MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: MetaDoom v3.1 "Samuel" (p68)

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'm pretty sure it is intended, sorted in what is the most useful to have on hand first (Soul Cube kills enemies in a shot and leaves tons of pickups, Unmaker shoots a fast laser attack that can be upgraded to be devastating, and the BFG is mostly reserved for taking out really big guys).
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

oh well, i guess that makes sense
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

I kinda thought of how the arachno tron from D64 could be added and have his own name but i'm not sure if it could work: Doom 3 had like 2 spider enemies being the trite and the tick.

I was thinking that one would actually be in the mod (even if it means coming from the Vagary) while the other would have to be sacrificed so his name can be used for the 64 arachno tron.

Meanwhile, the mother demon and Sabaoth could be the hardest to add i think

Also, speaking on the Sawcubus from RPG, i just noticed that D3 had the Sawyer
Doctrine Gamer

Fade Out Gibs & Shell Casings

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

This mod is an interesting fusion of the dooms but I missed the fade out option for gibs and shell casings to further improve the performance, will it be in some upcoming update?
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

whatup876 wrote:Meanwhile, the mother demon and Sabaoth could be the hardest to add i think
Adding Sabaoth seems straightforward enough: either make it an Arachnotron variant or a Cyberdemon variant.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:
whatup876 wrote:Meanwhile, the mother demon and Sabaoth could be the hardest to add i think
Adding Sabaoth seems straightforward enough: either make it an Arachnotron variant or a Cyberdemon variant.
I guess it could work since there is kind of a connection between the BFG and the Plasma gun, but he would have be appear in rare situations where the player gets enough armor/health and he's a lone enemy, this could go for the mother demon as well except she would replace a revenant (both have homing rockets) that would be placed on a big open space.

this could be in case replacing bosses isn't good enough for them
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Fade Out Gibs & Shell Casings

Post by Kinsie »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:This mod is an interesting fusion of the dooms but I missed the fade out option for gibs and shell casings to further improve the performance, will it be in some upcoming update?
Frankly, I don't know. The landscape has changed dramatically since this project was started, and I'm trying to figure out where - or if - it fits in.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

HELP WANTED

While having my monthly existential crisis as to where I fit into the ever-changing ZDoom landscape (spoiler: there are varying opinions on this!), I translated MonsterCore (ie. the actor that all monsters inherit from for shared states for getting punched etc. etc.) and the Lost Soul family of monsters to ZScript. This means that the Lost Souls' method of generating their fire trail is less criminal, more uniform and possibly less system intensive. (Possibly. Further optimisations are of course possible and desired, and likely easier to do now).

This is kind of both a small change and a big one, with a possibility for things to go horribly wrong. Nothing seems to have, but if you'd like to rub a development version all over yourself and let me know if anything's gone awry throughout the whole messy process, I'd greatly appreciate it!

On Github: Source Repo | Pre-Release Test Builds
whatup876

Re: MetaDoom v3.1 "Samuel" (Help Wanted! p70)

Post by whatup876 »

You know how Hellknight and Mancubus have similar health while the Cyber Mancubus has more health than a regular Mancubus?

Does this mean that Bruiser from RoE (said to be a mix of HK and Mancs) and Cybie Mancs would be varients for HK and Baron in case they don't work with the Mancubi?

Also, would the 64 Mancubus be named "Druj" or "Behemoth"?
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

i checked the equipment part of the first page of this thread and the Syphon grenade is gone, is it being removed?
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

i think that in some way the syhpon grenade just needs to reworked in a way where it's less used than most items, like maybe give its own number which would be a lower one (since all items are connected as if it were multiple weapons sharing the same ammo) or add some timed delay after using it.

Also, did the MP from D4 had an enemy that could increase his own health by stealing it from other players? maybe that could be an enemy and (maybe) he could be able to heal other enemies just for the sake of challenge.

Just another thought.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:i checked the equipment part of the first page of this thread and the Syphon grenade is gone, is it being removed?
Fixed, thanks. Also, you know there's an "Edit" button to prevent double-posting, right?
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Kinsie wrote:
whatup876 wrote:i checked the equipment part of the first page of this thread and the Syphon grenade is gone, is it being removed?
Fixed, thanks. Also, you know there's an "Edit" button to prevent double-posting, right?
sorry, my mind was somewhere else
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I saw on your Tumblr that you weren't sure how to implement Quad Damage into this, and it occurred to me that if RoE's hunters were in this then maybe the Berserk Hunter could drop it in the form of Doom RPG's Berserker Sphere. I guess it'd depend on what you want to do with the Artifact and, as always, what sprites are available.
Atendega

Post by Atendega »

whatup876 wrote:I kinda thought of how the arachno tron from D64 could be added and have his own name but i'm not sure if it could work: Doom 3 had like 2 spider enemies being the trite and the tick.

I was thinking that one would actually be in the mod (even if it means coming from the Vagary) while the other would have to be sacrificed so his name can be used for the 64 arachno tron.
The trite and the tick are vastly different from the arachnotron in behavior and appearance, and I don't think either name would fit at all. As far as their inclusion in the mod, the trite and tick are essentially identical to each other in behavior. If you have sprites for both, they could be implemented as one enemy that randomly chooses either the trite or tick skin when spawned.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”