MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
whatup876

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (Link Restored)

Post by whatup876 »

I'm not sure if you thought of fixing it, but i was apparently killed by my own Tesla rocket at some point and it even said "player was shocked by player's tesla rocket".
So, the Tesla rocket accidently killing its user is still there.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:I'm not sure if you thought of fixing it, but i was apparently killed by my own Tesla rocket at some point and it even said "player was shocked by player's tesla rocket".
So, the Tesla rocket accidently killing its user is still there.
Okay, I've finally been able to reproduce this. Looks like it occurs if you get between a Tesla Rocket and its target and get zapped by the beam. The revised BFG code doesn't seem to have this issue, so a fix should present itself as a result. Thanks!

EDIT: A fix has been committed.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

the unmaker's first altfire charge makes the sprite shake too much, showing the edge of the sprite. idk if the best way to fix this is to extend the unmaker's sprite or reduce how much it shakes.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20180701_134953.png
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

I'm pretty sure this is only visible with the normal HUD disabled (so fullscreen or HUD off) and even then only for a frame or so. Not the most pressing of issues, so I might not get around to fixing it, but tinier changes have happened. Thanks for the reminder!
austen1000

Post by austen1000 »

Did Doom VFR add anything worthwhile, or anything new at all?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

austen1000 wrote:Did Doom VFR add anything worthwhile, or anything new at all?
It recycled some multiplayer character parts into the Combat Chassis (which we've adapted into a HUD face for the "other" gender option) but aside from that pretty much everything else seems to be recycled from Doom 2016.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I''ve just had an idea for an enemy. It's sort of a combination of RoE's Bio-Suit Zombie and D4's Possessed Engineer, so it looks like the Hazmat Zombie from Realm667, only covered in slime from an explosive barrel, so the safest way to kill it from up close would be with the axe. I also had one of many ideas held back by a lack of sprites, a gargoyle enemy based on the ones that are just decorations in D64 but also the moving ones in D3 that kind of welcome you to Hell. It'd attack by shooting D64's darts from its mouth.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

SiFi270 wrote:I''ve just had an idea for an enemy. It's sort of a combination of RoE's Bio-Suit Zombie and D4's Possessed Engineer, so it looks like the Hazmat Zombie from Realm667, only covered in slime from an explosive barrel, so the safest way to kill it from up close would be with the axe.
I've wanted to adapt the Possessed Engineer into something, but figuring out something for it to replace that wouldn't
a.) screw up gameplay for players who don't have a specific weapon that's not guaranteed to spawn
or
b.) screw up level design that's reliant on barrels not running around chasing people
is a surprisingly difficult proposition. So I've shelved it since it's more likely to have a negative effect on gameplay than a positive one.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

The powerup timers are now fancy and ZScriptified and automatically centered and generally less of a mess than previous. MEGAPROPS to DrPySpy and TheZombieKiller for figuring out all the hard stuff!
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

I've made a massive change to MetaDoom's development builds and would greatly appreciate assistance in debugging it.

To cut a long story short, Optional Content can now be toggled from within the game instead of having to load a seperate PK3! This should make loading the mod a lot easier, since you can just drag a PK3 onto gzdoom.exe and not have to worry about load order. This tech is also applied to the Doom 64 Consolation Prize replacements, so there's less ugly load errors during startup when not playing Doom 64 as a bonus!

Big thanks to Matt for the code that set me on this path, and a semi-coherent DrPySpy for helping me figure out what was broken.
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Panzermann11 »

Are you gonna make a new update for this mod, since Bethesda released the Doom Eternal trailer?

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oVwrpfo_QA
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Finder153 wrote:Are you gonna make a new update for this mod, since Bethesda released the Doom Eternal trailer?
It'd be more pertinent to ask when we've been shown any actual gameplay of the thing. There's not much to add yet because nobody has any idea what it has to offer.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

A new update is in the works, yes. I'm going to resist incorporating Doom Eternal content into it until it's closer to release and we have more of an idea what's actually in it and what things look like.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Meanwhile, every single sprite and texture for all the id Mobile games (Doom RPG, Doom II RPG) has been released. That includes other titles such as both Orcs & Elves titles (including the Nintendo DS port of the first game) and WolfRPG.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:Meanwhile, every single sprite and texture for all the id Mobile games (Doom RPG, Doom II RPG) has been released. That includes other titles such as both Orcs & Elves titles (including the Nintendo DS port of the first game) and WolfRPG.
Been on top of this since it was released. Having a lot of fun with this stuff...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”