MetaDoom v666 "Titan" (UPDATED!! p115)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: MetaDoom v666 "Titan" (UPDATED!! p115)

Postby Denkezal » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:36 pm

I would love to work with you on this project
feel free to search my name (denkezal) to see my stuff.
email me at denkezal@hotmail.com
Denkezal

Postby Grizzly » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:49 am

random quibble:

Have a pop-up toast at 100% map completion and not before.
Grizzly

Postby whatup876 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:44 pm

Well, the game is out for a week, so i guess it's okay to talk about Eternal now.
Looking at dumb ideas:
* if you like the microwave beam from the plasma rifle, that could result in replacing the lightning gun's alt fire, which would be represented by a new inventory item, the ice bomb. it would still stun enemies but without that electric spark that keeps going for a while.
* the Buff Totems could work as a mod-based-level-only object, that could make enemies go into nightmare mode.
* time based encounters (gore nests) could work for some secret fights and much like Buff Totems, they would be for levels made for the mod.
* Eternal has a lot of level design mechanics and features and even its take on Hell on Earth could lead to some ideas.
Spoiler:
whatup876

Postby slyrboi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:23 am

Now you gotta add Eternal to this roster
slyrboi

Postby SiFi270 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:38 am

I can't speak for Kinsie, but I feel like the whole reason he's working on Reelism 2 right now is so the hype can settle down and he can more carefully consider what to incorporate and how. But that's just a guess. And, of course, it means more time for people to work on sprites like the centered weapons Shivers is working on, and figure such intricacies as how things behave and how to go about ripping things like sounds and UI.
SiFi270

Postby Kinsie » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:58 am

I'm working on something else at the moment because I need a bit of a break. I will return to MetaDoom, though. Part of it is waiting for audio extraction to become less horrible...
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods