MetaDoom v5.1 "Klave" (Artipatch! p98)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby Techokami » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm gonna try and field some of these questions, I hope Kinsie doesn't mind.
Baronos wrote:-What do you think of adding a monster option for the mod?
Like this: -Vanilla -Progressive -Alternative -Random
I know new monsters appear progressively but I thought It would be an option for those who want to fight the new ones right off the bat.
You can already disable the Progressive spawns by enabling the Content Locust Mode in the MetaDoom Options. This makes everything that can spawn start spawning from the first map. Beware, this can be a bit imbalanced.
Baronos wrote:-Are you going to add Glory Kills from Doom 4?
I'm not talking about making an animation for the kills,that would ruin the pace.Just something similar.
I believe Kinsie has stated that this will not be added to MetaDoom.
Baronos wrote:-Will there be variations of some weapons?
I'm not talking about whole new weapons,just different skins:Like the regular chainsaw replaced with the Doom64 version.
There's a plan for implementing the Sixty-Saw, but it got pushed back. Who knows?
Baronos wrote:-Speaking of skins and Doom 4,are you going to give to the Cyberdemon the same treatment as the Spider Mastermind?
What I'm trying to say is if you're going to give a new look the Cyberdemon with some moves from Doom 4,it feels quite underwhelming if compared to the Mastermind.
What do you mean? It's got the Doom 64 sprite sets, it has a dash attack, and it can move AND shoot at the same time!
Baronos wrote:-Considering this is a mod that combines everything from Doom in different media,will there be something from the Doom movie,too?
I know this sounds weird,but I think it would be quite nice have something from the Doom movie:Maybe a weapon or a new enemy,like Sarge(The Rock) which would be a stronger shotgunner but has a weaker version of the hellknight's jump attack.
Magic 8-Ball says: Ask again later.
Baronos wrote:-The last one(maybe I'm asking too much with this):Are you going to add the Mother Demon from Doom64,too?
Yes,It might be impossible add her to the bunch but I think it would go like this:she appears really rarely and replaces the Mastermind or the Cyberdemon.
This is something we wanted to add in, but Kinsie couldn't think of a sane way to add it in without breaking everything.
User avatar
Techokami
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Location: E3M7

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby wildweasel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:39 pm

Baronos wrote:I know this sounds weird,but I think it would be quite nice have something from the Doom movie:Maybe a weapon or a new enemy,like Sarge(The Rock) which would be a stronger shotgunner but has a weaker version of the hellknight's jump attack.

While it's unlikely we'll see actual in-game content based on the movie (as there's not really a frame of reference for behavior, it'd largely become fanfic-material), I could certainly see there being room for some sarcastic reference to the movie or plot points from it (like referring to the Berserk pack as "C24 Serum", or Pinkies randomly having wheels instead of legs).

Personally, if we were adding material from the film into actual gameplay, I'd want to rally for things from the books as well, like the much-vaunted M-211 Semi-automatic Gas-Operated Infantry Combat Weapon (Sig-Cow).
User avatar
wildweasel
May or may not have a pumpernickel addiction
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: avatar by kurashiki

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby Baronos » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:09 pm

What do you mean? It's got the Doom 64 sprite sets, it has a dash attack, and it can move AND shoot at the same time!
I was talking about the design,I was asking if he will change him to make him look more like his Doom 4 version.
I was also asking if he will add more moves from Doom 4 like his "rocket rain" attack.
Thank you very much for the responses.By the way:P
Baronos
 
Joined: 25 Mar 2017

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby Kinsie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:44 am

Baronos wrote:-What do you think of adding a monster option for the mod?
Like this: -Vanilla -Progressive -Alternative -Random
I know new monsters appear progressively but I thought It would be an option for those who want to fight the new ones right off the bat.
See Techo's post.

Baronos wrote:-Are you going to add Glory Kills from Doom 4?
I'm not talking about making an animation for the kills,that would ruin the pace.Just something similar.
The melee button is about as far as I'll go with this.

Baronos wrote:-Will there be variations of some weapons?
I'm not talking about whole new weapons,just different skins:Like the regular chainsaw replaced with the Doom64 version.
Highly doubtful, it would overcomplicate the weapon code, which is complex enough as it is. The D64 chainsaw was planned to be added as a seperate weapon (sort of as an easter egg), and I still intend on doing it.

Baronos wrote:-Speaking of skins and Doom 4,are you going to give to the Cyberdemon the same treatment as the Spider Mastermind?
What I'm trying to say is if you're going to give a new look the Cyberdemon with some moves from Doom 4,it feels quite underwhelming if compared to the Mastermind.
DrPySpy (who did the spider sprites) was doing something similar for a mod of his own that I don't think was announced and that I don't think he's currently working on. Who knows?

Baronos wrote:-Considering this is a mod that combines everything from Doom in different media,will there be something from the Doom movie,too?
I know this sounds weird,but I think it would be quite nice have something from the Doom movie:Maybe a weapon or a new enemy,like Sarge(The Rock) which would be a stronger shotgunner but has a weaker version of the hellknight's jump attack.
I'd like to have some kind of reference to the movie and novels, but I'm not sure how crazy I'd be able to go with it. We'll see what the future holds.

Baronos wrote:-The last one(maybe I'm asking too much with this):Are you going to add the Mother Demon from Doom64,too?
Yes,It might be impossible add her to the bunch but I think it would go like this:she appears really rarely and replaces the Mastermind or the Cyberdemon.
I'd love to, but I'm not sure what the best way of integrating them into the game would be.
User avatar
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby Baronos » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:54 am

I'd love to, but I'm not sure what the best way of integrating them into the game would be.

