MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
whatup876

Re: MetaDoom v5.0 "Klave" (Get Artifactual! p96)

Post by whatup876 »

The idea of the score system is just to bring back a cut feature from early Doom builds, which seems to come from Wolfenstein 3D, so whether or not it's usefull doesn't have to matter.

The RL does have an alt fire, which is detonating rockets in mid air, as in, that one weapon mod in Doom 4 nobody used.
snarkel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by snarkel »

Small bug report: The Revenant in the Codex is bugged. It looks like anything that isn't the armor is just completely transparent or something. I tested in both Klave and git builds.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

snarkel wrote:Small bug report: The Revenant in the Codex is bugged. It looks like anything that isn't the armor is just completely transparent or something. I tested in both Klave and git builds.
I'm not seeing this, sorry:

Some more info (screenshot of what you're seeing, what renderer you're using etc.) is needed.
RedoLane

Post by RedoLane »

whatup876 wrote:The idea of the score system is just to bring back a cut feature from early Doom builds, which seems to come from Wolfenstein 3D, so whether or not it's usefull doesn't have to matter.

The RL does have an alt fire, which is detonating rockets in mid air, as in, that one weapon mod in Doom 4 nobody used.
It matters to me, because earning score without a goal makes it lose its purpose.
Getting the highest score? This could make sense if there were online leaderboards, but we all know that won't happen.
As a completion goal? There's already a Codex for that.
For the satisfaction? it should be enough for a single playthrough, which is why I think it doesn't have replay value.
Wolfenstein 3D had a High Score screen which records your highest score in each playthrough, but as far as I know, GZDoom and Zandronum don't support that sort of thing yet.

Therefore, this score system needs a serious improvement for the sake of replay value.
snarkel

Post by snarkel »

Kinsie wrote:
snarkel wrote:Small bug report: The Revenant in the Codex is bugged. It looks like anything that isn't the armor is just completely transparent or something. I tested in both Klave and git builds.
I'm not seeing this, sorry:

Some more info (screenshot of what you're seeing, what renderer you're using etc.) is needed.
https://imgur.com/a/7k1wwr0
One thing I forgot to test on my own was if it was some sort of bug with something in my autoloads and it turns out that's the case. Which is odd...If you want, I can send you what I had in my autoloads.
epiccolton26
Location: The depths of space, destroying entire solar systems

Post by epiccolton26 »

(Extremely) Minor thing to report: I find that when your score count starts getting to higher amounts like say, past 100,000, it takes a much longer time to get to your current score. I messed around with the variables for the score interpolator and found that the best way to get past that issue is to set the fourth variable to a high number like 2147483647 (It freaks out if it's set to 2147483648 for obvious reasons). I've tested it multiple times and found it works all of the time, at least on my end. This would be nice to have, but it's not exactly something that needs to be implemented right now.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the Behemoth's flamethrower attack can massively tank the framerate for me if enough of them are being done. two or three of those attacking over large distances is usually enough to make it drop.

Berserked quick melee attack seems to damage barrels, but the regular Berserked melee attacks do not.

the Grenade Launcher, in its current state, feels a bit underpowered. the regular grenades are weaker than rockets, which makes them a bit pointless to use in comparison to rockets, and the gas grenade alt-fire, while decently powerful, is a bit too costly at 3 rockets per launch, as the damage isn't really worth the amount of ammo spent. if the grenades dealt the same damage as the rockets do, and the gas grenade was either made more powerful, or cost less ammo to use, then it would be a bit better, i think.

otherwise, i'm having a lot of fun playing this again. the new features are fun to play around with, and the framerate for me seems to be much better when it comes to the blood being spawned, too.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the Behemoth's flamethrower attack can massively tank the framerate for me if enough of them are being done. two or three of those attacking over large distances is usually enough to make it drop.
I've reworked the attack a bit to create roughly half the GL lights. We'll see if that helps?
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:Berserked quick melee attack seems to damage barrels, but the regular Berserked melee attacks do not.
The Berserk quick-melee uses a different damage type that knocks enemies back WAY harder. That'd be the cause. I could make the normal Berserk punches also use this damage type, but this would likely result in having to chase larger enemies across the room after you punch them clear across the map. What say you?
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the Grenade Launcher, in its current state, feels a bit underpowered. the regular grenades are weaker than rockets, which makes them a bit pointless to use in comparison to rockets, and the gas grenade alt-fire, while decently powerful, is a bit too costly at 3 rockets per launch, as the damage isn't really worth the amount of ammo spent. if the grenades dealt the same damage as the rockets do, and the gas grenade was either made more powerful, or cost less ammo to use, then it would be a bit better, i think.
I've readded the impact damage to the Grenade (so it does the same damage as the rocket on impact). I'm not entirely convinced the gas is "weak" as in a quick test I was able to melt 400+hp off a Behemoth with a single gas bomb, but I've subtly increased it's radius and we'll see how that shakes out.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

that should probably help. the gas grenades aren't weak per se, but it can be hard to land a decent hit with it, and if you flunk it, that's a lot of rockets wasted.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

MetaDoom v5.1 is now available.

Changelog wrote:This update addresses some issues that popped up in the wake of v5's release. Thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports and feedback!

Monster Changes:
  • The custom monsters in "Doom 64 for Doom 2" are now properly replaced with their MetaDoom equivalents. Except for the Motherdemon... for now.
  • Forgotten Ones are now more interesting: They don't collide with each other and have even less health than before, so they're swarm-ier.
  • The Behemoth's flamethrower now creates half the GL lights, hopefully boosting performance on computers made out of cardboard.
  • Beholder no longer visually flickers when scared by Holy Water.
  • Disabled infighting between Cacodemon variants.
Weapon Changes:
  • The Grenade Launcher grenades now do the same damage on impact as Rockets.
  • Subtly increased radius of Grenade Launcher's gas bomb.
  • Fixed Kinetic Mines getting pushed around by Rocket explosions.
Other Changes:
  • Fixed an issue where Z-Sec wouldn't reward their Codex page when Potential Map-Breakers was disabled.
  • The score in the HUD interpolates much faster.
  • Minor Codex text tweaks and fixes.
Zenon

Re: MetaDoom v5.1 "Klave" (Artipatch! p98)

Post by Zenon »

Loving those codex entries! 👍
Faceman2000

Post by Faceman2000 »

Hey, I don't know if you're still looking for further enemy sprites or have any need for a Doom 3 Bruiser, but as a HUGE fan of this mod I wanted to share this with you in case you wanted it. I made this a while back using Eriance's Cybruiser, an alternate death from Finished, and a sprite of the television I found on here years ago but can no longer locate. I would have just messaged this to you but I'm new enough here that I can't direct message yet. Anyway, here you go!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JGOVQ ... 7kkcGojNZO
Last edited by Faceman2000 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Faceman2000 wrote:Hey, I don't know if you're still looking for further enemy sprites or have any need for a Doom 3 Bruiser, but as a HUGE fan of this mod I wanted to share this with you in case you wanted it. I made this a while back using Eriance's Cybruiser, an alternate death from Finished, and a sprite of the television I found on here years ago but can no longer locate. I would have just messaged this to you but I'm new enough here that I can't direct message yet. Anyway, here you go!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JGOVQM ... sp=sharing
Your link is broken.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I suspect he copy-pasted the link as text from the other post he made in the Reincarnation of Evil thread, instead of copying the actual link. I'd guess at it being this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JGOVQM ... sp=sharing
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Aha. I see. That's pretty neat!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”