Page 127 of 128

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:43 pm
by Miru
If we acknowledge stuff like the 2019 movie, Mighty Doom might not have to be ignored, even if only with a lore item to its name. I have another idea: could there be a script to detect if a secret is permanently locked off from the player, and thus no longer count it towards the 100% secrets bonus? I saw that in action on E2M4 of Doom 1 a few days ago, where one of the secrets was permanently shut off by an enemy and couldn’t be accessed anymore, costing me 100% secrets. Hacx and SRB2 could also get lore items, as I feel they, especially SRB2, have enough impact.

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:58 pm
by Londier
Yo Kins, very cool mod, really love what ya did with it, new Beholder's much more enjoyable to fight, Hook's super rad, but I've got a bit of beef with that Marauder
The Marauder needs some anti-cheese protocol and some consistency switches. It's crazy I can just get this man cornered and refill my health/armor to 100 risk free.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3pp6fjgz9fwv ... y.mp4?dl=0
Additionally, this dude's got healthkits flying out of him while he's invulnerable, and nothing flying out when he's in his stun state, but that's not shown in this clip.
I know in "real" combat situations, you'll have other dudes to focus on too (threat of pinkies closing in, Barons and archviles providing area denial), probably some more "open" terrain (or in the other extreme, far more claustrophobic spaces) but still, he could use something to keep from getting bullied like this

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:22 am
by Kinsie
Londier wrote:Yo Kins, very cool mod, really love what ya did with it, new Beholder's much more enjoyable to fight, Hook's super rad, but I've got a bit of beef with that Marauder
The Marauder needs some anti-cheese protocol and some consistency switches. It's crazy I can just get this man cornered and refill my health/armor to 100 risk free.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3pp6fjgz9fwv ... y.mp4?dl=0
Additionally, this dude's got healthkits flying out of him while he's invulnerable, and nothing flying out when he's in his stun state, but that's not shown in this clip.
I know in "real" combat situations, you'll have other dudes to focus on too (threat of pinkies closing in, Barons and archviles providing area denial), probably some more "open" terrain (or in the other extreme, far more claustrophobic spaces) but still, he could use something to keep from getting bullied like this

Fixed in the devbuild, thanks. I'll put out a hotfix version soon.

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:34 am
by Netrax
Unfortunately the latest version does not work in LZDoom. And carelessly delete the old version from my computer when I download the new one.

If anyone has version 666, could they share it? it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:45 am
by Gez
Netrax wrote:If anyone has version 666, could they share it? it would be greatly appreciated.

V6.666 was from March 9, 2020, so here you go, this is the last commit of March 9, 2020. Download the code as a zip from the little button (above the commit number, left of the "About" text), extract it, and then run _zip.bat to get a pk3.

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:45 pm
by whatup876
Reporting on my experience with the Marauder:
in map 11, there was a part where he was in a cliff/floor higher than him and he kept jumping and throwing axes, but he wasn't getting on the platform, so he was almost stuck in a loop
(until i got close enough to him, i believe)
In this event, i also saw him summon his shield then his wolves, even though i didn't shoot at it
He also infaught with a nightmare imp.

I also thought the Hell razer's beam going through the Wall shield was fixed, but i think that was once already addressed and not easy to fix.

I also wonder where the Demonic Trooper's sounds come from, because i can't recall it but i assume it's an Amiga FPS because of those guys in Reelism 2.

edit: also noticed that the Soul cube has actual armor pick ups instead of the health ones occasionally giving armor in a binary yes/no way.
must be cause of the Flame Belch.

Spoiler:

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:47 am
by Miru
Been playing WadSmoosh, and I feel like perhaps there need to be options on where a Maruader will never spawn, even with superweapons; namely on either boss maps or a low map slot, independently toggleable.

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:56 pm
by TheRedCrow
Miru wrote:Been playing WadSmoosh, and I feel like perhaps there need to be options on where a Maruader will never spawn, even with superweapons; namely on either boss maps or a low map slot, independently toggleable.

There is? Go to spawn options in the Metadoom settings

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:48 pm
by whatup876
Well, i did have situations where more than one Marauder spawn, which makes me wonder if a limit for Marauders per level was considered.
I got the "only after super weapon" option right now.
He can also spawn in close/smaller spaces or at least those with higher floors, making him seem stuck and struggle to get on a platform at times. (most noticeably map 11 and 17)
Maybe a room size detection was considered already.

This is in my playthrough of Doom 2 UV plus, where i even went to the secret levels, but i got the Summoner in like map 16.
I remember when those only came by map 20.
Also have yet to see Infernis and Titantula.
What were their average spawn chances again?

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:05 pm
by Miru
whatup876 wrote:Well, i did have situations where more than one Marauder spawn, which makes me wonder if a limit for Marauders per level was considered.
I got the "only after super weapon" option right now.
He can also spawn in close/smaller spaces or at least those with higher floors, making him seem stuck and struggle to get on a platform at times. (most noticeably map 11 and 17)
Maybe a room size detection was considered already.

This is in my playthrough of Doom 2 UV plus, where i even went to the secret levels, but i got the Summoner in like map 16.
I remember when those only came by map 20.
Also have yet to see Infernis and Titantula.
What were their average spawn chances again?



It seems the number of them that spawn depend on how many superweapons you have. When I only had the BFG, only one would spawn per level; but now that I have all three superweapons, it's usually 2-3 that spawn. E4M2 had none at all, but E4M1 had one as the very first encounter. Also, while running WadSmoosh (with a modified full run mod that didn't reset weapon inventory after clearing an episode), I noticed that out of all the pickups, only the Berserk Pack was able to display a Codex entry, the other temporary pickups were left blank even though I collected those items. I have another suggestion; make the Artifact's audio effect toggleable on-and-off, I rather miss the impact that it had in 666 and the devbuilds. Maybe also give it some ability to combo with Invulnerability/Berserk (possibly using demon keys?) as a nod to ROE. A future lore item could reference the Animal Crossing memes; perhaps an Isabelle figurine? Call it "Caniform Figurine", to fit with the others. Possibly reference D&D's influence on the series (the book with the inspiration for the Cacodemon would be a cool pick) with another?

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:08 pm
by Kinsie
The number of Marauders that can spawn in a level are capped based on the number of levels you've completed. They emerge from Deathmatch spawn points placed by the level designer, so that's also a factor in their frequency or lack thereof.

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:02 pm
by whatup876
I've reached the Chasm and even then, still no Infernis and Titantula.
Kinsie, did you ever specify when/where/how these two are supposed to spawn?

I also thought the Marauder could benefit from a "forward jump" like the Hellknight (minus slam damage) just to minimize the chances of him getting stuck.
Also, the hologram doesn't seem to stay properly on elevator/moving sectors.
The kinetic mine actually sticks to them successfully, however.

Miru wrote:A future lore item could reference the Animal Crossing memes; perhaps an Isabelle figurine? Call it "Caniform Figurine", to fit with the others. Possibly reference D&D's influence on the series (the book with the inspiration for the Cacodemon would be a cool pick) with another?


The thing with Isabelle is that Doom and AC have little connection besides what is technically an "event" as opposed to the vague "parental" relationship with Doom and Halo, even besides Marathon and Xbox/Microsoft.
It'd be like also referencing Metroid or Touhou because those crossovers were also noticeable in fans.
It'd also be a meme reference like Doot, NEDM, Repercussions of evil, FIREBLU or even whether or not the existence of modern Doom does in fact hinges on Death Battle and a 4chan copypasta.
Then again, it is a series with an interesting story with its fanbase, even the nickname "Doomguy" shows this.

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:10 pm
by Kinsie
whatup876 wrote:I've reached the Chasm and even then, still no Infernis and Titantula.
Kinsie, did you ever specify when/where/how these two are supposed to spawn?
They'll both start spawning after 20 levels are completed (5 in episodes).

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:06 am
by Kinsie
Download v7.1 - "Ghost"

Changelog wrote:Monster Changes:
  • Fixed an issue where handling of the Potential Map-Breakers CVar was reversed for the Z-Sec and their dodge roll.
  • Marauder spawners will now attempt to remove any other Marauder spawners in a 128-unit radius, accounting for cases where Deathmatch Spawns were all placed in a big clump by a disinterested level designer.
  • Marauders no longer drop health when punched, fixing an exploit where you could bully them into fully healing you on a whim. Indeed, most custom damagetype effects are now disabled on Marauders.

UI Changes:
  • Fixed an oversight that caused most powerups to no longer unlock their appropriate Codex entries when collected.

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:34 am
by Gez
Kinsie wrote:The number of Marauders that can spawn in a level are capped based on the number of levels you've completed. They emerge from Deathmatch spawn points placed by the level designer, so that's also a factor in their frequency or lack thereof.

What about levels with a separate deathmatch arena, where it's usually not possible to move to the single player/coop part of the level?