[1/31/2022] Doom Delta v2.5.0! (+ mapping starter kit!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jarewill

Re: [NEW VERSION!] Doom Delta v2.2!

Post by Jarewill »

Reading the changelog one thing caught my attention:

Code: Select all

- Baron of Hell
	* Changed damage type of projectile to 'Plasma'
- Revenant
	* Changed damage type of projectile to 'Explosive'
I don't know, I always thought that Barons and Revenants throw fireballs, so seeing this confused me.
But I understand if it was done for balancing the shields, though my first guess would be to use a fire shield against those two. :P
I guess it's just me though.

Edit: I tried launching it with the newest devbuild of gzdoom and got a bunch of errors:
Spoiler:
But I guess it's my fault for trying to run it with a devbuild instead of the stable release. ;P
Gez

Post by Gez »

Revenants have always been described as launching rockets.
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

SiFi270 wrote:The scepter has the dagger's pickup message for some reason.

Also, I've been thinking some more about the pump-action SSG from the Doom 2 beta, especially after Doomkid showed how others could experience it. I recall your concern being that it would be too quick, but when I compared it to the Doom 64 version, it was slower than that. So I think it you could work if you changed both shotguns to be closer to the speed of their D64 counterparts.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to ask: Why did you disable automap stats? I feel so helpless without them.
I had a look at the video, and it seems like it works pretty well in motion! My only remaining concern is more of an aesthetic one: the sounds and timing of the retail animation contribute a lot to the feel of the SSG, and I feel replacing it with a variation on the normal shotgun's pump animation might diminish both the feel and the uniqueness of it. The pump sounds could be swapped out for something more fitting pretty easily, though! I'll consider it. :D

The automap stats being missing is a bit of an oversight on my part, and I'll look into putting them back in.
Jarewill wrote:Reading the changelog one thing caught my attention:

Code: Select all

- Baron of Hell
	* Changed damage type of projectile to 'Plasma'
- Revenant
	* Changed damage type of projectile to 'Explosive'
I don't know, I always thought that Barons and Revenants throw fireballs, so seeing this confused me.
But I understand if it was done for balancing the shields, though my first guess would be to use a fire shield against those two. :P
I guess it's just me though.

Edit: I tried launching it with the newest devbuild of gzdoom and got a bunch of errors:
Spoiler:
But I guess it's my fault for trying to run it with a devbuild instead of the stable release. ;P
The main reason the Baron projectiles have the Plasma damage type is because they have visible arcs of lightning inside of them, which are visually similar to the Cacodemon's projectiles (which are also marked as Plasma.) If it ends up throwing a lot of people off, I'll switch it over to using the Fire damage type. Also, it's worth noting that the Heat shield protects from both Fire and Explosive damage types, which would indeed protect you from the Revenant's projectiles. :D

Those errors are concerning. However, I'll wait until a stable release to fix it up, as I'm afraid of making any assumptions based on an in-development version. In the mean time, I would recommend playing it with v4.2.4.
Thorogrimm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Thorogrimm »

Hey, I've noticed that the HUD keeps swapping back to the grey one when I reload the game. Also, the version number in the menu still says '2.1' :wink:
the shrimpy one

Post by the shrimpy one »

This is super late but on GZDoom 4.3.2 the mod isn't able to run.
Spoiler:
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I'm without access to my PC right now, but this looks like all the above functions lack the 'action' keyword, which is required as of the latest GZDoom versions. Something changed internally which makes a self pointer reference the player instead of the weapon which calls the function.
Blackgrowl

Post by Blackgrowl »

Hey, I have the same issues as "the shrimpy one", game keeps staying in menu just to crash with errors indicating 10 DECORATE problems.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

Function without prototype needs register info manually set: Rifle.StateFunction.12
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: Bayonette.StateFunction.11
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: ShotgunBeta.StateFunction.10
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: SuperShotgunBeta.StateFunction.23
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: MachineGun.StateFunction.6
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: MachineGun.StateFunction.10
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: ChaingunBeta.StateFunction.8
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: ChaingunBeta.StateFunction.13
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: ChaingunBeta.StateFunction.16

Execution could not continue.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

GZDoom version g4.3.3 has the same issue as well. Kinda peculiar, but... Graf? Can you explain this?
HLRaven

Post by HLRaven »

Is there a way to fix this without downgrading your version?
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Re: [BUGFIX!] Doom Delta v2.2.1!

Post by DrPyspy »

I have updated the mod to run again! Again! You can find the download on either the first page, or here, along with the current list of changelogs.
Blackgrowl

Post by Blackgrowl »

DrPyspy wrote:I have updated the mod to run again! Again! You can find the download on either the first page, or here, along with the current list of changelogs.
Thanks! it works with the latest GZDoom now.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

the game crashes with this mod in 4th level or so for no reason '
u cant post error here. just goes to console crashes to console
n64q

Post by n64q »

When I was trying to run this in GZDoom Vintage I got this annoying fatal error message. The Vintage Version im using is v.2.2.1 and the Vintage build i'm using is 3.8.2.

Heres the error I got.

DoomDelta_v2.2.1.pk3:zscript/delta/misc_intermission.zsc, line 220: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function drawLF
DoomDelta_v2.2.1.pk3:zscript/delta/misc_intermission.zsc, line 238: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function drawEL
DoomDelta_v2.2.1.pk3:zscript/delta/hud_base.zsc, line 46: Unable to resolve EPrintLevel as type.
DoomDelta_v2.2.1.pk3:zscript/delta/hud_base.zsc, line 46: Invalid type Type for function parameter
DoomDelta_v2.2.1.pk3:zscript/delta/hud_base.zsc, line 46: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function ProcessNotify
DoomDelta_v2.2.1.pk3:zscript/delta/hud_base.zsc, line 77: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function FlushNotify
DoomDelta_v2.2.1.pk3:zscript/delta/hud_base.zsc, line 88: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function DrawChat
PlayerLin
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

n64q wrote:When I was trying to run this in GZDoom Vintage I got this annoying fatal error message. The Vintage Version im using is v.2.2.1 and the Vintage build i'm using is 3.8.2.
If you read the first post, the author clearly said this mod is for latest GZDooM (4.2.4) and I think it won't working on Vintage builds of GZDooM.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”