[1/31/2022] Doom Delta v2.5.0! (+ mapping starter kit!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [TEST BUILD] Doom Delta - A delicious mix of Alpha and B

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Those are lookin' excellent, DrPyspy!
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

those look nice dr pyspy
FoptionMapping

Post by FoptionMapping »

Great Job, Dr. Pyspy!

EDIT: You should remove NIGHTMARE! mode, because it wasn't a skill level until 1.2.
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

Captain J wrote:While they are on poker face, Thi seems jolly happy for her duty!
Thi originally didn't smile, but then I drew her smiling, so now she smiles. :D
Sgt. Shivers wrote:Those are lookin' excellent, DrPyspy!
armymen12002003 wrote:those look nice dr pyspy
FoptionMapping wrote:Great Job, Dr. Pyspy!
Thanks to all.
FoptionMapping wrote:EDIT: You should remove NIGHTMARE! mode, because it wasn't a skill level until 1.2.
As much as I dislike Nightmare mode, I don't see its absence in the pre-release versions as a sufficient reason to remove it. Sorry.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

{/quote}The idea of a grenade launcher does seem interesting. I want this mod to be playable without mouselook or being able to look up or down, and the only grenade launchers I'm familiar with are from games that have both of those properties. I'm not sure about the control scheme that the original Quake had, but if its similar to Doom, I'd be interested in using it for inspiration.[/quote]

A bit late, but what i am planning to do with the grenade launcher is a underbarrel attachment for the rifle. Gives the rifle a half life style altfire and alot of lategame utility. The grenade will essentailly be a rocket with drop, a bigger radius, and less damage. There are some rifle under barrel attachment reload sprites from ZDCMP2 for the alpha rifle
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

demo_the_man wrote:A bit late, but what i am planning to do with the grenade launcher is a underbarrel attachment for the rifle. Gives the rifle a half life style altfire and alot of lategame utility. The grenade will essentailly be a rocket with drop, a bigger radius, and less damage. There are some rifle under barrel attachment reload sprites from ZDCMP2 for the alpha rifle
Sounds pretty interesting. However, for Doom Delta, I'd like to keep it separate to prevent overlapping of weapon roles, and so that I can have some original sprites for it.

Also, a new test build of Doom Delta has been released. This is what should be included in the update:

- New title screen with new music
- New scrolling credits with updated credits
- Compatibility with mapsets that change MAPINFO
- New intermission screen (score screen that moves seamlessly into default screen)
- Character head portraits and WIP character full body portraits
- Character info 75% complete (arbitrary estimate)
- Lagless minimap tested in GZDoom 2.3.1 (software mode) (please test in opengl) (please test in general)
- Optional Former Human skin (helmet)
- All monsters should give score now (meatball)
- Setting to replace score bonuses with armor bonuses (score can still be obtained from monsters)

All that remains for a full release:

- 16:10 and 5:6 support (will require lots of stuff to be remade for these resolutions and also staring into the abyss that is SBARINFO)
- Voice actors for Thi and Lorelei
- HUD indicators for powerups?
- New sounds for Unmaker
- Finalize graphics for Dark Claw and Unmaker (seriously I keep touching them)
- Built-in manual? There will definitely be some stuff in the OP but it might be convenient to have it available in-game.
- release 8-)

Reminder that this is a test build, which means give me delicious feedback thank you very much

DOWNLOAD
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Still great! Some brief thoughts from a brief playthrough:

1.) Why am I credited for the Wolfenstein guard sounds? They seem to be pulled directly from the original game.
2.) The new intermission score screen blends nicer with the "real" intermission, but it seems a bit empty and lonely.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Huh... what is up with that dancing baby? :shock:

Also, pressing Shift still does not seem to make my character go faster.
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

Kinsie wrote:Still great! Some brief thoughts from a brief playthrough:

1.) Why am I credited for the Wolfenstein guard sounds? They seem to be pulled directly from the original game.
2.) The new intermission score screen blends nicer with the "real" intermission, but it seems a bit empty and lonely.
A long while back, I asked Term for direct use of the Wolfenstein Guard sounds from Samsara. I haven't read the message since a year ago, but I recall him asking for me to credit you. If you think it's weird, I can change it. On the intermission screen, I was thinking of having something to measure your score, like a pile of treasure or something, to fill the empty space. I'm not sure about it yet, however.
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Huh... what is up with that dancing baby? :shock:

Also, pressing Shift still does not seem to make my character go faster.
He's there to show off his moves. Also, what character(s) were you playing as?
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Lorelei. Also, the default character - when playing with classes disabled - still cannot run either.
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Lorelei. Also, the default character - when playing with classes disabled - still cannot run either.
The sprint with classes disabled is now finally fixed. It was a fault on my part for not testing it properly. I'll upload a build with it later this week so I can catch any other bugs that pop up. As for Lorelei, her sprint is just really weak to match her extremely fast base speed.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

I had bad news, my flying imp project got crashed due to pc crashes, my flying imp was gone
From my laptop, i might do start from scratch, it takes time
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

DrPyspy wrote:A long while back, I asked Term for direct use of the Wolfenstein Guard sounds from Samsara. I haven't read the message since a year ago, but I recall him asking for me to credit you. If you think it's weird, I can change it.
Fair enough. I was just confused because I tweaked some of the SS and Officer sounds for Reelism, but these weren't it.

Give me a bit, and I'll send you some fun things to justify that credit... :twisted:
DrPyspy wrote:On the intermission screen, I was thinking of having something to measure your score, like a pile of treasure or something, to fill the empty space. I'm not sure about it yet, however.
You could have Rise of the Triad-style bonuses pop up for getting 100% Kills/Items/Bonuses and maybe some other weird old stuff (Tyson-ing?) depending on how much stuff you wanna do scripting to track. You could also add a Wolfenstein-style portrait of the chosen player character doing a thing, but that would be a lot of extra art...
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

Kinsie wrote:Fair enough. I was just confused because I tweaked some of the SS and Officer sounds for Reelism, but these weren't it.

Give me a bit, and I'll send you some fun things to justify that credit... :twisted:
Got it. Can't wait to implement them. 8-)
Kinsie wrote:You could have Rise of the Triad-style bonuses pop up for getting 100% Kills/Items/Bonuses and maybe some other weird old stuff (Tyson-ing?) depending on how much stuff you wanna do scripting to track. You could also add a Wolfenstein-style portrait of the chosen player character doing a thing, but that would be a lot of extra art...
Bonuses for completing certain things on a level would be interesting, I could probably implement something like that. The Wolfenstein-style portraits would be really cool, but considering how long it took to complete the head portraits, a full body portrait for each character would probably take forever. I would like to keep it in mind, though.
FoptionMapping

Post by FoptionMapping »

Is there a DOOM DELTA Discord where we could send feedback, or do we only do it in this thread?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”