[BUGFIX!] Doom Delta v2.2.1!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [BUGFIX!] Doom Delta v2.2.1!

Postby Captain J » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:17 am

drfrag wrote:Of course, is that a typo and you wanted to write hudtype?
Becouse that doesn't make much sense.
null9052 basically replied this previous reply of mine, pointing out my typo i mentioned:
Captain J wrote:Huh... Yeah, about that-- v2.2.1, v.2.2, v2.1 and v2.0 doesn't work on GZDoom 4.4.2 either. The much earlier versions work just fine, though.
I should've typed "earlier" instead of "later" because the ones below said versions works properly without any error and yet are very outdated. Also i'm looking for a clue why the latest version of doom delta and below doesn't work anymore.

Okay, now this might explain it nicely. Sorry for the headboggling confusion. I should've added more details.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby drfrag » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:31 am

Replied the reply? Your typo was typing earlier instead of later, i was referring to the typo in the mod. Are we talking in riddles now? :)
Fixing that it should run in GZDoom, it runs in LZDoom now.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Postby Captain J » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:45 am

Again, i responded to null because they pointed out my typo on my previous post. Funny you're actually referring to typo in the mod, not my post while i just realized that i made a typo.

I thought you were replying me and made me confused there. But thanks for the quick fix!
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby SLON » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:02 pm

Have you ever wanted to add animated cell packs?

There was also an earlier BFG pickup, which in my opinion is based on the three-barreled version.
SLON

Postby Ludicrous_peridot » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:28 pm

I have only recently learned about Doom Delta, and what an amazing discovery for me it is.
And as much as I love production values of this mod I also wonder if these minor things could be fixed in an upcoming bugfix or release?

1. Brighter hud bars for 100+ health and armor are set to redraw every 6 ticks (or so) which produces annoying jitter when player is over 100 health or armor. I've quickly edited out the timer clause and the jitter is gone but I honestly don't know what I am doing and these were probably added for a reason?

2. As posted few month ago (pardon the bump) hud settings would not save between restarts. I replaced player with server in the cvars definition and this has fixed the option saving, but again - I suspect there's was a reason this was set to player in the first place.

3. As great as the title screen font and skull look, with Sigil or certain map packs (check out no end in sight for example) the combination of beta fonts and splatter in red episode name sprite just doesn't look right and side borders seem to be slightly out of place. Could there be an option to use vanilla skull and red font for episode menu - e.g. if anything except episodes GZDoom knows about is loaded, something like this?

vanilla.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ludicrous_peridot

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods