MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WIP] MetaDoom - Thank You For The Demon (Coming Soon!)

Post by Captain J »

rabid marine wrote:DAMMIT I JUST REALIZED THE PUN

SAWCUBUS

SUCCUBUS
SUCKUBUS.

Btw, you can edit your post for edit and additional words, you know!
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Captain J wrote:
Been doing that for ages. and by that i mean since yesterday, when i joined
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

rabid marine wrote:
Captain J wrote:
Been doing that for ages. and by that i mean today
I notice you're posting a number of replies in a row. Would appreciate it if you'd use the Edit button instead for that.

[edit] Also I apparently responded WHILE you were editing.
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

wildweasel wrote:
rabid marine wrote:
Captain J wrote:
Been doing that for ages. and by that i mean today
I notice you're posting a number of replies in a row. Would appreciate it if you'd use the Edit button instead for that.

[edit] Also I apparently responded WHILE you were editing.
sorry I'll do better
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:if the holy water pistol does not give enemies giant googly eyes, i'm going to be infinitely disappointed.
It's on the list, but a bit low-priority. Until then, you get comedy sweat particles.
rabid marine wrote:What can we expect from the gore system, if there is one? Ludicrous gibs? Flying corpses? Sliding corpses? Slashing? slaying? Frying? Flaying? ludicrous gibs. ludicrous gibs. (repeats)
Here's an old video of it in action. Since that was recorded I've adjusted the offsets to fix them being sunk into the floor. I haven't added any actor-specific gibs yet, though. I want to, mind, it'd make certain enemy demises like the Pinky a whole lot more natural looking.
rabid marine wrote:Will some of the stuff from metadoom appear in reelism 4.0 when it releases, and will something from reelism appear in metadoom as an easter egg? if you add metadoom content in reelism, can you make two reels titled "metadoomer" which is the weapons and "metadoomed" which is the monsters.
Reelism isn't currently on my radar, sorry. An update will happen in the future, but don't expect new reels.
rabid marine wrote:also,

this thing looks like some sort of anamatronic from some FNAF clone. Jesus Christ.
The J2ME version looks a lot Doom-ier.

I'm not looking forward to hacking together my own sprites of this bozo...
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Kinsie wrote:
rabid marine wrote:What can we expect from the gore system, if there is one? Ludicrous gibs? Flying corpses? Sliding corpses? Slashing? slaying? Frying? Flaying? ludicrous gibs. ludicrous gibs. (repeats)
Here's an old video of it in action. Since that was recorded I've adjusted the offsets to fix them being sunk into the floor. I haven't added any actor-specific gibs yet, though. I want to, mind, it'd make certain enemy demises like the Pinky a whole lot more natural looking.
I've saw that video and i hope so. More specific gibs to different enemies would make the them gibs more obviously naturally. Since few mods did that before, but with low quality or less-specific.

Also randomized or permanent ludicrous gibs are still usable!
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Honestly, that Sawcubus just looks like an Imp with a chainsaw, so maybe the Imp could be reworked into such.
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Honestly, that Sawcubus just looks like an Imp with a chainsaw, so maybe the Imp could be reworked into such.

Not feeling like getting an impsaw. I don't want something that looks, feels, and smells like an imp when the thing it was based on isn't an imp. I would like something closer to it's source material.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

I don't see how that's very relevant when the very thing you're talking about is based on the imp.

( hint: the J2ME version came first; the other one is basically a HD rerelease ... and the sawcubus is still blatantly based on the imp anyway )
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Arctangent wrote:I don't see how that's very relevant when the very thing you're talking about is based on the imp.

( hint: the J2ME version came first; the other one is basically a HD rerelease ... and the sawcubus is still blatantly based on the imp anyway )
Fuck me I'm stupid brb killing myself

EDIT: In the afterlife. The sawcubus may be based on the imp, but it's more than just an imp with a chainsaw.

EDIT EDIT: someone said that "it does look like an imp with a chainsaw" too stupid for the afterlife, brb going to hell

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Satan said I'm too stupid to go to hell, and sent me back to the mortal realm.

now that i'm back, i have some questions about the mod.

QUESTION: How are enemy sprites going to be handled? Will we get heavily-altered versions of the originals? Will we get slightly-altered versions of Realm667 variants? (ie. Using scaliando's scientists as the civilian zombies and the possessed from doom rpg and doom 4 respectively) Or will you directly pixelize the source material? (good luck with doom 3 and 4) Or will you do it all from scratch?

ANOTHER QUESTION: Will nano-drinks be implemented? how will they be played out?

YET ANOTHER QUESTION: Will the virtual icon of sin return as a boss that takes you to a special map? will he/she/it return at all?

