D4D - Announcement in 1st post (Jan 4th 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cryomundus

Re: D4D - Released! (Download 1st post)

Post by Cryomundus »

MArk's already released the BD monster pack, so all ya gotta do is modify those to mimic the loot/credit drops and you're all set. No need to act so arrogant and rude.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Yes, we're aware of the crashing bug. We just need Blzut3 to update GZDoom on the drdteam website.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Cryomundus wrote:MArk's already released the BD monster pack, so all ya gotta do is modify those to mimic the loot/credit drops and you're all set. No need to act so arrogant and rude.
Who is this directed towards?

If it's to me, I honestly thought Doom 3 Doesn't Suck was just kidding. :P
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

I mean, if he was thinking if directly combining brutal doom itsefl with this, it'll never work. If he want's the monsters and be able to use the currency, then it'll take some work, but you can definitely make that work.

Heck, I've done that with other monster mods, modifying them so they'll work fine with other weapon mods, like adding the drops from Phsycic, or the gems from guncaster. It's doable, it just takes a bit of work and some knowledge of decorate.

But uh, yeah, the HAHAHAHA bit was a little rude yo. Also, yes, it was at you Major Cooke.
Last edited by Cryomundus on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Sounded like sarcasm to me, so I counter sarcasm with sarcasm.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Anyhoo, found a bug.

You can chainsaw poke a cyberdemon when it has low hp (about 500) or so and it'll die, but you won't lose any fuel. (did this when I had 8 fuel and poked it, and I still had 8 afterwards)

Also, I can't seem to chainsaw poke a spiderdemon, even if I have 8 fuel and it has less than 150 hp.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Yeah that has been behaving weirdly...
Almonds

Post by Almonds »

Something I found just about now that seems out of place is that the standard shotgun has an 'accuracy mode' where your view closes in, but... you can't shoot. Was this meant for the SSG's aim-focus thing instead?

also, the chaingun is able to keep on firing without ammo if you keep on holding M1, but the rounds go straight through the enemies. It will sometimes also reach a higher firing speed than the one in D4. Was this made on purpose?

Also^ I mainly meant the standard, mod-less one. Makes sense for the grenade and tripe shot of course, but you're still able to enter it even if no mods are equipped.

EDIT MK2: The rocket addon for the HAR seems to be capable of firing indefinitely. That makes it only almost too sliiiiiiiiiightly ridiculously fun to use. :3:
Last edited by Almonds on Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

No. All that was was just a tiny zoom boost added for the sake of it. So you're aware you're actually holding down the altfire.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Almonds wrote:also, the chaingun is able to keep on firing without ammo if you keep on holding M1, but the rounds go straight through the enemies. It will sometimes also reach a higher firing speed than the one in D4. Was that in on purpose?
Yeah, I noticed the same this morning. I do not recall experiencing it during the beta test, but then again, maybe I just got lucky. :?
Terg500
Location: Is anyone here actually being true about their location?

Post by Terg500 »

Almonds wrote:also, the chaingun is able to keep on firing without ammo if you keep on holding M1, but the rounds go straight through the enemies. It will sometimes also reach a higher firing speed than the one in D4. Was this made on purpose?

EDIT MK2: The rocket addon for the HAR seems to be capable of firing indefinitely. That makes it only almost too sliiiiiiiiiightly ridiculously fun to use. :3:
I noticed the changing firing rate of the chaingun as well, this happened mostly when firing for a long time and my ammo is getting low. And yes the rocket pack addon is pretty overpowered because it doesn't need to reload. :rock:
Also, whould it be possible to make the weapons upgrade menu not part of the world so it cannot interact with it? Because in small corridors and places it gets obstructed by walls, making it impossible to use.

Othwerwise you did a great job and I'm really enjoying the mod so far.

EDIT:
Lovric wrote:Is it just me that have a little problem with the controls?Sometimes it just doesnt respond, like I press MB1 and it doesnt shoot
I checked if there was anything wrong with my mouse and found nothing, and in other games it works fine
Actually I have the same thing. When using the pistol and quickly clicking M2 to shoot the charge fire it often doesn't register my clicks between some shots
Attachments
gzdoom 2016-07-18 14-40-49-19.jpg
Last edited by Terg500 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mutator

Post by mutator »

I didn't like the fact that this mod require latest gzdoom version and my computer don't run it well.. I'm certainly not happy the way they made it.. I was excited to see all good weapon upgrade but whatever. Whoever can run it well enjoy it
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

We stated from the very beginning this mod was intended for the OpenGL renderer in GZDoom. You can disable the renderer if you wish but it'll look like shit, especially the beams. Just enter vid_renderer 0 but it may crash you after you restart. But in that case you might as well just try it alone on ZDoom itself and see if that gives you results without crashing at least.

In the mean time, the chainsaw and chaingun issues are being addressed.
bigboss96

Post by bigboss96 »

After a lot of hours of fun I need to thank the people responsable for making this mod. You did an amazing job and I appreciate it a lot.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Latest gzdoom versions don't work for me

Return to “Gameplay Mods”