[WIP][Enhancer Mod] 64k + [1.1] updated 4/2021

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: [WIP][Enhancer Mod] 64k + [0.4]

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

At first, I failed to notice any difference about the new chaingun sprites, but then, I realised that was because I used the console command "give chaingun" to acquire the weapon early.

Anyway, I like the new chaingun model! However, I am not sure you have to refer to the original teleport effect as "Green Flash Thing"; how about just "Green Flash" or "Vanilla"?
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

That's a pretty good idea. I hadn't though about it, but I'll change it to something else for the next update
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

This is pretty awesome. I've been looking for a classic doom styled Unmaker with the demon keys.

I have a question. Will you also be making the demon key switches in classic doom style?
zrrion the insect

What demon key switches are you referring to?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Doom 64 one, maybe?
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

zrrion the insect wrote:What demon key switches are you referring to?
The switches used on the final level in doom 64 where there are three switches used to close the portals before the motherdemon spawns in the center of the map.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Weird visual issue: I am currently playing your mod with Master Levels for Doom II, specifically the level CANYON (hard to tell, because the custom HUD hides the map's title in the automap), and the flaming barrels are all... shaking? Like, they keep moving left and right, and I have never noticed anything like that with any other mod.
zrrion the insect

It might be a load order issue? I don't have the master levels, so I can't test that on my end. I'll also see if I can do anything about the map name being obscured.
@Mav3r1ck: these sound like a map thing, so I probably won't do them for this project.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I could try to see if I am experiencing the bug with other vanilla mapsets. Do you know of maps that feature flaming barrels? It would greatly speed things up for me.
Last edited by JohnnyTheWolf on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

Just curious, thought it would be kinda cool since the demon artifacts also double as keys.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Okay, I think I have resolved my issue. Like you said, it might have had something to do with a load order, as loading master.wad (the custom mapset containing all Master Levels) after your mod seems to have done the trick. Weird, as I never experienced such problem before despite the many mods I have been playing with.

Anyway, another visual issue I noticed is that the Cyberdemon always seems to drop a rotating rocket launcher, even though I have disabled item rotation.
zrrion the insect

That is weird. I'll look into that. It probably skips the call that checks for rotation when dropped, which should be an easy fix.
EDIT: I accidentally included a second spawn state, and that was breaking things. It has been fixed on my end and will be fixed in the next version as well.
zrrion the insect

I've been busy toiling away in the SBARINFO mines and will soon have a faster, radder, and more adequate alpha-style HUD.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

zrrion the insect wrote:I've been busy toiling away in the SBARINFO mines and will soon have a faster, radder, and more adequate alpha-style HUD.
Oooooh, I like, I like. Much approval for the hud!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Smooth and flawless, also looks friendly-akin to Alpha doom!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”