[1/31/2022] Doom Delta v2.5.0! (+ mapping starter kit!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Grizzly

Re: [COLDFIX!] Doom Delta v2.1!

Post by Grizzly »

Can confirm: The Retro Shader breaks GZDoom when it is used with the vulkan renderer.
To launch Doom Delta again, either:
  • Disable Vulkan in a GZDoom session without Delta loaded
  • Disable Vulkan in the GZdoom-user.ini in the GZDoom vulkan by setting vid_enablevulkan to zero
  • Disable the low res config by setting delta_chocomode to false
Negostrike
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Negostrike »

Oh right, I got Vulkan on. As soon as possible I'm gonna disable and try again. Thanks a bunch!
Thorogrimm

Post by Thorogrimm »

Hey! There seems to be a problem with the armour bonuses showing up on the display in red as opposed to green or in the full helmet mode.
ActionAlligator

Post by ActionAlligator »

I get this error when attempting to launch with Doom Launcher (using ZDoom and Ultimate Doom wad):

Script error, "DoomDelta_v2.1.pk3:mapinfo" line 23:
Unknown property 'EventHandlers' found in map definition

Texman.Init: Init texture manager.
ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
Script error, "DoomDelta_v2.1.pk3:actors/weapons/chainsaw.dec" line 1:
Parent type 'DeltaWeapon' not found in ChainsawBeta
Script error, "DoomDelta_v2.1.pk3:actors/weapons/chainsaw.dec" line 3:
"weapon.kickback" requires an actor of type "Weapon"

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "DoomDelta_v2.1.pk3:actors/weapons/chainsaw.dec" line 3:
Unexpected '0' in definition of 'ChainsawBeta'
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ActionAlligator wrote:(using ZDoom
There's your problem; ZDoom is far too old. This mod uses a lot of ZScript, which means you'll need a recent GZDoom or GZDoom Vintage build.
ActionAlligator

Yeah I've been playing it with GZDoom, but the front post for this mod should probably be edited because this is what mislead me: "Doom Delta is a mod for ZDoom and GZDoom.."
ActionAlligator

BTW, does anyone know if the super shotgun appears in the original Ultimate Doom episodes? I wasn't sure if I was supposed to load Ultimate Doom wad or Doom 2 wad with the mod, so just guessed, but now I'm not sure if the super shotgun requires Doom 2 to be loaded. Enjoying the mod so far, though, so thanks!
XLightningStormL

Doom Delta v2.2 Showcase in DtwiDD

Post by XLightningStormL »

PySpy forgot to drop the DD v2.2 showcase video.

Thorogrimm

Post by Thorogrimm »

I'm still having the issue where armour pickup messages show up as red and not green like every other pickup.
Lila Feuer

Post by Lila Feuer »

I feel like the Cacodemon projectiles are acting wonky with Thi Barrett. Is her hitbox smaller than the other characters? It seems like the projectiles just sometimes fly right through her, leaving her undamaged.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

This is a really good mod, but the Dark Claw and Unmaker are kind of useless. Maybe have them do more damage?
Lila Feuer

Post by Lila Feuer »

Artman2004 wrote:This is a really good mod, but the Dark Claw and Unmaker are kind of useless. Maybe have them do more damage?
The Dark Claw is fine, it's very powerful against pure demons, weak against humanoids and possibly half strength against cybernetic demons? However I've noticed the Unmaker seems to of lost its ripper property and is now extremely weak and wasteful, doesn't seem like intended behavior at all. I was using Lorelei Chen, so I don't know if it affects other characters.

E: Yeah no it's the same with all characters.

E2: Oh no, it does have the ripper property still but it's being ignored. I think the culprit might be the fact it's a seeker, because I noticed the same problem when I made an "Unmaker" projectile as a ripper but also made it a seeker missile, it will then explodes on contact with anything stronger than the common gibbable enemies, which it will still rip through. That seems wrong.
Lila Feuer

Post by Lila Feuer »

I was able to get around the low damage issue by giving the Unmaker its own damage type (ArcaneMagic to compliment the existing DemonMagic used by the Dark Claw) and giving monsters a damage factor of 20. Now it one-shots everything that isn't a boss and the seeker can actually survive. The Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon take a handful of shots to go down. I hope the mod author considers this for implementation!
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

Doom Delta v2.2 is here! Contained within this update are a few things I've been wanting to experiment with for a while now. Because of this, there will be errors, oversights, and all other kinds of fun stuff, but I've squashed all the ones I could find! I'll try to keep up with bug reports and other suggestions in a more timely manner this time around, so I encourage everyone to report any bugs they can find. And now, introducing some of the highlights of this update:

Meet the Blob! Based off of this demonic fella here, the Blob hides himself in walls, preparing for a surprise attack. Once you get in his line of sight, he bursts out of the wall! Make sure to watch out for these devious demons!

Behold, a new addition to your arsenal: SHIELDS! Inspired by the shields in the Doom Bible, these devices protect you from specific kinds of damage, whether it be bullets, melee attacks, explosions, fire, or plasma! Shields are similar to normal powerups, with one exception: they can be toggled at will! Like most powerups, they will run out of power while being used. If shields are turned off, they will cease draining power, and sit dormant in your inventory, allowing you to conserve it for when you most need it. However, keep in mind that the shield also consumes power whenever it blocks damage. Don't leave your shield on when you don't need it, or else you'll regret it!

The 'Retro Scaling' option has been improved to have the correct amount of pixels on screen, whether you're playing in 16:9 or 4:3! Enable the software renderer for maximum effect!

...but that's not all! Also included in this update are a few graphical improvements, as well as a few quality of life changes, including various weapon and character rebalances! If you're ready to jump right in, DOWNLOAD IT NOW! If you want to see exactly what has been included in this update, check out the changelog!

Doom Delta v2.2 was developed and tested on GZDoom v4.2.4. Most of these pictures are from Joy of Mapping 6, episode 2! The ModDB link will be up later, just want to make sure this version is mostly bug free first! And as always, let me know what you think!
SiFi270

Re: [NEW VERSION!] Doom Delta v2.2!

Post by SiFi270 »

The scepter has the dagger's pickup message for some reason.

Also, I've been thinking some more about the pump-action SSG from the Doom 2 beta, especially after Doomkid showed how others could experience it. I recall your concern being that it would be too quick, but when I compared it to the Doom 64 version, it was slower than that. So I think it you could work if you changed both shotguns to be closer to the speed of their D64 counterparts.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to ask: Why did you disable automap stats? I feel so helpless without them.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”