MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
whatup876

Re: MetaDoom v4 "Fred" (p79)

Post by whatup876 »

Yeah, awesome.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Currently in the middle of a huge playthrough, but definitely downloading this and looking forward to enjoy it in the future. This mod is huge!
NuclearPotato

Post by NuclearPotato »

Loving the new version so far!

One bug to report, though. I started up a playthrough with the Consolation Prize version of the PSX Doom TC, and the level names in the Ultimate Doom episode are showing up as their Doom 2 counterpart. This didn't extend to the secret maps, it seems; Military Base was still Military Base, and so on. EDIT: I'm like 90% sure it's something to do with the code monitoring the spiffy new capitalized level names seeing the MAP01, MAP02, etc., designation and assuming that it's still Doom 2. Dunno why that is, seeing as how other custom maps still show their proper names. DOUBLE EDIT: I think you already disregarded it, but it's a load order problem if anyone else has this problem. Load con_psxdoom.pk3 last for proper map names.

http://imgur.com/a/qid0L
Last edited by NuclearPotato on Tue May 30, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Question: why is the Sawcubus not dropping its chainsaw upon death? Is it because I already happen to have it?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Or maybe it's not supposed to. It's an attachment that was meant only to be operated by the Sawcubus itself. Like the Scrake from KF(2).
Black Rock Shooter

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

DoomKrakken wrote:Or maybe it's not supposed to. It's an attachment that was meant only to be operated by the Sawcubus itself. Like the Scrake from KF(2).
Or just like the Stroggs from Quake 2.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Wait, those guys had chainsaw arms too???

(Forgive my ignorance, I've never played any of the Quake games...)
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Anyway, I see you have not fixed the display issue regarding the 100% Message Size option. Are you saving it for a later patch?
Fixing this would require more maths than I'm willing to commit to while sober. It's a low priority.
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Question: why is the Sawcubus not dropping its chainsaw upon death? Is it because I already happen to have it?
DoomKrakken wrote:Or maybe it's not supposed to. It's an attachment that was meant only to be operated by the Sawcubus itself. Like the Scrake from KF(2).
The Sawcubus currently doesn't drop anything because it giving the player a chainsaw earlier than the level designer intended may potentially make things easier than intended. I might make it drop one when gibbed in the future, so you still have to work for it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Sounds like a good idea. I mean, some maps don't even care about chainsaw.
DoomKrakken wrote:Wait, those guys had chainsaw arms too???
Although they don't have chainsaw and such, many Stroggs has guns for arms. Guards, Enforcer and Gunner... You name it.
KarolineDianne

Post by KarolineDianne »

Heya so, I just downloaded the new version and tried to play but... For some reason absolutely no zombiemen are spawning.

Only the laser imps.

Nothing but the laser imps.

This is more hardcore than I expected.

And I get these errors in the startup console:

And yes, I'm using the latest stable gzDoom build, 3.0.1
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

KarolineDianne wrote:Heya so, I just downloaded the new version and tried to play but... For some reason absolutely no zombiemen are spawning.

Only the laser imps.

Huh... found the issue. Turn "More Actors" on. For some reason when it's turned off it's defaulting to Hell Razers instead of Zombiemen. I've committed a fix to the developer build, but I'll wait a day or two for more bugs to pop up before I push out a proper patch.
KarolineDianne wrote:And I get these errors in the startup console:

These are "normal", those are actor replacements for Consolation Prize.
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

including a couple of things that haven't been in any mods before this one!
Interesting, any specific examples? Also, would you consider making the fullscreen HUD more like this? Or maybe as a separate file? The current one just feels kinda in the way (Disregard my crappy image editing skills) Image
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

+9000 on hud change suggestion
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

KarolineDianne wrote:Heya so, I just downloaded the new version and tried to play but... For some reason absolutely no zombiemen are spawning.

Only the laser imps.

And I get these errors in the startup console:

Are you trying to load a save file in the consolation prize version of either D64 or PSX Doom?
You'll need ZDL, so you can have a load order of the files, because the order in which you load them matters a lot.
Retraux Squid

Post by Retraux Squid »

Some suggestions:

- Use the bluefire/burl tumd pistol sprites for Former Humans- it fits much better than the current rifle-toting sprites.
- Replace the Former Lieutenant with a machinegun-armed Z-SEC (sprites being available for these on Realm667 IIRC)- it again fits much, much better
- Add BD-style cosmetic tracers to hitscan weapons; they somewhat smooth the cognitive dissonance between instant hitscans and monster tracers.
- Remove the perfect accuracy of Former Humans' shots and Former Sergeants' center pellets.

For reference, here is my current personal install of v3; aside from the previous features, I've replaced the EMG with a Beretta, removed all zombies from infighting with one another, and otherwise done a few other minor changes.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”