MetaDoom v5.2 "Klave" (Artipatch! p101)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: MetaDoom v5.2 "Klave" (Artipatch! p101)

Postby ShockwaveS08 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:23 am

LOLANONIMUS wrote:Hey hi I wonder if there is combatibility with metedoom or can do combatibility for doom touch not the delta touch but if there is no can not do it?

I'm pretty sure that ZScript can't be done in GZDv1.8.6 and GZDv2.1pre. For Delta Touch, you'll need to run the "dev" build of GZDoom, which is currently v3.6.0_Legacy, IIRC.
ShockwaveS08

Discord: Shockwave_S08#0859

Postby Kinsie » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:52 pm

LOLANONIMUS wrote:Hey hi I wonder if there is combatibility with metedoom or can do combatibility for doom touch not the delta touch but if there is no can not do it?
Ain't happening.

EDIT: For actual elaboration - Doom Touch is several years old (and thus, several years out of date) by this point, on account of being superceded by Delta Touch. In addition, I can't claim any support for Android-based ports because I don't have any Android devices and as such can't test on them. Sorry, but them's the brakes.
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby LOLANONIMUS » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Hey tanks very tanks
LOLANONIMUS

Discord: #0589
Twitch ID: Luisg700

Postby dbj87jb » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:32 am

Downloaded the latest version. This is the best Doom Mod out there!

One issue I've noticed however even with the most recent version of GZDoom, is that it crashes whenever I've got a Hell Hound (or similar Dog) attached & try to use it's melee attack, it has no issues with secondary fire (just throw the enemy & it explodes).
dbj87jb

Postby wildweasel » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 am

dbj87jb wrote:Downloaded the latest version. This is the best Doom Mod out there!

One issue I've noticed however even with the most recent version of GZDoom, is that it crashes whenever I've got a Hell Hound (or similar Dog) attached & try to use it's melee attack, it has no issues with secondary fire (just throw the enemy & it explodes).

What sort of crash? If it's a Very Fatal Error (with a crash log), post a bug in our Bugs forum. If it's a VM abort, what's the exact error?
wildweasel
「お前はもうトースト」[you are already toast.]
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Kinsie » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:43 pm

wildweasel wrote:
dbj87jb wrote:Downloaded the latest version. This is the best Doom Mod out there!

What sort of crash? If it's a Very Fatal Error (with a crash log), post a bug in our Bugs forum. If it's a VM abort, what's the exact error?
Figured out how to reproduce this.

I'll have a poke and see if it's my fault before i start hassling developers about it.

EDIT: Not my fault (I think), bug report filed. Thanks for the heads-up!
EDIT 2: Issue is marked as fixed, should work fine in the next GZDoom release.
Kinsie

Postby namsan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:02 am

I played new version of your mod, and I can safely say you made the Machinegun much more satisfying to use :D
I love it.
namsan
Loves English but hates Revenants

Discord: Namsan#8146

Postby Dxd » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:22 pm

Not sure what it is exactly, but enemies that shoot bullets, their projectiles only go straight foward, not up or down, so if an enemy above me were to shoot the bullet would go right over me. Anything you know that can fix it?
Dxd

Postby Kinsie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Dxd wrote:Not sure what it is exactly, but enemies that shoot bullets, their projectiles only go straight foward, not up or down, so if an enemy above me were to shoot the bullet would go right over me. Anything you know that can fix it?
A_CustomMissile is bugged in 3.7.2. It's fixed in the next engine release.

In the meantime, I've find/replaced most instances of A_CustomMissile to A_SpawnProjectile, which should fix the issue. Give the devbuild of the mod in the OP a spin and see how that goes.
Kinsie

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods