[WIP][Enhancer Mod] 64k + [1.1] updated 4/2021

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: [WIP][Enhancer Mod] 64k + [0.3.1]

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

To me, it really is not an important feature. :?
zrrion the insect

Re: Re: [WIP][Enhancer Mod] 64k + [0.3.1]

Post by zrrion the insect »

That sure is a helpful addition to the thread.
It is a feature that fits within the scope of the project, was not hard to implement, and does not change game-play so why not add it?
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Sorry.

Do you think you could make a screenshot or a GIF of the effects in question? Maybe that could help give us ideas of suggestions.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

zrrion the insect wrote:I'm currently working on a feature that lets the player select from a few different teleportfog variants in case they like them better/the teleportfog looks better in the level you're playing. I currently have the default doom one, archvile fire, and a blood-cloud thing. What other variants would people like to see in the mod?
Flickering lights. Just plain green, white or blue lights. I'd like to see that kind of telefog!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I noticed Doomguy only uses his right fist to punch when the Fists are selected. As for the impact sound, why not just use the default one?

Also, I see Lost Souls bleed when hit. Not sure it really makes sense, since they are basically flaming skulls: where is the blood coming from?
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Smoke puffs outwards, colored sparkles, short last red pulsing pentagram under the teleported object would make good teleport effects.
zrrion the insect

While working on the teleportfog feature I started messing with sprites for, well:

And we have a thing of beauty here. I've been wanting to add this for a while, and have had an idea of what I wanted to do for a while, but without the sprites I wasn't going anywhere with the idea. I have sprites now and so away we go. It functions pretty much the way it did in Doom64 Runes and all, and has a slight chance to spawn in instead of the BFG. If you have an unmaker already, there will be a chance for a rune you don't have to spawn in. I haven't tested it much so it is probably broken in some way but whatever. I am so relieved to finally be crossing this off of my to-do list.

Expect this, and the teleport stuff to make it into the next update whenever they are finished.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

That is a very nice looking Unmaker.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Zrrion made this recently. And yes, this unmaker is top of the hellish world.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

Well the metadoom one is called reaper lol
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

We are talking about the D64 one, in this mod here. Not Kinsie's.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

zrrion the insect wrote:While working on the teleportfog feature I started messing with sprites for, well:

And we have a thing of beauty here. I've been wanting to add this for a while, and have had an idea of what I wanted to do for a while, but without the sprites I wasn't going anywhere with the idea. I have sprites now and so away we go. It functions pretty much the way it did in Doom64 Runes and all, and has a slight chance to spawn in instead of the BFG. If you have an unmaker already, there will be a chance for a rune you don't have to spawn in. I haven't tested it much so it is probably broken in some way but whatever. I am so relieved to finally be crossing this off of my to-do list.

Expect this, and the teleport stuff to make it into the next update whenever they are finished.
Took inspiration from this texture from the press-release beta, I assume?
zrrion the insect

That very texture, yes!

I've been toying around with the mod for a while, and once I fix the last few errors (and add a few more teleport variants) I'll shove the next version out the door. The major thing in the next release will be the unmaker, but there will be some new sprites and some new behavioural changes as well.

A thing I might want to tackle after that is Doom's damage randomization. I'd like to make it a bit less random with a small chance for high damage, as opposed to equal chance for low, medium, and high damage. Idk how well this will go and it might fizzle out in the end but it is on the table ATM. Feedback/ideas/whatever going forward would be wonderful.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Would it be possible to adjust damage based on how centered your shot is? Around the middle would be a consistent 140+% damage and hitting the edge can go as low as 65% or something along those lines. The randomisation factor here would be the weapon accuracy instead since that will affect how centered your shots are. You could use shotguns to run up to enemies and do a devastating all pellets centered shot or do the same with other inaccurate weapons but if you fire haphazardly it might take considerably longer to kill bigger targets.
zrrion the insect

Re: [WIP][Enhancer Mod] 64k + [0.4]

0.4 is live!
  • Unmaker is in.
  • Teleport fog can be changed to one of a few varieties
  • misc tweaks under the hood
  • IIRC the SG and SSG have had some sprite changes
  • cool new chaingun sprites
That's all we really have this update. The unmaker is cool though, so grab yourself a copy of the mod and g unmake some demons.
Last edited by zrrion the insect on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”