[1/31/2022] Doom Delta v2.5.0! (+ mapping starter kit!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [1/28/2022] Doom Delta v2.4.0b!

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Also sorry for the double post, but wanted to give a heads up. If using the dev build (and I'm assuming when 4.8 comes out it will still happen) the game will crash when launching. It seems to be due to a deprecated function.
Attachments
delta crash.png
Gez

Post by Gez »

The deprecated function messages are just warnings and can be ignored; it'd work anyway. The problem is in the intermission code, something about the font handling that is broken.
mamaluigisbagel

Oh you're right, I wasn't paying attention to the color of the text lol

I can confirm 4.7.1 still works fine, so if anyone wants to play this just use the current (as of this post) stable build instead of a dev one.
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:Apologies for the bump, but after putting a good amount of time into Doom Delta I feel like I had to ask: Did the shields get removed or made much more rare? I didn't see anything saying so in the changelogs, and yet I never find them anymore whereas previous updates I would come across them often.
They should still be spawning as usual, but I might've overcorrected a spawning threshold somewhere. What mapset were you playing on, if you don't mind me asking?
mamaluigisbagel wrote:Also sorry for the double post, but wanted to give a heads up. If using the dev build (and I'm assuming when 4.8 comes out it will still happen) the game will crash when launching. It seems to be due to a deprecated function.
Doom Delta has basically just been using a copy-pasted-and-modified version of the default intermission code, and since a lot of stuff was rewritten in the last update, it causes a crash in 4.8.0. Currently, I'm going through and properly writing a custom intermission screen in place of my old stank hack job, so things will be fixed soon!
mamaluigisbagel

They should still be spawning as usual, but I might've overcorrected a spawning threshold somewhere. What mapset were you playing on, if you don't mind me asking?
This has happened with many different mapsets, but I usually play Doom the way Id Did with Doom Delta the most. But note I rarely finish my playthroughs, and usually make it at least halfway before stopping.

Take your time with the update. I love the mod, but I can wait. :P
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

I did some checking, and it shields ARE indeed spawning, but they might not be spawning as much as players would probably like them to. I'll see if I can play around with their spawning rules a bit for the next release. :D
DrPyspy

Re: [6/27/2022] Doom Delta v2.4.2b!

Post by DrPyspy »

A new version of Doom Delta has been released! The intermission screen has been updated to match the aesthetic of the other UI elements. This also fixes the mod not launching in 4.8.0.

You can download the new update here and view the changelog here.
mamaluigisbagel

Odd, using GZDoom 4.8.1, the score no matter what I do always reads "1" on the intermission screen, even if I pick up every score item and have them turned on. (maybe its a minor 4.8.1 change that messed with it?)
MutantMods
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MutantMods »

I show case this awesome gameplay mod in the 2nd half of the video!

Last edited by MutantMods on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iRaz_err
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by iRaz_err »

Game doesn't launch in GZDoom 4.8.2.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

iRaz_err wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:52 pm Game doesn't launch in GZDoom 4.8.2.
What's the error?
iRaz_err
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by iRaz_err »

wildweasel wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:37 pm
iRaz_err wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:52 pm Game doesn't launch in GZDoom 4.8.2.
What's the error?
Error is in the codeblock below.

Code: Select all

Script error, "DoomDelta-v2.4.1.pk3:zscript/delta/misc_intermission.zsc" line 227:
Left side of mFont is not a struct or class
Script error, "DoomDelta-v2.4.1.pk3:zscript/delta/misc_intermission.zsc" line 233:
Type mismatch in reference argument DrawPatchText
Script warning, "DoomDelta-v2.4.1.pk3:zscript/delta/weapons/weapon_plasmarifle.zsc" line 61:
Accessing deprecated function A_FireCustomMissile - deprecated since 2.3.0, Use A_FireProjectile() instead
Script warning, "DoomDelta-v2.4.1.pk3:zscript/delta/weapons/weapon_plasmarifle.zsc" line 69:
Accessing deprecated function A_FireCustomMissile - deprecated since 2.3.0, Use A_FireProjectile() instead
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Update your copy of Doom Delta - 2.4.1 is not the latest version, and it required an update to fix those errors.
greenknight9000

Post by greenknight9000 »

This has to be one of my favourite mods! Out of curiosity, I'd love to ask if there'd possibly be any potential plans to add compatibility with Final Doomer? Aside from wanting to play the game with the Final Doomer weapons and fight against the new enemies and all that, I figure having a new class "Betaguy" or "Deltaguy" to choose from the large selection of classes to add further replayability would be really fun! These two are my most favourite mods, so I figured it was worth a shot in asking
Big Billy 666
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows

Post by Big Billy 666 »

This mod is amazing, and I can't believe I just found out about it. I'm gonna be playing this for the rest of my now Doom-Delta-loving life.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”