D4D - Announcement in 1st post (Jan 4th 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Accensus

Re: DOOM for DooM (D4D) - WIP

Post by Accensus »

Make sure to release a weapon-only version. The more things you add to the mod, the more you narrow down the number of other stuff you can load with it. If I were you, I'd try to keep compatibility of such mod to a maximum or at least distribute separate versions. Maybe one full and one lite (gunz only). ;)
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Okay, im much more calm now.

For me, it would be better if the monster and player sprites were 2D, not 3D. Well, atleast I know I can play it in the maps I like without breaking them.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Lud wrote:Make sure to release a weapon-only version. The more things you add to the mod, the more you narrow down the number of other stuff you can load with it. If I were you, I'd try to keep compatibility of such mod to a maximum or at least distribute separate versions. Maybe one full and one lite (gunz only). ;)
The only problem is that the Plasma rifle alt fire, where it stuns the monsters, would depend on custom states. So one way or another I have to add "custom" monsters. I suppose I could make it to just damage monsters.
FaggoStorm wrote:For me, it would be better if the monster and player sprites were 2D, not 3D. Well, atleast I know I can play it in the maps I like without breaking them.
Oh that's for sure. Everything will be sprites. The only 3d model Im using is the bullet tracers and only because doing sprite based looks kinda bad.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

DBThanatos wrote:
Lud wrote:Make sure to release a weapon-only version. The more things you add to the mod, the more you narrow down the number of other stuff you can load with it. If I were you, I'd try to keep compatibility of such mod to a maximum or at least distribute separate versions. Maybe one full and one lite (gunz only). ;)
The only problem is that the Plasma rifle alt fire, where it stuns the monsters, would depend on custom states. So one way or another I have to add "custom" monsters. I suppose I could make it to just damage monsters.
FaggoStorm wrote:For me, it would be better if the monster and player sprites were 2D, not 3D. Well, atleast I know I can play it in the maps I like without breaking them.
Oh that's for sure. Everything will be sprites. The only 3d model Im using is the bullet tracers and only because doing sprite based looks kinda bad.
EDIT: Im just going to PM you, as I do not want to fill the thread with a pointless comment.
Last edited by FaggoStorm on Mon May 23, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uninstall

Post by Uninstall »

Absolutely loving it! Very looking forward to it.
Only thing I do not like so far is the camera shake when firing a weapon. But I will mod this out. Thanks a mil for this mod in advance - hands down comrade!
mutator

Re: DOOM(4) for DooM (D4D) - WIP

Post by mutator »

It looks good but CeeJay is already making this mod
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

mutator wrote:It looks good but CeeJay is already making this mod
CeeJay's mod is for 3DGE.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Many people are making their own versions of this mod, no need to pretend there can only be one official version or something.

Personally I really like this one so far.

8-)
mutator

Post by mutator »

yeah people can enjoy doom4 weapons, by the way there will be new zion version i don't know when... who is excited to find out updates for that? It's just great many people are modding.. it cheer me up to have so many mods that I can choose for gameplay :)
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Wow this looks really good, So How do you plan on using the chainsaw?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

What's up with the Super Shotgun? It looks nothing like the DOOM 2016 version, while the rest of the arsenal is practically perfect. I thought I saw a better and more faithful version from the first DOOM in Doom mod... Zion was it? Why not use that one or re-rip the correct sprites from the game?
Yes please!
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Uninstall wrote:Absolutely loving it! Very looking forward to it.
Only thing I do not like so far is the camera shake when firing a weapon. But I will mod this out. Thanks a mil for this mod in advance - hands down comrade!
Yep. Understandable. Just let me assure you if you think the camera shake affects aim, it doesnt, it's a purely aesthetic thing. ;)
Caligari87 wrote:Many people are making their own versions of this mod, no need to pretend there can only be one official version or something.

Personally I really like this one so far.

8-)
QFT. Everyone can make a mod out of the resources posted by Neccronixis. And that's fine. The more, the merrier, right?

I will just continue doing this one until Im happy with it.
Rustygold wrote:Wow this looks really good, So How do you plan on using the chainsaw?
That's a great question. I think Im going the same way doom 4 did: Fuel, one hit kill = tons of ammo dropped. Limited fuel. No crazy animations of chopping a demon in half or anything like that though.
Nevander wrote:What's up with the Super Shotgun? It looks nothing like the DOOM 2016 version, while the rest of the arsenal is practically perfect. I thought I saw a better and more faithful version from the first DOOM in Doom mod... Zion was it? Why not use that one or re-rip the correct sprites from the game?
That's not up to me. I just took the sprites that Neccronixis. Unfortunately I lack the abilities to do a nice rip / conversion with smooth animations. :(
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Well, I'm pretty sure you can sort of simulate a stun effect by making the stun bomb hit the enemies with a repeating invisible AoE that does no damage but has a 100% pain chance... granted I'm also pretty sure that you'd have to still edit the monsters to give that custom damage type that pain chance, but still! Would be easier than adding states with new animations and all that stuff.

If you want to maintain a strict no-monsters rule you could just make it do that without a custom damage type, so that it's less effective against more pain-resistant monsters. Which would make sense, I suppose.
TheDoomctator

Post by TheDoomctator »

Looks promising...I'll wait paciently for this
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Looks way better than before. The sprite creator made a version of the SSG with hands though, so you might wanna use that instead.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”