MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: MetaDoom v3.1 "Samuel" (p68)

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:I thought his moves could be another problem because he could play too much the same as the mancubus unless he another other moves or something else.
Gameplay design doesn't have to be the 1:1 same as the original character as long as influence is taken and tribute paid. The original Bruiser was a blend between Barons and Mancubi, so, to give an example, he could take a Baron-style jump attack alongside a projectile attack similar to the Manc's, but with a different pattern to mix things up.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Kinsie wrote:
whatup876 wrote:I thought his moves could be another problem because he could play too much the same as the mancubus unless he another other moves or something else.
Gameplay design doesn't have to be the 1:1 same as the original character as long as influence is taken and tribute paid. The original Bruiser was a blend between Barons and Mancubi, so, to give an example, he could take a Baron-style jump attack alongside a projectile attack similar to the Manc's, but with a different pattern to mix things up.
So, all that is missing is sprites, then
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Donation is highly required. If anyone wants to make sprites of them, let kins know. I'd like to help but i can't get the base of it.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Maybe if a future bruiser enemy were to come out, he could use the lunge attack combined with the Mancubus's crowd control attack from the new Doom. When you got to close to them, they'd aim their cannons at the ground to knock you back a bit.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

what if someone were to rip some models, put them on something like Gmod or Source Filmmaker and take pictures of them to make the monsters or would that be a really bad idea?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Just wondering... does MetaDoom come with all the Doom 2016 weapon sounds? I know some of the weapons don't use them, but I'm just wondering if it comes with all of those sounds anyway...

(If not, would you be able to make a .pk3 containing all of those sounds? :D )
fadedrobin

Post by fadedrobin »

Kinsie wrote: Reverse-Engineering The Mobile Games: These contain unique and fascinating assets (especially Doom 2 RPG), but frankly screenshot rips won't really cut it. There is one project that's gotten into the file formats, but it's unreleased and won't include any documentation, so who knows when we'll see the fruits of that...
Which assets do you need?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

fadedrobin wrote:
Kinsie wrote: Reverse-Engineering The Mobile Games: These contain unique and fascinating assets (especially Doom 2 RPG), but frankly screenshot rips won't really cut it. There is one project that's gotten into the file formats, but it's unreleased and won't include any documentation, so who knows when we'll see the fruits of that...
Which assets do you need?
Actor sprites (particularly for enemies that are new to the series, like the Sawcubus) and environmental props like corpses and lamps are the big ones. Preferably from the J2ME/BREW versions, since they're closest in resolution to the rest of the Doom 2 art.

ImageImage

Of course, I'd have to hack together additional angles beyond the front and back, but just having a base to work with without having to meddle with screenshot rips would get past the biggest barriers.

If you or someone you know is capable of digging this stuff out, I'd be super thankful!
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

So i tried using google images and found this

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/ ... -doom-3/3/

https://unreal.shaungoeppinger.com/doom ... r-pack-v3/

Not sure if this helpful to help anyone who wants to make sprites for new enemies, i didn't even bother to check the other pages in the link, so sorry ops
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:So i tried using google images and found this

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/ ... -doom-3/3/

https://unreal.shaungoeppinger.com/doom ... r-pack-v3/

Not sure if this helpful to help anyone who wants to make sprites for new enemies, i didn't even bother to check the other pages in the link, so sorry ops
The first link seems like a good start at first, but a lot of the characters are squashed around to fit the original Doom sprites' proportions, and they're often from repainted models.

The other link is a set of model ports to Unreal Tournament 2k4. I have a similar, but less complete model rip set for the Source Engine.

Thanks for linking anyway, mind! Gives me a few ideas...
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

i had some monster related ideas for metadoom

* pinkies from D4 would have an animation/sprite where they cover their faces with their arms, so the player can't shoot them but the punch can still affect them i think sand the shield post doesn't last too long
* lost souls from d4 would indicate their self destruction by changing their flame colors just like in the actual game
* that two headed thing from D3 would be a variant for pinky and had their attack to be something like the D3 chaingunner/D4 caco's attack where they used their tongue
* the mother demon from D64 where you could shoot down its homing rockets? i don't know it hat would even work
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

also, when pressing 7, the BFG doesn't show up first, was this intended?
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

i'm starting to think there's something wrong with the icon of sin where the weak spot doesn't work, i kept shooting it but it doesn't do anything, does this happen to you?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nothing unfair happens to me. Icon of Sin just dies after launching few rockets and grenades to its brain, since only explosive weapons works to kill it.
whatup876 wrote:also, when pressing 7, the BFG doesn't show up first, was this intended?
To me, BFG just shows up with animation just fine. Have you spent all of BFG ammo or gotten another slot 7 weapons before?

Well, maybe i'm precisely missing the point. So can you please elaborate more?
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Captain J wrote:Nothing unfair happens to me. Icon of Sin just dies after launching few rockets and grenades to its brain, since only explosive weapons works to kill it.
whatup876 wrote:also, when pressing 7, the BFG doesn't show up first, was this intended?
To me, BFG just shows up with animation just fine. Have you spent all of BFG ammo or gotten another slot 7 weapons before?

Well, maybe i'm precisely missing the point. So can you please elaborate more?
When i have all weapons (specially slot 7), the soul cube appears first, unmaker second and BFG third, like this was the order for the slot

Return to “Gameplay Mods”