[WIP][Enhancer Mod] 64k + [0.6]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP][Enhancer Mod] 64k + [0.6]

Postby Crudux Cruo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:41 pm

Good mod!
Crudux Cruo
"It's howdy doody time kiddies, the bad man is here."

Postby SiFi270 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:27 pm

I hope it's worth bumping to say I think I finally figured out the crosshair thing. For the longest time I had Texture Format set to RGB5_A1 until I played QCDE for the first time and thought "something is obviously wrong with this hud but no one else is bringing it up" but when I changed it to RGBA8 it all worked and it was only a few minutes ago that I came back to this mod and found that that setting allows the custom crosshairs to show up as well.
SiFi270

Postby DabbingSquidward » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 am

Firing the rocket launcher and turning sideways causes the view to stutter, removing SPF_INTERPOLATE does the trick.

Edit: The chainsaw is the only weapon without double raise/lower speeds.
DabbingSquidward

Postby zrrion the insect » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:21 am

I'm not sure why SPF_INTERPOLATE would cause that issue honestly. Chainsaw is not the only weapon without raise/lower speed change. This is intentional.
zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.

Postby DabbingSquidward » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:31 am

zrrion the insect wrote:I'm not sure why SPF_INTERPOLATE would cause that issue honestly. Chainsaw is not the only weapon without raise/lower speed change. This is intentional.

I don't know either, I believe SPF_INTERPOLATE is bugged because it does the opposite of what it's supposed to. Turning on "Smooth Mouse Movement" resolves it, but brings with it some noticeable mouse lag/inertia. Don't know if it's related, but I play with "Prescale Mouse Movement" set to off.
DabbingSquidward

Postby DabbingSquidward » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Now that Doom Eternal was unveiled some months ago and has been slated for 2019, do you have any plans or inspirations to come back to this and/or Retro Alphabet Showdown? :D
DabbingSquidward

Postby zrrion the insect » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 pm

It would be cool to implement some eternal inspired stuff but as of now I haven't been touching this mod. I should really look into porting it to zscript so that I have more room to work but that is a significant task that when done would not feel any different from the player side. There are a few features that I would like to add that are only really doable with zscript though so IDK. They don't technically require the mod to be zscript only, but splitting a mod between zscript and decorate is a crime I have indulged enough as is.

Additionally I'm working on a proper indie game using gzdoom so when I'm in the mood for dev I tend to work on that.
zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods