I have done a modification of this modification:
the description of that mod is:
- You have Doom Plus reload system and weapons (rail gun, sub-machine gun, etc.)
- A couple of new weapons (axe, nuclear launcher).
- Weapons are not over-powered, but instead they all have pros and cons.
- All monsters spawn an alternative monster that usually fit his counterpart (no lions alternative instead of baron/knights).
- Style is also respect, organic monsters spawn organic monsters and
cyber monsters usually spawn cyber monsters, aka Ultimate DooM vs DooM II style is respected.
- There are some monsters that ambush, fly or teleport to increase the thrilling of map fights.
- You start with the shotgun and you pick up the double shotgun instead of the
shotgun, aka double shotgun also for Ultimate.
- Some monsters are stronger and others are faster.
- All power-ups are modified and spawn an alternative.
DooM Plus More is like above but:
- I added the DooM64 palette I found here in zDooM forum.
- I added some new sounds to some weapons (gun, shotgun and super shotgun) that I picked up from a "quake 2 weapons mod" for zDooM.
- Changed stimpaks and blue vials into red flasks/vials (perfect for hellish, temple, alternative levels but fit also base maps)
- Removed one monster and replaced Heretic Imp (perfect for Hellish level).
- Changed monsters sprites and textures (of Ultimate DooM) to give a more hellish look.
- Balanced a bit more the mod.
If someone wants to ty it, I suggest: Ultimate DooM, 2002ado, Map of Chaos, Vision of Eternity or other wad based on Ultimate, but
it works also with DooM 2.
But there's a big problem:
When you have to kill monsters to unlock something, even if you kill them, the map doesn't notice it.
I suspect It's related to the "alternative monsters" that are not recognized.
Can someone download the mod and give a look, please?