MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: MetaDoom v7 "Ghost" (UPDATED!!! p124)

Postby Miru » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:43 pm

If we acknowledge stuff like the 2019 movie, Mighty Doom might not have to be ignored, even if only with a lore item to its name. I have another idea: could there be a script to detect if a secret is permanently locked off from the player, and thus no longer count it towards the 100% secrets bonus? I saw that in action on E2M4 of Doom 1 a few days ago, where one of the secrets was permanently shut off by an enemy and couldn’t be accessed anymore, costing me 100% secrets. Hacx and SRB2 could also get lore items, as I feel they, especially SRB2, have enough impact.
Miru

Postby Londier » Mon May 03, 2021 2:58 pm

Yo Kins, very cool mod, really love what ya did with it, new Beholder's much more enjoyable to fight, Hook's super rad, but I've got a bit of beef with that Marauder
The Marauder needs some anti-cheese protocol and some consistency switches. It's crazy I can just get this man cornered and refill my health/armor to 100 risk free.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3pp6fjgz9fwv ... y.mp4?dl=0
Additionally, this dude's got healthkits flying out of him while he's invulnerable, and nothing flying out when he's in his stun state, but that's not shown in this clip.
I know in "real" combat situations, you'll have other dudes to focus on too (threat of pinkies closing in, Barons and archviles providing area denial), probably some more "open" terrain (or in the other extreme, far more claustrophobic spaces) but still, he could use something to keep from getting bullied like this
Londier

Postby Kinsie » Tue May 04, 2021 1:22 am

Londier wrote:Yo Kins, very cool mod, really love what ya did with it, new Beholder's much more enjoyable to fight, Hook's super rad, but I've got a bit of beef with that Marauder
The Marauder needs some anti-cheese protocol and some consistency switches. It's crazy I can just get this man cornered and refill my health/armor to 100 risk free.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3pp6fjgz9fwv ... y.mp4?dl=0
Additionally, this dude's got healthkits flying out of him while he's invulnerable, and nothing flying out when he's in his stun state, but that's not shown in this clip.
I know in "real" combat situations, you'll have other dudes to focus on too (threat of pinkies closing in, Barons and archviles providing area denial), probably some more "open" terrain (or in the other extreme, far more claustrophobic spaces) but still, he could use something to keep from getting bullied like this

Fixed in the devbuild, thanks. I'll put out a hotfix version soon.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Netrax » Tue May 04, 2021 1:34 am

Unfortunately the latest version does not work in LZDoom. And carelessly delete the old version from my computer when I download the new one.

If anyone has version 666, could they share it? it would be greatly appreciated.
Netrax

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Gez » Wed May 05, 2021 1:45 am

Netrax wrote:If anyone has version 666, could they share it? it would be greatly appreciated.

V6.666 was from March 9, 2020, so here you go, this is the last commit of March 9, 2020. Download the code as a zip from the little button (above the commit number, left of the "About" text), extract it, and then run _zip.bat to get a pk3.
Gez

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods