[1/31/2022] Doom Delta v2.5.0! (+ mapping starter kit!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Re: [WIP] Doom Delta - A delicious mix of Alpha and Beta

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

DrPyspy wrote:If I'm calculating it correctly, 1360x768 is 16:10. I will add support for 16:10 to solve this issue.
I think this tells something else: https://my.mixtape.moe/wfhtuc.avi
Gez

Post by Gez »

16:10 would be 1360x850. 1360x768 is actually quite close to 16:9 (a perfect 16:9 ratio would be 1360x765).
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Can i use some screenshots of the HUD for a presentation at my university. Im using it as an example of a concept im working on to prevent VR motionsickness
SpooferJahk

Post by SpooferJahk »

Just went through Episode 1 with the test version and honestly, aside from the issues raised by the other members, this mod plays pretty dang well and gives Doom a different feel. Feels more like an old school iD game now than the behemoth we got that revolutionized the FPS genre as we know it, and that is not a bad thing at all. The helmet HUD is really cool, the different characters are fun to play with, and of course the new weapons are REALLY fun to play with.

Should also mention that I am playing this in ZDoom and it runs fine, though I did try it on GZDoom and it did lag on my end as well like mentioned before.
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

Gez wrote:16:10 would be 1360x850. 1360x768 is actually quite close to 16:9 (a perfect 16:9 ratio would be 1360x765).
Interesting. Not sure what to do in this situation, then.
demo_the_man wrote:Can i use some screenshots of the HUD for a presentation at my university. Im using it as an example of a concept im working on to prevent VR motionsickness
Sure! If you could post some screenshots of what it looks like in VR here, that'd be really cool!
SpooferJahk wrote:Just went through Episode 1 with the test version and honestly, aside from the issues raised by the other members, this mod plays pretty dang well and gives Doom a different feel. Feels more like an old school iD game now than the behemoth we got that revolutionized the FPS genre as we know it, and that is not a bad thing at all. The helmet HUD is really cool, the different characters are fun to play with, and of course the new weapons are REALLY fun to play with.

Should also mention that I am playing this in ZDoom and it runs fine, though I did try it on GZDoom and it did lag on my end as well like mentioned before.
Yeah, GZDoom seems to be most affected performance-wise. I don't know why, unfortunately. I do know that there are some frame drops in ZDoom, but it doesn't have as large of an effect.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

I realize this is still in wip but one thing I'd love to see this compatible with alando1 doom tribute project mod
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

I've got the wrong version of GZDOOM (Being v1.8.04) and I can't really upgrade since I'm using a pre-GL2.0 potato laptop, will try to play in latest version of ZDOOM
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

DrPyspy wrote:
Gez wrote:16:10 would be 1360x850. 1360x768 is actually quite close to 16:9 (a perfect 16:9 ratio would be 1360x765).
Interesting. Not sure what to do in this situation, then.
demo_the_man wrote:Can i use some screenshots of the HUD for a presentation at my university. Im using it as an example of a concept im working on to prevent VR motionsickness
Sure! If you could post some screenshots of what it looks like in VR here, that'd be really cool!
SpooferJahk wrote:Just went through Episode 1 with the test version and honestly, aside from the issues raised by the other members, this mod plays pretty dang well and gives Doom a different feel. Feels more like an old school iD game now than the behemoth we got that revolutionized the FPS genre as we know it, and that is not a bad thing at all. The helmet HUD is really cool, the different characters are fun to play with, and of course the new weapons are REALLY fun to play with.

Yeah, GZDoom seems to be most affected performance-wise. I don't know why, unfortunately. I do know that there are some frame drops in ZDoom, but it doesn't have as large of an effect.
I am going to use it as an example of how a all around the screen static HUD would work, which is my concept to make fps games in VR cause less nausea. That and ill see if i can get it to work in gzdoomVR.
SpooferJahk

Post by SpooferJahk »

DrPyspy wrote:Yeah, GZDoom seems to be most affected performance-wise. I don't know why, unfortunately. I do know that there are some frame drops in ZDoom, but it doesn't have as large of an effect.
I have noticed a wee bit, but no lower than the 50-60 range on my end. If anything it is still smooth compared to the game's default 30 FPS cap.
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

Just asking if there are any plans for the SMG, whether as a separate weapon or reskin for the chaingun much like the lost soul.
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

XLightningStormL wrote:Just asking if there are any plans for the SMG, whether as a separate weapon or reskin for the chaingun much like the lost soul.
There are some plans for it to appear as an alternative weapon that shows up in place of the Chaingun, much like the Dark Claw and Unmaker (although it would be reversed, with the Chaingun being the "second-tier" to the Machine Gun.) One of the main factors preventing it from happening is finding a way to fit it into the helmet HUD's weapon list, since that is pretty much full. I have thought about having it take the slot of the SSG on the weapon list (not the actual weapon slot) if the mod is being played in Doom 1, but considering how much more content there is for Doom 2, it'd rarely see use outside of the default IWAD and mapsets that use it. I will try to find other ways, though.
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

Frame rate issues with the minimap have been improved, let me know if you experience any odd issues. There are still some frame-hitching issues in GZDoom, still trying to find out if I can fix it. Additionally, the sprint speeds of the different characters have been altered, let me know if you experience any issues with them.

Here is the download to the new gameplay testing version.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

This is... amazing, holy shit. Nice work.
I love all the little subtle things, the minimap, everything.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

This is really good and amazing, just what i expected! But is it intentional that the mod has no complete HUD screen at all? Also many weapons except rocket launcher creates no decal, too.
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

Captain J wrote:This is really good and amazing, just what i expected! But is it intentional that the mod has no complete HUD screen at all? Also many weapons except rocket launcher creates no decal, too.
The lack of decals is intentional. Could you elaborate on that first part, though? I'm having trouble figuring out what you mean by complete HUD screen.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”