MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: MetaDoom v5.3 "Klave" (What's Next? p106)

Post by Kinsie »

The ZScriptification has been achieved.

I'd very much appreciate it if anyone could grab a devbuild and whack it against the walls to see if anything important breaks.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

I haven't updated yet but i was messing with the death animations. (because i somehow forgot about them)
Is it me or was the gib animation (the one with the PS1 head explosion) cut?
I tried triggering it and it looks like it was replaced with the one showing the player's legs.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:Is it me or was the gib animation (the one with the PS1 head explosion) cut?
Not intentionally. Fixed, thanks for the heads-up!
HLRaven
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by HLRaven »

Hey Kinsie just wanted to say that i really love your mod! I was wondering will there be more optimizations?
Sallyspartan

Post by Sallyspartan »

Hey Kinsie,

Wanted to wish you luck, since I've been stalking this mod since you dropped the "Imperatrix" trailer, but never got around to posting.
This mod got me back into Doom and Doom II and I've really enjoyed the past couple updates. It particularly fixes a pet peeve of mine when it comes to franchises, content disappearing between one title and the next.
I have a hobbled together mess of a Doom 4 Lost Soul sprite sheet if you ever wanted to add that suicide unit and needed a placeholder. Wished I could help beyond that, but I'm terrible at sprite work.

Thank you for creating a wonderful mod experience, and hopefully we can tear through the Mother Demon and Hell Guards in this mod some day.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Is it me or does Rahovart/D64 PE lack sounds?

Edit: also, i got a new version from like yesterday from GitHub.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:Is it me or does Rahovart/D64 PE lack sounds?
Huh, weird, this issue seems to go back quite a few versions, too. Fixed!
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Also, i remember you fixing something about the Summoners in regards to them being put in "secret" rooms until they teleport to the actual level.

I thought about that because in Doom 2's map 13, that closed area with Pinkies (and their variants) can lead to a few of them not leaving the room when i pick up that rocket launcher.

I even switched to PrBoom+ and every Pinky left that room.
Attachments
pinkiestuck.png
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Hmm. This issue seems to involve the variants in question being faster than the Pinkies, and somehow "skipping past" the line trigger...
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

Perhaps the Super Shotgun can finally get a proper alt-fire once Doom Eternal gets released.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

I'm probably going to put out the new version a little after the Bethesda E3 stream. No new enemies or weapons, but over sixty dot points on the changelog due to all the fixes and tweaks. Be sure to hit up the developer build in the OP if you either can't wait or feel like bug-hunting!
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Heck, might as well pump it out a little early:

Download v5.666 "Klave EX" (~35mb)
Changelog wrote:This update moves every last remaining piece of DECORATE script in the mod (and there was a lot) to ZScript! As such, there's no NEW monsters or weapons, but in the process I was able to review and polish all the existing stuff, bringing the mod closer to where - at least in my eyes - it should be...

Player Changes:
  • Added unique "MetaDoomGuy" player sprites!
  • Ported the player code to ZScript.
  • Fixed the various visual issues (endless viewbobbing, angle resetting on bounce) that have plagued the decapitated player skull since it was first added.
  • Redid the footstep sounds for slime/blood/etc.
  • Added more first-person death sequences!

Monster Changes:
  • ZScript porting, various bugfixes and improvements far and wide.
  • Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances, melee'd enemies would be hurled the wrong direction, TOWARDS the player instead of AWAY.
  • Fixed a visual issue where gibs could be left floating in the air when the floor beneath them lowered.
  • Fixed visual issues with the Spider Mastermind's telekinesis attack and death.
  • Fixed visual issues with the Cyberdemon's death.
  • Fixed a mistake where a bugfix intended for the Imp Lord was actually applied to the Nightmare Imp instead, presumably in a bout of insomnia-induced idiocy.
  • Converted Nightmare Imp sounds from FLAC to OGG, for consistency's sake.
  • Added higher-definition sounds for Pinkies and Spectres.
  • Bull Demons and Hellhound-family monsters now move "smoothly", fixing an issue where they'd walk through line triggers in certain situations (DOOM2 MAP13).
  • Bull Demons now have a slightly smaller collision box.
  • Fixed a bug where after charging, Bull Demons wouldn't charge again unless they left their roaming state by way of attacking or being attacked.
  • The Baron of Hell's jump attack no longer reuses the Hell Knight's grunt sound.
  • Cacodemon and Bruiser-family monsters now have appropriate "crushed" sprites.
  • Malwraiths now use recoloured Cacodemon gibs instead of generic ones.
  • Fixed the "bobbing up and down" effect on Cacodemon-family monsters not being restored when they're resurrected by Archviles.
  • Cacodemons now have modified sounds.
  • Fixed a bug where 50% of the time, Spiborgs didn't award points upon death.
  • Added a small chance for Cyber-Mancubi to stop attacking instead of launching its bombs forever as long as the player is in sight.
  • Beholders are now less likely to spawn Forgotten Ones, and spawn them in a different manner which doesn't immediately set them into an attacking state.
  • Fixed the sound definitions for Rahovarts not existing, embarassingly.
  • Arch-Viles now have new sounds (with thanks to Captain J for some of them!)
  • A certain WolfSS variant's sounds are now less ear-splitting.
Weapon Changes:
  • Greatly improved dynamic light definitions for various explosion effects.
  • The Pistol flashlight now uses an actual spotlight as opposed to a constant spray of invisible pointlight projectiles.
  • Improvements and updates to the Fire Extinguisher:
    • The period of time that extinguishing yourself lasts has been increased from 3.5 seconds to 5 seconds.
    • The particle effects while the player is under the effects of having sprayed themselves now look a little less buggy.
    • Fixed bug where exiting a map while having sprayed themselves would result in them having the self-extinguished buff forever.
  • Improvements and updates to the Gauss Cannon:
    •Fixed a one-frame visual bug when deselecting the Gauss Cannon while zoomed.
    •Reduced the amount of time between firing and being able to scope/unscope.
    •Updated scope artwork.
  • The Rocket Launcher alt-fire has been updated to be actually useful - manually detonating your rocket now sprays ripping fragments for additional damage.
  • Added a new sound to when you try and use the Unmaker's altfire without any Demon Keys, instead of reusing the Rocket Launcher's altfire sound.
  • The blades of the Soulcube have been given some much needed shading.
Item Changes:
  • Adjusted Hologram projectile trajectory so it lands further away.
  • Changed how Medikits are spawned by the Quad Damage pickup.
  • Improved Light-Amp pickup sound.
UI Changes:
  • Overhauled ListMenus and MessageBoxMenus with a nice new look!
  • Re-enabled the Difficulty Menu description stuff with the reassurance that AFADoomer probably won't gut me for it. In the future this will be redone using the code from the Wolfenstein 3D TC just to be safe, but there's a lot of twiddling that needs to be done.
  • Replaced the main menu's hi-res logo with a more consistent pixel-art version.
  • Updated Nash's tooltips system to be better placed and more easily readable.
  • Added a new CVar to change how the 100% kills/items/secrets message is displayed. You can now choose between MetaDoom's traditional loud pop-up "toast" or a simple log message accompanied by unobtrusive beeping sounds.
  • Stopped the "100% Monsters/Items/Secrets" message from popping up during TITLEMAP sequences, like Doom 64's.
Prop Changes:
  • Fixed a typo that would result in glow effects on light-source props being displaced on the very first tic that they're spawned.
  • Fixed a visual oddity where the "permanent" blood stains spawned by certain props would spawn on top of liquid textures.
  • Fixed a visual issue where gibs could be left floating in the air when the floor beneath them lowered.
  • Fixed blood splashes from gibbed props launching straight downwards.
  • Added a unique replacement for the EvilEye for SIGIL, fixing a number of issues while adding a tiny bit of unique polish.
Other Changes:
  • ZScript porting, various bugfixes and minor tweaks far and wide.
  • General re-sorting and spring cleaning of code and assets all around.
  • Replaced the end-game cast call sequence with something less buggy.
  • Updated the Episodic Spawn Rules CVar to support SIGIL.
  • Added a new cheat-code, just for funsies...
  • Resorted the credits by alphabetical order, and updated the credits image.
  • Updated the ENDOOM, because at this point in the changelog, why not?
SergeantDiggs

Post by SergeantDiggs »

That's a lot of changes, keep up the good work!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: MetaDoom v5.666 "Klave EX" (p107)

Post by wildweasel »

Congrats on the release!
macius

Re: MetaDoom v5.666 "Klave EX" (p107)

Post by macius »

i love you! :wub:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”