I think the best way to put her in the game would be making an option only for her.As I said she replaces the Mastermind or the Cyberdemon but It's actually pretty rare.
Like this=Spawning Mother Demon: On/Off with a warning below.
Baronos
 
Joined: 25 Mar 2017

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby whatup876 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:59 pm

If DyPySpy is still working on the MetaDoom codex, maybe the entry for the Bull Demon (Doom 3 Pinky) could have a reference to the Pinky guy from the movie.

Baronos wrote:
I'd love to, but I'm not sure what the best way of integrating them into the game would be.

I think the best way to put her in the game would be making an option only for her.As I said she replaces the Mastermind or the Cyberdemon but It's actually pretty rare.
Like this=Spawning Mother Demon: On/Off with a warning below.


Kinsie did something interesting with the Unmaker, demon keys and nightmare Imps for the consolation prize version of Doom 64, where they'd spawn in the exact same spots they'd do in the original game.

Edit: Maybe the Codex could be used to reference Doom related media, like the Berserk entry referencing the comic book or the spheres having entries referecing how the novels mentioned how they were used.

Edit 2: And CyberDemon's entry could have something to do with Wolfenstein RPG.
Seems like a lot could be done with this.
whatup876
 
Joined: 27 Feb 2017

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby TootsyBowl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:45 am

The Tesla Rocket has a propensity for frying it's thrower as enthusiastically as it does the monsters. Is that intentional? I don't recall it doing that in the 3.X versions.
User avatar
TootsyBowl
 
Joined: 21 Jun 2017
Location: Somewhere far off in the East
Discord: #2053

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby Kinsie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:49 pm

TootsyBowl wrote:The Tesla Rocket has a propensity for frying it's thrower as enthusiastically as it does the monsters. Is that intentional? I don't recall it doing that in the 3.X versions.
I did a quick check using the Github build and the latest stable release of GZDoom, and I'm not seeing this.
User avatar
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby KILLER2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:38 pm

I'm using the latest version of GZDoom and I get 2 DECORATE errors whenever I combine the mod with the optional mod, as well as a message saying "execution could not continue". It works fine without the optional mod, but I'd still want to use that. Any ideas?
KILLER2
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2010

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby Korell » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:53 pm

KILLER2 wrote:I'm using the latest version of GZDoom and I get 2 DECORATE errors whenever I combine the mod with the optional mod, as well as a message saying "execution could not continue". It works fine without the optional mod, but I'd still want to use that. Any ideas?


I've just tried this myself using v3.2.5 (x64) and I don't get any decorate errors. I do get 5 script errors (all in spawners.dec) but nothing that stops execution. How are you loading the mod files? For comparison, I'm calling them with the following command to specify the load order (note that I've stripped out various folder paths here to more easily show the files being loaded):

START gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file metadoom_v4.1_fred.pk3 metadoom-optional_v4.1_fred.pk3 -config MetaDoom.ini -savedir Saves\MetaDoom
User avatar
Korell
 
Joined: 28 May 2017

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby Techokami » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:56 pm

KILLER2 wrote:I'm using the latest version of GZDoom and I get 2 DECORATE errors whenever I combine the mod with the optional mod, as well as a message saying "execution could not continue". It works fine without the optional mod, but I'd still want to use that. Any ideas?

Can you please post the exact errors from the console log? That would help us with attempting to reproduce. (Using the latest code for MetaDoom and MetaDoom Optional on GZDoom 3.2.5 with doom2.wad only produces some minor errors related to support for the Consolation Prize maps, normal gameplay is unaffected)
User avatar
Techokami
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Location: E3M7

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby Dwailing » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:26 pm

I have this weird issue where I have 25 item charges but I can't use any items. Since the item icon is dimmed out like when it's on cooldown I suspect that what's happening is that I changed levels while my items were cooling down or something like that and as a result it got stuck. Is there some way I can reset the item cooldown or something so it'll hopefully work again?
Dwailing
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2017
Discord: 5896

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (Link Removed)

Postby Kinsie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:29 am

You're probably aware by now that new rules are coming into place regarding usage of assets from commercial games. The exact details are not in stone just yet, and the forum staff have been fairly cagey about what's planned, but if they're anything like last time this was tried, then they will rule out assets from games released within X number of years (I think it was five last time?), which will almost certainly rule out Doom 2016 content, among other things used. As such, to avoid being banned when such rules come into play (assuming that they will be applied fairly and equally, of course), I've removed the download links to this mod. This might seem overly precautious or paranoid given the reasons or cause, but I have enough marks against my ZDoom Forums account that taking chances is a terrible idea.

If you're looking for this mod, you'll have to look harder. If you have a problem with this, I'm not the person to take it to. Sorry, but that's just how it is.
User avatar
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (Link Removed)

Postby Kyotra » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 am

What, do the mods not know how to fucking grandfather things in? I understand not wanting modders to plagiarize assets, but so many mods already make use of assets from elsewhere that it will kill half the forum.

Yet another modding community about to get ruined over asshurt when no one even profits from these things.
User avatar
Kyotra
 
Joined: 30 Sep 2017

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (Link Removed)

Postby Kinsie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:46 am

Kyotra wrote:What, do the mods not know how to fucking grandfather things in?
I've heard conflicting things. It doesn't sound like there's a single vision in place yet. I'd rather not risk it.
User avatar
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CD-Roman, DarkWarrior1995, Semrush [Bot], TiberiumSoul and 13 guests