[1/31/2022] Doom Delta v2.5.0! (+ mapping starter kit!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LordKane1701
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Doom Delta v1.0 - Evil has been unleashed!

Post by LordKane1701 »

Does this work with wadsmoosh?
PlayerLin
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Finally it released, and...nice trailer! :)

Reminder for those whose playing GZDooM with ALTHUD : The character select menu hates ALTHUD, if it enabled and it won't show the background and sprites of characters.

--

Enable Bullet Casings when Chasecam ON will see weird funny thing, but since no player sprites for all 4 characters now(still shows Doomguy's if chasecam is on) so I guess it's not big-deal, just minor weirdness not affected gameplay.

Also, since kill enemies and found secrets does give points, are you considering about make some bonus reward for 100% completion? Just like those old-90s games with scoring system. :p
LordKane1701

Post by LordKane1701 »

I noticed that keys dont show up on the minimap with the helmet hud at all, tried using the standard wads
Retraux Squid

Post by Retraux Squid »

I notice that the Machine Gun wasn't implemented in favor of the Press Release Beta-styled Chaingun.

While it isn't really a massive problem, you could conceivably implement it as closer to the Wolf3D machine gun; fire rate somewhere from 262-350 RPM (i've fiddled with such weapons in my own .pk3s before, they work quite well in concert with other stock Doom guns), highly increased accuracy, superior damage to the base rifle/chaingun.
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

LordKane1701 wrote:Does this work with wadsmoosh?
It should. If it suffers from the clusternum issue, it'll be fixed in the next release, which should be out soon. :D
PlayerLin wrote: Enable Bullet Casings when Chasecam ON will see weird funny thing, but since no player sprites for all 4 characters now(still shows Doomguy's if chasecam is on) so I guess it's not big-deal, just minor weirdness not affected gameplay.

Also, since kill enemies and found secrets does give points, are you considering about make some bonus reward for 100% completion? Just like those old-90s games with scoring system. :p
Thanks for reminding me, I'll disable casings when chasecam is on. Also, with the original intermission screen in earlier versions, there was a reward for 100% completion of a level, but it had to be discarded for the final intermission system. I'm still looking for a way to bring it back, however.
LordKane1701 wrote:I noticed that keys dont show up on the minimap with the helmet hud at all, tried using the standard wads
That feature had to be sacrificed for the new minimap system. I'm not sure if I'll bring it back, as the keys being visible were supposed to compensate for the lack of an actual minimap.
Retraux Squid wrote:I notice that the Machine Gun wasn't implemented in favor of the Press Release Beta-styled Chaingun.

While it isn't really a massive problem, you could conceivably implement it as closer to the Wolf3D machine gun; fire rate somewhere from 262-350 RPM (i've fiddled with such weapons in my own .pk3s before, they work quite well in concert with other stock Doom guns), highly increased accuracy, superior damage to the base rifle/chaingun.
I can't recall who had the idea, but the machine gun is to adopt the behavior of the current chaingun, while the chaingun becomes a new weapon with slower initial firing speed that can build up to a faster firing speed than the original chaingun. It will spawn similarly to how the Plasma Rifle/Dark Claw and BFG 9000/Unmaker do, ex: Machine Gun/Chaingun.
LordKane1701

Post by LordKane1701 »

DrPyspy wrote:
LordKane1701 wrote:Does this work with wadsmoosh?
It should. If it suffers from the clusternum issue, it'll be fixed in the next release, which should be out soon. :D
PlayerLin wrote: Enable Bullet Casings when Chasecam ON will see weird funny thing, but since no player sprites for all 4 characters now(still shows Doomguy's if chasecam is on) so I guess it's not big-deal, just minor weirdness not affected gameplay.

Thanks for reminding me, I'll disable casings when chasecam is on. Also, with the original intermission screen in earlier versions, there was a reward for 100% completion of a level, but it had to be discarded for the final intermission system. I'm still looking for a way to bring it back, however.
LordKane1701 wrote:I noticed that keys dont show up on the minimap with the helmet hud at all, tried using the standard wads
That feature had to be sacrificed for the new minimap system. I'm not sure if I'll bring it back, as the keys being visible were supposed to compensate for the lack of an actual minimap.
Retraux Squid wrote:I notice that the Machine Gun wasn't implemented in favor of the Press Release Beta-styled Chaingun.

I can't recall who had the idea, but the machine gun is to adopt the behavior of the current chaingun, while the chaingun becomes a new weapon with slower initial firing speed that can build up to a faster firing speed than the original chaingun. It will spawn similarly to how the Plasma Rifle/Dark Claw and BFG 9000/Unmaker do, ex: Machine Gun/Chaingun.
I tested it with wadsmoosh and so far it works just fine.
and okay on the minimap thing, its still awesome.

Overall I FUCKING LOVE THIS MOD.
Its replaced SmoothDoom for the time being.
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

v1.1 Download
Spoiler: v1.1 Changelog
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: Doom Delta v1.1 - Evil has been unleashed!

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Awesome! 8-)

However, I do not think the hyphen is necessary in "at close-range".
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

This is a really fun idea and I love the character portraits, but damn that automap kills my framerate. I hope a later build has the option to switch it off so I can still use the rest of the cool delta hud.

Also Barrett is cute as hell. She's a main character in my first Doom novella, so naturally I keep playing as her. I gave her short hair too, coincidentally.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Short hair makes a lot of sense for a soldier.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

One thing I noticed when playing with the Status Bar HUD is that I no longer get any messages. Is that intentional?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Gez wrote:Short hair makes a lot of sense for a soldier.
Well yeah but it's usually a crew cut irl.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Can't you just merge the rifle and bayonet into one weapon?
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

One thing I noticed when playing with the Status Bar HUD is that I no longer get any messages. Is that intentional?

Also, come to think of it, is Dimitri not a bit overpowered? I think it would make more sense for a tank character to have the worst accuracy, thus making him best suited for close combat where his superior resistance would come in handy. The opposite goes for Thi: since she is the most fragile, she should have the best accuracy so she does not have to expose herself too much.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

The way I see it, a faster character is probably not one that's likely to aim as efficiently as they run-and-gun with presumable hipfiring, while the more tank-like durable character that is slower has a bit more of a liberty to pick their shots out for dealing with threats efficiently.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”