MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gerardo194

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (Link Restored)

Post by Gerardo194 »

My brother @Erick194 (Erick in ZDoom forums) told me that the release of the Id mobile graphics have gotten to ZDoom forums. Glad to know this! This was a big effort of Erick to figure them out years ago. We are working on a mod of all these id mobile titles for GZDoom, it's amazing. You can check it out as well. Currently working on Master Edition Doom for the PlayStation.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Gerardo194 wrote:My brother @Erick194 (Erick in ZDoom forums) told me that the release of the Id mobile graphics have gotten to ZDoom forums. Glad to know this! This was a big effort of Erick to figure them out years ago. We are working on a mod of all these id mobile titles for GZDoom, it's amazing. You can check it out as well. Currently working on Master Edition Doom for the PlayStation.
Thanks to you and Erick for getting these out there! I've been enjoying finding suitable ways to integrate some of this stuff into this mod, and comparing sprites between Java and iOS versions... some odd changes there!
Gerardo194

Post by Gerardo194 »

You're welcome my friend, but Erick deserves it all, he is the responsible of this to happen. If he had chosen to give up, nothing of this great release would be here. But he never gave up. Erick has achieved great things.

We told about this here years ago when we were looking for help if someone could make a gameplay video of Wolfenstein RPG level "The Road" and nobody wanted to help because anyone didn't want to believe and even some thought that we even didn't know how to use computer just because we used to post actual photos instead of screenshots, our internet was that limited to a single phone back then. That's just the past, but now, you have the results. Finally released to the public by [GEC]

I'm also glad to know you are enjoying it so much. I'm looking forward to your mod using these stuff. That'd be great to see. :D
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

If you're making a trailer for this update of the mod, have you ever thought of basing it on the credits sequence of Doom 4, where it shows some shots of the enemies and action, with text of the people who contributed for the mod showing up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTbARnx-UX0
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

I'm not sure what to do for the trailer for this coming update, since the main focus has been less on new features and more polishing what's there to a fine metallic sheen.

I don't even know what music to use...
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

So, here's 3 things i discovered.

* The mobile nazi's make enemies and maybe even the player drop health when they're kicked.

* When that nazi kicks them, he makes them go to the side? Like he just kicked me from my right side rather than from my front.

* I tried summoning the figurines from the console and the Doom 64 one is invisible: you can pick it up but not see it.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:* The mobile nazi's make enemies and maybe even the player drop health when they're kicked.
Fixed.
whatup876 wrote:* When that nazi kicks them, he makes them go to the side? Like he just kicked me from my right side rather than from my front.
Fixed kicks and player punches snapping the player's view towards their aggressor.
whatup876 wrote:* I tried summoning the figurines from the console and the Doom 64 one is invisible: you can pick it up but not see it.
Fixed. I typoed the sprite filename like a goof.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Been a while since I did this...

Kinetic Mine Image

An experiment in automated defense mechanisms, the Kinetic Mine attaches to whatever solid surface it hits using powerful steel claws before activating a 360-degree array of sensors to observe its surroundings. Once an enemy is detected within range, the mine arms a powerful explosive warhead before physically launching itself at the target, saving them the trouble of having to step on it.

The Kinetic Mine activates upon hitting a surface, and is extremely illegal on Earth, but as mankind has travelled into the stars, international treaties have yet to catch up...
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (Get Kinetic! p93)

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Bug Report, regarding Ultimate Doom/WADSmooshed Doom: When entering E2M9, "Fortress of Mystery", from the secret exit in E2M5, the game crashes hard back to the desktop (or Delta Touch launcher, in my case), with no error message, after hanging for at least a solid minute.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Bug Report, regarding Ultimate Doom/WADSmooshed Doom: When entering E2M9, "Fortress of Mystery", from the secret exit in E2M5, the game crashes hard back to the desktop (or Delta Touch launcher, in my case), with no error message, after hanging for at least a solid minute.
Fixed, thanks for the heads-up. Was a hee-larious typo that resulted in the fancy togglable replacements script entering an endless loop trying to replace pre-placed Cacodemon corpses with themselves.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Kinsie wrote:
ShockwaveS08 wrote:Bug Report, regarding Ultimate Doom/WADSmooshed Doom: When entering E2M9, "Fortress of Mystery", from the secret exit in E2M5, the game crashes hard back to the desktop (or Delta Touch launcher, in my case), with no error message, after hanging for at least a solid minute.
Fixed, thanks for the heads-up. Was a hee-larious typo that resulted in the fancy togglable replacements script entering an endless loop trying to replace pre-placed Cacodemon corpses with themselves.
Another one for the ol' Strangelog, huh? ;)
ShockwaveS08
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Bug Report 1: Some stability issues afoot; sometimes, when you land a heavy killing blow on an enemy, the game crashes to the desktop/Delta Touch launcher, with no error message.

Bug Report 2, regarding the Codex: When scrolling rapidly through entries in the codex, the game soft-crashes to the console with the following messages...

Code: Select all

VM Execution Aborted: Tried to read from Address Zero.
Called from MetaCodex_Menu. Ticker at metadoom-dev.pk3:zscript/codex/metacodex_menu.zsc, line 515
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Another thing: no matter how many of an inventory item you have, the inventory claims you have 0 of that item.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

AvzinElkein wrote:Another thing: no matter how many of an inventory item you have, the inventory claims you have 0 of that item.
Don't use the GZDoom Alternate HUD.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Kinsie wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:Another thing: no matter how many of an inventory item you have, the inventory claims you have 0 of that item.
Don't use the GZDoom Alternate HUD.
...actually, the alternate HUD was off.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”