[I LIVE! AGAIN!] Doom Delta v2.3!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [I LIVE! AGAIN!] Doom Delta v2.3!

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:34 am

DrPyspy wrote:

Cool! I remember you talking about bringing this monster to life some years ago. Nice to see you are about to make good on your threat. :twisted:
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby SLON » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:41 am

DrPyspy wrote:I do speculate that the base concept of the flying imp eventually evolved into the Lost Soul, with the spikes and fire eventually being axed in favor of the charge attack. However, I thought it'd be fun to interpret the Doom Bible text into a new enemy, as there isn't really a lightweight flying enemy in the game currently (unless you count the Lost Soul in Doom Delta, who is super squishy!)

Also, according to the Bible, the demons were supposed to subsequently have some kind of long-range attack (obviously, like the one that archvile ended up with, only with probably less damage), and imps in the early stages could only attack melee (which they also refused, probably because they turned into cannon fodder because of this).
SLON

Postby SLON » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:29 am

In addition, I also think that it would be logical to make an option that replaces on 31-32 maps, the rest of the enemies and decorations with the original ones from Wolf 3D (the latter really do not look like Doom-similar replacements, but very rough placeholders, so I'm sure that it was originally planned to transfer all the details of Wolfenstein as much as possible, but since Doom 2, as you know, was developed in a big hurry, this was never implemented, and only the chaingunners (see alpha of Doom 2) were replaced with SS).
SLON

Postby Ltmajordude » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:14 pm

Nice mod! Played this with Jenesis and had a blast~

Though it may be just me but tags 666 and 667 didn't register in Map 07, the kind where you kill the fatso's to open one part of the map and then kill the mini spider masterminds to open the end of the map?
Meaning I had to noclip to part of the map and then noclip to kill more monsters. Yikes.
I ran with other mods but checked later on that it was Doom Delta that had just this issue.
Not just on Jenesis, Doom 2's Dead Simple was a dead end (sorry for the pun).

Besides that, still enjoyed this mod!
Ltmajordude

Discord: Ltmajordude #9623
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Hunterj1234 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:25 pm

ORIGIONAL POST

you r screenshot has POstage stamp resolution, i can barely seee it
Hunterj1234

Postby wildweasel » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:37 pm

Hunterj1234 wrote:
ORIGIONAL POST

Have you tried clicking on it?
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Hunterj1234 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:41 pm

wildweasel wrote:
Hunterj1234 wrote:
ORIGIONAL POST

Have you tried clicking on it?

Ok your welcome. It works now :)
Hunterj1234

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:48 pm

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:
DrPyspy wrote:

Cool! I remember you talking about bringing this monster to life some years ago. Nice to see you are about to make good on your threat. :twisted:

i love how this is coming out
ThrashfanBert1994

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods