[3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons CANCELLED

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons DONE (for now)

Post by wildweasel »

Coraline wrote:Yeah it is all good! You are going about it civil-minded, but there are indeed Zdooom versions of these as well..

I vote we have a stickied thread, "Regarding EDGE/3DGE projects" so we can banish the trolling once and for all...cause if not, it might be best if we pack up? I hate to cause drama..
I keep hoping people will eventually figure it out. In an ideal world, though, we wouldn't get "why doesn't it run on GZDoom" but rather "hey, can I port this to GZDoom for you?"
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

The issue is not in Coraline, or even the mod itself for that matter. The actual problem comes from the inconsideration of the trolls. No sticky thread will fix it, just as with the BD thread - the hardcore trolls ignore everything. Unfortunately, only a ban will help, be it temporal or permanent.

EDIT: I'm surprised that such people are still tolerated. Any specific reason for that? For the record, I, myself, have a big tolerance even for trolls because I don't like drastic measures unless there's no other way. But this...we're talking about cross-thread rapid-trolling here. Can't get much worse than that, tbqh. (Not talking about Nevander's post btw.)
Last edited by Accensus on Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Coraline wrote:I vote we have a stickied thread, "Regarding EDGE/3DGE projects" so we can banish the trolling once and for all...
I was thinking something similar recently, though it shouldn't even be needed. (Then again, most of the rules probably shouldn't...) If it were up to me you'd have your own subforum.

But no, none of the crap-slinging is your fault in any way, and seeing you shut down is the purpose of all of it. I know it's too easy to say "don't let it get to you," but I know a lot of us have been through the same thing. There's enough people that love what you're doing, so think of them instead. You could be making their day. Go ahead and feel heroic about that if you want to, there's nothing wrong with that. ;)
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Could we get back to the topic at hand.

Working on version 2 and I am trying to replace the weapons with the true color (16 million) sprites, but like I mentioned Slade don't work for me and I an unable to edit/work with those images myself (old computer, outdated software). I need offsets.

EDIT: I was able to get the 256 color sprites by using some of the animated GIFs as a base
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons CANCELLED

Post by CeeJay »

Project has been cancelled...

DOWNLOAD LINK (V2): http://www.mediafire.com/download/0bs47 ... wpn_v2.zip
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

How come? Any particular reason for this? It was going quite well, to be honest. Why quit now?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

For a number of reasons.

But one of which is because I can't figure out a not-so tedious way of offsetting the true color sprites.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

So I just thought of this: Would Danimator be any help? Its preview mode actually has an advantage over Slade, as it gives you a Y-adjusted crosshair to aim the sprite at.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Somewhat, it brings me part-way. 3DGE doesn't support PNGs with included offsets, so it needs to be typed in manually in the image definition file. And 3DGE centers all images from the get-go so that needs to be taken into consideration with the calculations.
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

@CJ: Included offsets? Not sure what you mean -- if I have a better idea I can take a look at it.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Coraline wrote:@CJ: Included offsets? Not sure what you mean -- if I have a better idea I can take a look at it.
PNGs can store offsets in one of their 'chunks', not sure exactly how.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Hellser wrote:PNGs can store offsets in one of their 'chunks', not sure exactly how.
It's called [wiki]GrAb[/wiki]. You can set it up with some editors/tools.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

What I'd want to figure out is why CeeJay can't seem to make SLADE work. Is it some compatibility issue?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I got it working... But when I quit I got an error message. And it screwed up my wad. So I ain't touching it again.
mutator

Post by mutator »

I'm kinda sad that you didn't wanna work on the mod anymore :( you were doing great job at all of it and I was looking forward to play next release :) I think you should not give up with this because it took me like 5 years to figure out mapping when I first started it... I didn't have internet back then so I had to figure out everything on my own and there was no video tutorial I could watch since I had no internet available to help me learn faster. Not giving up is key to success my friend, I suggest you to keep going but if you have lost interest in modding then I hope you find better thing that you will enjoy better

Return to “Gameplay Mods”