just aren't replaced/are Doom 2 vanilla), so i always thought the mod would still count those, meaning some content is never shown because some maps still secretly exist even if they're not supposed to.

I've also had like 4 Marauders in the Abandoned Mines and of course Icon of Sin would mean suffering.
Then again, i picked UV plus, i asked for it, didn't it?

I also thought Quad Damage stopped spawning health near it, considering it's a Berserk replacement at times.

Spoiler:
whatup876

Postby Miru » Mon May 17, 2021 7:05 pm

whatup876 wrote:Saying this before getting the new version:
I remember when Summoners were once the last showing enemy, so it's interesting that now Titantulas and Infernis show up post 20.
It probably helps with the pacing and content variety but i also thought that the "pre/until map 20" concept was a safety measure for wads that are supposed to have less than a specific number of maps but still have 30 maps (that just aren't replaced/are Doom 2 vanilla), so i always thought the mod would still count those, meaning some content is never shown because some maps still secretly exist even if they're not supposed to.

I've also had like 4 Marauders in the Abandoned Mines and of course Icon of Sin would mean suffering.
Then again, i picked UV plus, i asked for it, didn't it?

I also thought Quad Damage stopped spawning health near it, considering it's a Berserk replacement at times.

Spoiler:

On the subject of
Spoiler:
Miru

Postby zm5 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:36 pm

Does anyone else get a trojan warning from Windows Defender while trying to download 7.1?
zm5

Postby Kinsie » Wed May 19, 2021 2:04 am

zm5 wrote:Does anyone else get a trojan warning from Windows Defender while trying to download 7.1?
Not getting this here, and a quick scan of the file using Windows Defender gives me an all-clear.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Miru » Sat May 22, 2021 2:34 pm

Quick bug report, coming through.

* The soulsphere STILL doesn't display a codex entry when you get it. (actually, an entry doesn't exist yet)
* Shouldn't the Forgotten Ones require Doom 2 as a prerequisite to be in the Codex, as they spawn only from a Beholder (which requires Doom 2 to spawn)? Or are there plans to have them spawn on their own?
* On MAP15 of Doom 2 (using a full-run mod for WadSmoosh), the switch in the yellow key room never appears, even when I slay all the enemies.
Miru

Postby RedClairefield » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:29 am

female doom player sure has hairy arms...
RedClairefield

Discord: bzk#4096
Twitch ID: nepdisc

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods