MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Denkezal

Re: MetaDoom v666 "Titan" (UPDATED!! p115)

Post by Denkezal »

I would love to work with you on this project
feel free to search my name (denkezal) to see my stuff.
email me at denkezal@hotmail.com
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

random quibble:

Have a pop-up toast at 100% map completion and not before.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Well, the game is out for a week, so i guess it's okay to talk about Eternal now.
Looking at dumb ideas:
* if you like the microwave beam from the plasma rifle, that could result in replacing the lightning gun's alt fire, which would be represented by a new inventory item, the ice bomb. it would still stun enemies but without that electric spark that keeps going for a while.
* the Buff Totems could work as a mod-based-level-only object, that could make enemies go into nightmare mode.
* time based encounters (gore nests) could work for some secret fights and much like Buff Totems, they would be for levels made for the mod.
* Eternal has a lot of level design mechanics and features and even its take on Hell on Earth could lead to some ideas.
Spoiler:
slyrboi

Post by slyrboi »

Now you gotta add Eternal to this roster
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I can't speak for Kinsie, but I feel like the whole reason he's working on Reelism 2 right now is so the hype can settle down and he can more carefully consider what to incorporate and how. But that's just a guess. And, of course, it means more time for people to work on sprites like the centered weapons Shivers is working on, and figure such intricacies as how things behave and how to go about ripping things like sounds and UI.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

I'm working on something else at the moment because I need a bit of a break. I will return to MetaDoom, though. Part of it is waiting for audio extraction to become less horrible...
Itschristian

Post by Itschristian »

Played the mod once. It is pretty good. But,uhhh, i had to play it in Software mode on GZDoom 4.3.3,thanks to my phone that didnt use OpenGL 3.2,lul. Wish this mod can be played on LZDoom,since software mode on 4.3.3 view are confusing. :D
conradthebee

Post by conradthebee »

when I attempt to play metadoom it crashes I'm using macOS Catalina and newest version of gzdoom can somebody please help
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Itschristian wrote:Played the mod once. It is pretty good. But,uhhh, i had to play it in Software mode on GZDoom 4.3.3,thanks to my phone that didnt use OpenGL 3.2,lul. Wish this mod can be played on LZDoom,since software mode on 4.3.3 view are confusing. :D
I don't have an Android device so I can't really take into account pretty much anything other than the official GZDoom builds for the sake of my own sanity. Sorry!
conradthebee wrote:when I attempt to play metadoom it crashes I'm using macOS Catalina and newest version of gzdoom can somebody please help
Please post the error message so I can tell whether this is my fault or someone else's. I can't really do much without more info, sorry.
Itschristian

Post by Itschristian »

I could tho remove the new font,so it will use normal doom font,since theres an error about the font in GZDoom,to make it work. Thats my theory i guess.

Edit: Ah,stupid me,i didnt think about latest LZDoom. :oops:
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Hi there! It's been a while.

I didn't want to work further on this until I beat Doom Eternal, which took a little longer than planned after I messed around with the console unlocker and corrupted my save halfway through the campaign. Derp. Then around the time I did finish it, some other stuff came up that I'm still beavering my way through, but I can do other stuff now without feeling too guilty about it.

I'm currently fiddling around with some fixes and experiments, including a possible Meathook implementation. If you have any suggestions, or just want to see something specific from Doom Eternal (not everything's making the jump, of course) let me know!
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I think an Eternal-style mini missile attachment would look better on the machine gun. That's all that comes to mind at the moment.
Faceman2000

Post by Faceman2000 »

Oh man, a classic meathook makes my mouth water. As far as enemy functionality goes. . . Someone spawning destructible walls like the Carcass does would be fun, as would an enemy that teleports behind you and melees you like the Prowlers. I know the Imp Lord already teleports, but he does it more as an evasive maneuver than an attack.

Doom Hunter and the Marauder could be fun new bosses as part of that boss scripting system you’re doing.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

I have Capital-P Plans for the Marauder that'll probably be its own CVar so people don't have to worry about him ruining their fun unless they're feeling up to it.
Faceman2000

Post by Faceman2000 »

Kinsie wrote:I have Capital-P Plans for the Marauder that'll probably be its own CVar so people don't have to worry about him ruining their fun unless they're feeling up to it.
Awesome. I know a lot of people hate the Marauder but I’ve really grown to love him as an enemy and am very interested to see how he’ll function. Great news!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”