Page 4 of 142

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - Wep Preview Pg3

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:36 am
by sherberttcat
Unf! Dat Double Barrel...
Image

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - Wep Preview Pg3

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:21 pm
by NullWire
Maybe you can use this for the new monsters

http://imgur.com/AsWWMSg

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - Wep Preview Pg3

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:25 pm
by Doomguy5th
Always looking forward to your projects DBT! This one looks outstanding IMHO!

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - Wep Preview Pg3

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:46 am
by tsukiyomaru0
DBThanatos wrote:
tsukiyomaru0 wrote:Did I see some weapons modifications?!


Nice catch. There are indeed weapon mods.

In fact, here's a quick explanation how they work


Image

Neccronixis wrote:So I'm watching your mod and I'm impressed with what you have done so far; which is why I think I might actually take the weapon attachments like the mini missiles, scope, charged burst for the shotgun etc, and make some sprites for them. I am considering adding sprites for the shotgun, machine gun, plasma rifle and rocket launcher but not the chaingun and Gauss cannon because I feel it's unnecessary and difficult to animate for the time being.

It would be interesting to have the weapon mod drone appear in a stage and you'd need to punch it to have it drop the upgrade it was carrying. But now I'm curious to see what you got in the making.... Any teaser?

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - WIP

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:34 pm
by enderkevin13
DBThanatos wrote:Nice catch. There are indeed weapon mods.

In fact, here's a quick explanation how they work



That quality though <3
Anyways, that looks amazing as far as I can see. Keep up the great work!

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - Wep Preview Pg3

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:19 pm
by DBThanatos
Doomguy5th wrote:Always looking forward to your projects DBT! This one looks outstanding IMHO!

Thank you very much to everyone for the support. It motivates me more to do better than my best

So here's another preview of another two weapons.

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - Wep Preview Pg3

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:34 pm
by enderkevin13
DBThanatos wrote:Thank you very much to everyone for the support. It motivates me more to do better than my best

So here's another preview of another two weapons.

I like it, but can you use the version with the hand? That way, it feels more like the Doom 4 one.

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - Wep Preview Pg3

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:38 pm
by Doomguy5th
DBThanatos wrote:
Doomguy5th wrote:Always looking forward to your projects DBT! This one looks outstanding IMHO!

Thank you very much to everyone for the support. It motivates me more to do better than my best

So here's another preview of another two weapons.

Looks outstanding.

Also I don't think anyone else noticed this, especially in some of your mods like Doomstorm (OK maybe some people have), but are you using a custom pallete set? Because I notice something distinct about Doomstorm regarding color within each video... I don't know if you increased the gamma, so I was just wondering :P

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - New Wep Preview Pg4

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:59 pm
by Cryomundus
Just curious, but are you going to implement upgrades for all the guns? I mean just having it for the SSG is pretty nice, but having that for everything would just be awesome.

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - New Wep Preview Pg4

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:48 pm
by Major Cooke
Cryomundus wrote:Just curious, but are you going to implement upgrades for all the guns? I mean just having it for the SSG is pretty nice, but having that for everything would just be awesome.

Yes.
Doomguy5th wrote:Also I don't think anyone else noticed this, especially in some of your mods like Doomstorm (OK maybe some people have), but are you using a custom pallete set? Because I notice something distinct about Doomstorm regarding color within each video... I don't know if you increased the gamma, so I was just wondering :P

Yeah I believe he did last time I checked. There isn't any custom palettes in this one though.
enderkevin13 wrote:I like it, but can you use the version with the hand? That way, it feels more like the Doom 4 one.

Only if we get to making it dual weildable. Too soon?

Spoiler: No! Don't look! YOU'LL RUIN IT!

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - New Wep Preview Pg4

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:06 pm
by Soul Sucka
This mod is really cool! How did the teaser get so many views though?

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - New Wep Preview Pg4

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:20 pm
by RikohZX
Soul Sucka wrote:This mod is really cool! How did the teaser get so many views though?

PC Gamer covered it apparently, and as a result it's showing up in the actual DOOM newsfeed in Steam libraries.

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - New Wep Preview Pg4

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:37 pm
by DBThanatos
Well, most of the traffic actually came from a Kotaku article. It went from 1k views to 65k in 2 days

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - New Wep Preview Pg4

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:01 pm
by Jeimuzu73
I'm surprised they didn't check out Zion which was out way before the actual game was released. Or even Dumb 4.

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - New Wep Preview Pg4

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:26 am
by DarkQuill
Awesome stuff, looking forward to the release!

If I may ask, what's your process for extracting the sound files? I've looked around a bit but others have only managed to rip music files.