[3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons CANCELLED

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheMightyHeracross

Re: [3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons ALPHA BUILD

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Freaklore1 wrote: edit:sorry i just dont like it when a modder make a mod but only for a specific engine/emulator.
Yeah! Damn those ZDoom modders for making all those fancy projects that I can't run in DOOM2.EXE!
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

CeeJay wrote:If anyone has the pistol firing sound from the game or one similar, I sure could use it. Having a hard time finding it myself.
I don't have any of the weapon sounds down yet (there's a room reverb effect on them in Snapmap, which doesn't even have the pistol anyway) but I did record some of the item pickup sounds (and a couple of movement sounds) without any backdrop noise. Hope this helps!
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Any old thing helps. The volume seem little inconsistent between the sounds, but I may find use for them. Thanks.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Wunderful! :D

Anyways, have a screenshot

New HUD, simple and direct. Because I'm lazy.

EDIT: Wondering if I should bring the helmet reflection thingy back or not. What do you guys think ?
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Looks nice! Only thing I'm not huge on is there's no hand supporting the SSG, it looks like it's just floating there, but that's only really a nitpick. It's being held with two hands in Doom 4.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Yutrzenika wrote:Looks nice! Only thing I'm not huge on is there's no hand supporting the SSG, it looks like it's just floating there, but that's only really a nitpick. It's being held with two hands in Doom 4.
That's a problem of the original spriteset that you can find in Resources, not really sure why it was like that myself.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I'll have the SSG lowered by around 10 pixels
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

Is this going to be for the best source port ever simply known as "GZ3dgeronum" Only PC warriors and alpha males play that wonderful source port. 8-)
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

This is really cool!! Having a lot of fun with this.

C'mon guys, those who dis my port - has anyone actually tried it? It isn't that bad! It just seems like it is getting undeserving flak from the locals here. Randi/Graf/WW didnt have an issue making the 3DGE thread a permanent sticky, so why do people have such a problem? Is it having to load up another port or something?

Anyways...maybe the rules should indeed be mended to include a clause for 3DGE. People need to realize that it can get demoralizing, even for me.

It is nice to see more 3DGE mods, and I expect them to be on the rise after 2.1.0 gets pushed out properly (get ready for some welcoming changes) . CeeJay, your skills are improving hardcore, my friend :)

:-)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I actually really like a lot of the mods for 3DGE, I think it's just hard to ween yourself off the big 2 main ones. Hopefully people will keep making more cool mods like this to increase awareness of the port.
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons BETA #1

Post by CeeJay »

Beta released. 8-)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zbmhb ... _beta1.zip

Note: I replaced the berserk pack with the soulsphere since there are no fists any more. Apart from the berserk power-up, the items have the same effect (restore health to 100%).
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons DONE (for now)

Post by CeeJay »

My birthday gift to you...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g3x84 ... /d4wpn.zip

I am not entirely satisfied with the end result, but whatever.

Enjoy!
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

So just to say something short and sweet on the edge thing: It's not a bad engine. Its actually a good engine, particularly for modders because the DDF code system is much more user friendly. I know, i've used it to make a few mods. I have no problem playing a mod in edge if its a good one, and ceejay seems to be one of the best still around. 3dge is even better than standard edge and eliminates alot of bugs and extends features that the original did not, you can thank Coraline for that.
That being said...
I think that its a worthy consideration if someone wanted to port it over, im sure that he would not mind allowing it if someone approached him. I do see this topic come up alot, and not once have I ever seen anyone willing to try to do a port.
The only project i ever saw ported from Edge to GZDOOM was Immoral Conduct, which i was proud to have a minor role in content editing so i think its appropriate to suggest that from now on, instead of asking or suggesting the author make a port, offer to lend a hand or contribute some code toward a port.

Finally:

I like this; I feel like all the weapons perform pretty close to the new Doom but i'd have to test it some more and look more diligently. I would like to see some powerups and pickup items from new doom as well though, and some of the weapon mods.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I believe the mod will remain somewhat minuscule due to my lack of motivation lately and the fact that I haven't even played the new DOOM. Item replacements may become a thing, however.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”