YES, ANOTHER DAMN QUESTION: is there anything that happens if the player beats the game on ultra nightmare? Answer this question with yes or no, as any hints or giveaways would ruin the suprise :)

actually lemmie guess the prize, my calcuations say that the prize is... ANOTHER QUESTION: will multiplayer weapons have their chance to shine in this mod?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

rabid marine wrote:How are enemy sprites going to be handled? Will we get heavily-altered versions of the originals? Will we get slightly-altered versions of Realm667 variants? (ie. Using scaliando's scientists as the civilian zombies and the possessed from doom rpg and doom 4 respectively) Or will you directly pixelize the source material? (good luck with doom 3 and 4) Or will you do it all from scratch?
I haven't fully started upon enemies yet, but based on my current R&D the current answer is "all of the above".

rabid marine wrote:ANOTHER QUESTION: Will nano-drinks be implemented? how will they be played out?
Powerups are currently a big old question mark.
rabid marine wrote:YET ANOTHER QUESTION: Will the virtual icon of sin return as a boss that takes you to a special map? will he/she/it return at all?
Probably not. It'd be nice to have the BossBrain fire one out as a "miniboss" that renders the BossBrain vulnerable upon death, but there's so many different variations of that one fight for so many different purposes that I don't want to inadvertantly break a death-exit or whatever.
rabid marine wrote:YES, ANOTHER DAMN QUESTION: is there anything that happens if the player beats the game on ultra nightmare? Answer this question with yes or no, as any hints or giveaways would ruin the suprise :)
You get the warm glow of satisfaction that only comes from having Ironmanned the fuck out of UV+Fast.
rabid marine wrote:ANOTHER QUESTION: will multiplayer weapons have their chance to shine in this mod?
If you mean the MP-only guns from Doom 4, yes. They are on my list and I've already done some decent screenshot rips using a hastily-made greenscreen Snapmap to edit into something more sprite friendly.

Now, with that said, I've been able to procure some additional intelligence on your arsenal. It is as follows...
Chainsaw Image
After an unfortunate shipping mix-up led to a shipping container of Chainsaws being sent to the Mars base instead of the requested Jackhammers, this humble lumber implement became a weapon of choice for criminals, sociopaths and other chemically-imbalanced individuals on UAC bases (where it is, of course, extremely illegal) all across the colonized universe. As it turns out, it's good for cutting down more than just trees...

Primary fire sticks the sharp end out so that you can run around with gleeful abandon, fencing with the undead. Alternate fire (and the melee key) provides a slower, but more powerful variant of your melee attack, delivering a single powerful slice that can level weaker crowds, but will leave you vulnerable for a second or so afterwards.

Holy Water Pistol Image
UAC research has turned up a number of sacred relics, believed to have been left over from some great battle between an unknown, seemingly supernatural cause and the demons many milennia ago, that still hold a not inconsiderable amount of power. Why some researcher decided to shove one into a children's toy is currently unknown, but the end results are surprisingly impressive.

The pistol turns any liquids placed inside of it into Holy Water, which has a dramatic effect on many low-ranking demons, scorching and terrifying them. You can refill the device in many fluid sources you may find throughout your journey, up to and including radioactive waste (we do not recommend this course of action, but if you do decide upon it, at least make sure you wear gloves). Alternate fire drinks some of the contents of the weapon, both restoring your health and eliminating your bad breath.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

About the holy water pistol, i hope it shoots... Well, literal holy water. That should make a cool 'n holy summertime with the demons! :P
Gez

Post by Gez »

Kinsie wrote:OKAY BUT WHAT IF THERE WERE 500 WEAPONS AND YOU HAD TO PRESS SEVEN KEYS IN THE MIDDLE OF A FRANTIC GUNFIGHT TO CHANGE THEM AND ALSO THE MOD WAS CALLED AEONS OF DEATH AND AND AND AND
Shotgémon: gotta catch 'em all! Collect up to 151 different shotgun types from various vidyagaems, and make them battle against the weapmons of Team Rocketlauncher!
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Gez wrote:
Kinsie wrote:OKAY BUT WHAT IF THERE WERE 500 WEAPONS AND YOU HAD TO PRESS SEVEN KEYS IN THE MIDDLE OF A FRANTIC GUNFIGHT TO CHANGE THEM AND ALSO THE MOD WAS CALLED AEONS OF DEATH AND AND AND AND
Shotgémon: gotta catch 'em all! Collect up to 151 different shotgun types from various vidyagaems, and make them battle against the weapmons of Team Rocketlauncher!
This days there are "714".

NO RECORD AEONS OF DEATH ASN'T ALREADY BEATEN

Return to “Gameplay Mods”