MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

Post by Kinsie »

Truvix wrote:Something else that just suddenly came to mind while I was messing around, how is the unmaker going to be handled? Are we going to see a return of the demon key upgrade mechanism, or is just going to found far later into the game at full power? The main reason I'm asking this is because I don't know how exactly you would go about implementing them, since the keys are found in secret levels.
I haven't gotten that far yet, but since the Unmaker would be an alternate weapon that doesn't spawn unless you have the basic weapon for that slot, it probably wouldn't be crazy to, say, give Demon Keys a chance of spawning near powerups when you have an Unmaker and less than 3 Demon Keys.
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

You promised that there would be "rpgs and console ports thrown into the mix" how are these going to be handled? Will the combat drones and the holy squirt gun be added on the list of ways to kill demons? Will the doom 2 baddies get their coloured counterparts from the iOS games be part of Satan's little helpers? Will the mother demon come back from the dead to rule over the ever-increasing pile of maniacs with fangs, guns, swords, and whatever that shifty-looking revenant down the street will probably snatch from your local UAC occupation base?
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Will there be a Chaingun?

Also:
rabid marine wrote: Will the combat drones and the holy squirt gun be added on the list of ways to kill demons?
wat
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

rabid marine wrote:You promised that there would be "rpgs and console ports thrown into the mix" how are these going to be handled? Will the combat drones and the holy squirt gun be added on the list of ways to kill demons? Will the doom 2 baddies get their coloured counterparts from the iOS games be part of Satan's little helpers? Will the mother demon come back from the dead to rule over the ever-increasing pile of maniacs with fangs, guns, swords, and whatever that shifty-looking revenant down the street will probably snatch from your local UAC occupation base?
The Holy Water Pistol is already in, since I made it for DUMP3. The recolour folks will be in, both blended into the variants from other games and using original gameplay design based on whatever seemed like a good idea at the time. I'd like to implement Doom 64's Mother Demon at some point...
shotfan wrote:Will there be a Chaingun?
Yes. I just haven't made it yet.
shotfan wrote:Also:
rabid marine wrote: Will the combat drones and the holy squirt gun be added on the list of ways to kill demons?
wat
The mobile games went some places, man.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

if the holy water pistol does not give enemies giant googly eyes, i'm going to be infinitely disappointed.
Truvix

Post by Truvix »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:if the holy water pistol does not give enemies giant googly eyes, i'm going to be infinitely disappointed.
Can someone give me a brief overview on some of the crazier obscure stuff that has appeared in some of the more obscure parts of Doom's history, partially because I'm curious as to what I should look into for fun bits of trivia, and partially so I can brace myself accordingly for things that may be coming.
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

What can we expect from the gore system, if there is one? Ludicrous gibs? Flying corpses? Sliding corpses? Slashing? slaying? Frying? Flaying? ludicrous gibs. ludicrous gibs. (repeats)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Truvix wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:if the holy water pistol does not give enemies giant googly eyes, i'm going to be infinitely disappointed.
Can someone give me a brief overview on some of the crazier obscure stuff that has appeared in some of the more obscure parts of Doom's history, partially because I'm curious as to what I should look into for fun bits of trivia, and partially so I can brace myself accordingly for things that may be coming.
I can't exactly give you the penultimate guide to all things Doom lore, but the RPGs have had some pretty out-there stuff compared to the relatively serious main series. Stuff like:
  • The fire extinguisher in Doom RPG being the best weapon to use against Lost Souls and Arch-Viles
  • Dogs
  • A level where your character must learn SQL to unlock a door
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

wildweasel wrote: I can't exactly give you the penultimate guide to all things Doom lore, but the RPGs have had some pretty out-there stuff compared to the relatively serious main series. Stuff like:
  • The fire extinguisher in Doom RPG being the best weapon to use against Lost Souls and Arch-Viles
  • Dogs
  • A level where your character must learn SQL to unlock a door
What the hell is SQL?

EDIT: nevermind. it's a programming language. wildweasel, can you tell us more about the obscure history of doom, including non-rpg games?
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Will some of the stuff from metadoom appear in reelism 4.0 when it releases, and will something from reelism appear in metadoom as an easter egg? if you add metadoom content in reelism, can you make two reels titled "metadoomer" which is the weapons and "metadoomed" which is the monsters.
Almonds

Post by Almonds »

rabid marine wrote:can you tell us more about the obscure history of doom, including non-rpg games?
Download this thing called KEmulator on your PC and search for the .jar file for the game on google. See for yourself. You won't regret it :lol: .

Nah, in all seriousness, the games are both incredibly fun stuff. I recall staying up late many, many years ago slipping into my brother's room overnight while sleeping to snatch his phone just so I could play the first one x3.
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Almonds wrote:
rabid marine wrote:can you tell us more about the obscure history of doom, including non-rpg games?
Download this thing called KEmulator on your PC and search for the .jar file for the game on google. See for yourself. You won't regret it :lol: .

Nah, in all seriousness, the games are both incredibly fun stuff. I recall staying up late many, many years ago slipping into my brother's room overnight while sleeping to snatch his phone just so I could play the first one x3.
I was talking about obscure doom lore and content, not emulators. thanks nonetheless

I actually played doom rpg 2, but got frustrated and quit when i couldn't beat the first boss. (and didn't know how to use the goddamn treadmills to boost agility. how stupid can i get.) (I also didn't buy nano drinks, that barron of hell sweat really could have done me a favor)
Last edited by rabid marine on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

rabid marine wrote:What can we expect from the gore system, if there is one? Ludicrous gibs?
crossed my fingers for this one. As seen in the screenshot, i say that amount of gibs are not enough to me, for some reason! :P
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

also,

this thing looks like some sort of anamatronic from some FNAF clone. Jesus Christ.
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

DAMMIT I JUST REALIZED THE PUN

SAWCUBUS

SUCCUBUS

HOW DOES ID COME UP WITH THIS SHIT
Last edited by rabid marine on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”