[Released] Brutal Russian Overkill

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
4thcharacter

Re: [WIP] Brutal Russian Overkill

Post by 4thcharacter »

I have a suggestion, make the thrown satchel and Marty's kick have the same damagetype as the kick attack from Brutal Doom.
Redem

Post by Redem »

4thcharacter wrote:I have a suggestion, make the thrown satchel and Marty's kick have the same damagetype as the kick attack from Brutal Doom.
For freeing captured marines? I'ts done in current version.
Gabbuz85 wrote:With Project Brutality's monsters would be 10,000 times better.
Crazy weapons + crazy monsters = Double awesome.
I've watched the videos and played it myself a couple of levels - it's way too much of a masterpiece to miss, I agree and I've started the merging but it will take time due to large amount of monsters present.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

It was more for effect, actually. It's comical to see imps getting knocked down and barons holding their balls in pain thanks to a satchel that's flying at an incredible speed.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

the link http://www.filedropper.com/ro23withbdlight019 is very slow & my download is broken every time i try to download

can you please upload the link for some other site so i can download the file
Gabbuz85

Post by Gabbuz85 »

Redem wrote:
Gabbuz85 wrote:With Project Brutality's monsters would be 10,000 times better.
Crazy weapons + crazy monsters = Double awesome.
I've watched the videos and played it myself a couple of levels - it's way too much of a masterpiece to miss, I agree and I've started the merging but it will take time due to large amount of monsters present.
Great. :D

Also I saw an addon of Pillow for RO. What you think?
Spinax22

Post by Spinax22 »

doomguy214 wrote:the link http://www.filedropper.com/ro23withbdlight019 is very slow & my download is broken every time i try to download

can you please upload the link for some other site so i can download the file
Is this mod still WIP? and if so, update the link, please? doomguy214 is right, the link is FUBAR. :?
Redem

Post by Redem »

Done, link is fixed. I've had a lot of work lately so I let the mod out of my sight for a while. I do work on it, but it does advance slowly.
Gabbuz85

Post by Gabbuz85 »

glad to see you alive XD
Redem

Post by Redem »

Here we go. This adaptation is now updated to next version. It is now based on Project Brutality 2.03 with Russian Overkill 2.4 on GZDoom 3.0. It should be noted that I did modify both RO and PB a bit, mostly bugfixes and balance improvements (if this word is applicable to RO), such as:
1. Fixed a couple of RO bugs, for example, Erasus was starting spitting shell casings when you pour borch and shells run out, even if you have no shell casings left.
2. Reduced horizontal spread of RO shotguns by about 20%, since they have too big difference between horizontal and vertical spreads IMO.
3. Buffed Obliterator and Power Overwhelming, since they both were surpassed by Gorynych by a large margin. While Gorynych required about 200 bullets to kill Cyberdemon, both other guns required about a 1000 and more time, accordingly.
4. RO now detects PB and adjusts the weapon, ammo and item spawns accordingly. As a result, you can now play both PB and RO separately, however, PB will be restricted only to PB mode in player selection menu (no purist or traditional).
5. Other minor changes.

There are some known bugs, but they are not affecting the gameplay as I tested it. As for unknown bugs, well, feel free to post them here and I'll do my best.

Have fun!
cs89

Post by cs89 »

I think you have linked wrong the mod-addon, because the link leads our account page on DropBox. :?
Redem

Post by Redem »

Fixed. I forgot to create public link, and put personal one instead at first.

At this point, I'm marking the mod as finished. There probably will be minor updates and fixes, but it depends if I'll want to update it and/or will have time for it.
Sumbum1

properties

Post by Sumbum1 »

i've been trying to play this mod but when i go to properties i can't find the target line. can someone tell me how to find it?
Redem

Re: [Released] Brutal Russian Overkill

Post by Redem »

You need to create a shortcut to gzdoom.exe (.ink file)
Spoiler:
You open shortcut properties
Spoiler:
go to "Shortcut" tab and there will be a "Target" line
Spoiler:
You need to fill the mods filenames after the quotes (they must be in same folder as gdoom.exe). In my case the complete target line is this:
Spoiler:
... but this mod requires only the last two filenames to work (RO_pb_2.4.pk3 and Project_Brutality_2.03_Light.pk3). The rest is for flavor.
Redem

Post by Redem »

Since the release of previous version I've refined the mod but was hesitating to update it here. Now that both PB 3.0 and RO 2.5 are released I probably am going to merge them instead soon. For now, I'm updating the mod to the last version that I came up with (which was about 6 months ago, though). It actually incorporates a lot of bugfixes, rebalances and even some new explosion sprites so I hope you'll enjoy it.
Valken

Post by Valken »

Hi Redem,

I've enjoyed your previous version of BROK, so was wondering if you had updated it to the new PB 3.0 content as well? Hopefully there will be an update.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”