MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: MetaDoom v3.64 "Samuel" (p71)

Post by Kinsie »

Oh yeah, I updated Consolation Prize as well. You'll need that to get the enhanced compatibility. Probably should've mentioned that.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Axes are supposed to harmlessly destroy barrels, right? Because that doesn't seem to be the case in 64, at least for the first map where I presume they're replaced with special barrels in order to trigger the exit to Hectic.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

SiFi270 wrote:Axes are supposed to harmlessly destroy barrels, right? Because that doesn't seem to be the case in 64, at least for the first map where I presume they're replaced with special barrels in order to trigger the exit to Hectic.
This is a bug in Consolation Prize which I just fixed. Thanks!
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

The barrels still don't like behaving, they seem to be immune to berserk punches.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

isaacpop23 wrote:The barrels still don't like behaving, they seem to be immune to berserk punches.
The normal Berserk punches seem to use the wrong damagetype. In the mean time, use the offhand melee.

Not that punching barrels is a good idea, mind. Use your pistol! It has unlimited ammo!
-Ghost-

Re: MetaDoom v3.1 "Samuel" (Help Wanted! p70)

Post by -Ghost- »

isaacpop23 wrote:I'd say less "shouting into the void" and more "perfectly satisfying the void". You're executing everything so well that there's little need to suggest things, the balance is great and I assume that you have enough ideas to keep you busy for awhile. Plus I'd figure it'd be annoying on both sides if people were to just leave repetitive on how amazing the mod is every time you post an update.

But in any case, this is my favorite gameplay mod so far, so I'm glad that you're continuing development, what ever your reasons may be. I'll be attentively awaiting the update!
Yeah, I'd say low amount of feedbback is more from this. The mod's slick and polished and works well with no obvious, glaring problems, so for the average Doomer it's great as is. There might be some problems with the code or something, but I lack the skillset to identify most of that unless it's really obvious, so it's not something I can really provide input on.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Pretty much my only real grievance with the mod is an extremely subjective one: I feel like the machine gun is too slow and the chaingun is too fast. But I understand the machine gun is more closely patterned after Doom 2016's heavy assault rifle, and the chaingun....I'm not sure about the chaingun honestly, but it certainly is a way to eat up all your bullets in a big hurry! So as much as I'd like to see that tweaked, I understand that doing so messes with what makes them so different in the first place.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

wildweasel wrote:Pretty much my only real grievance with the mod is an extremely subjective one: I feel like the machine gun is too slow and the chaingun is too fast. But I understand the machine gun is more closely patterned after Doom 2016's heavy assault rifle, and the chaingun....I'm not sure about the chaingun honestly, but it certainly is a way to eat up all your bullets in a big hurry! So as much as I'd like to see that tweaked, I understand that doing so messes with what makes them so different in the first place.
Seconded. The chaingun's primary fire is already too fast enough to make its secondary fire mode pointless. I would have preferred if it was in between the MG and mobile turret in terms of fire rate (around 900 RPM) so that you could still throw more lead downrange and yet make those 400 bullets last a little longer.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Would it be a good idea if someone were to use the unlockable models part from Doom 4 to make D4 sprites?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9jUpjyH3bQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=933y1VMmE9o
Kinsie

Re: MetaDoom v3.666 "Samuel" (p72)

Post by Kinsie »

v3.666 "Samuel" (~23mb)
On Github: Source Repo | Pre-Release Test Builds
v3.666 "Samuel" (08/04/17)
==========================
Some final changes and additions before I set off to work on v4...

New Features:
- Added a "Pistol Uses Ammo" CVAR! (meta_pistolammo) This makes the Pistol use Clip bullets like in vanilla Doom, and will give you 50 bullets at the start of the first map.

Weapon Changes:
- Soulcube now requires 10 souls instead of 5
- Adjusted Chaingun turret ammo usage
- Buffed the BFG's altfire by an impressive amount

Miscellaneous:
- Menu sub-headers in MetaDoom Options menu are now gold instead of red
- Moved new keybinding strings to LANGUAGE to sate my lust for localization
- Lost Soul-family monsters no longer spawn fire when time is frozen
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

I was looking at some old threads form this site and apparently, someone called "przndoom" were doing some Bruiser sprites

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15631&start=1305

Not sure if he's still working on it, but apparently this all came from a project called Reincarnation Of Evil, which seems to have started a long time ago.

Edit: looking through the threads, there's also Sabaoth for example: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15631&start=825
Last edited by whatup876 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Oooh nice! Another MetaDoom update. :D
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Question: do you plan to make MetaDoom compatible with Doom 64: Retribution?
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Question: do you plan to make MetaDoom compatible with Doom 64: Retribution?
Use Kinsie's Consolation Prize version of the D64: Retribution maps:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=55298
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

The new D4T teaser just reminded me that D4 had another new power up which was regeneration, not sure if Kinsie has any plans for this (since Syphon Grenades may make it useless), but IF he does, i was wondering if it could be a variant for the soulsphere.

Edit: also, apparently, both Quad and Regen. are balls with skulls in them, so one could have a different design for variety.

April/14/17 Edit: If Regen ever gets added, i thought of its design to be the classic/original soulsphere but with a lighter shade of blue, to resemble the original power up, while still looking distinct from Quad, since that one would be a skull inside the sphere.

Yet another edit: Regen also brings armor as well, maybe it could be a bit closer to the megasphere.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”