[3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons CANCELLED

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

[3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons CANCELLED

Post by CeeJay »

A DOOM (4) inspired weapons mod. Works with Doom and Doom 2 and requires the 3DGE sourceport.

This project has been cancelled, downloaded link to latest (last) build below.
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0bs47 ... wpn_v2.zip

CREDITS:
id Software
Neccronixis (weapon sprites)
Zrrion (helmet HUD)
Bethesda Softworks
3D Realms
Sergeant Mark IV
Kinsie
Zion
Last edited by CeeJay on Tue May 24, 2016 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
ZioMcCall

Re: [3DGE] DOOM (4) weapons ALPHA BUILD

Post by ZioMcCall »

No Zandronum or GzDoom?Just a word:Seriously?
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Mmm...seem's im not the only one who dont want to 'deal with it'.

edit:sorry i just dont like it when a modder make a mod but only for a specific engine/emulator.
Last edited by Freaklore1 on Sat May 14, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ZioMcCall wrote:No Zandronum or GzDoom?Just a word:Seriously?
Let's NOT start this again.

[edit] By the way, editing your post just to "get in the last word" is still dragging out an argument that shouldn't even be taking place. The ZDoom forums DOES accept mods that are not for ZDoom. Ergo, I'm with CeeJay - deal with it.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Freaklore1 wrote:Mmm...seem's im not the only one who dont want to 'deal with it'.

edit:sorry i just dont like it when a modder make a mod but only for a specific engine/emulator.
Well, that's honestly too damn bad - it's not your choice who makes what mod for which source port, especially since they do it for free so that you can play them at all. I'm sure someone will want to make another D4 mod for Zandro or GZ eventually, and if that isn't good enough, you can learn how to do it yourself.

On-topic: The armor indicator appears misaligned - is this intentional?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

i know this seems kinda silly, but every time, every time someone releases an edge mod, this topic of conversation appears. It happens in my mods, it happens in ceejay's mods, it happened with runsaber's mods too.

at this point we all know this is the zdoom forums, it is. Its also the most active forum for modding beyond maps out there. The edge forums, as decent as they are, are nowhere near as active, and we tried the off topic areas before and they got buried far away. Couple this fact that a heck ton of ppl who modded for zdoom used to mod for edge and play that stuff and it ends up being that this forum is more of a place for basically fancy modding. Its really annoying and quite frankly even a bit of a morale/buzz kill. Wont even try the mod before asking for these things.

Please folks juist, just stop asking for a zdoom version for a mod clearly labeled edge. Its deterring the focus on the actual mod itself, and from the little bits i've played of this, this plays like hella fine man.
Big C

Post by Big C »

I think we should add another stickied rule saying not to pester EDGE/3DGE modders to make non-EDGE/3DGE ports.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

TheRailgunner wrote:
Freaklore1 wrote:On-topic: The armor indicator appears misaligned - is this intentional?
No, the HUD is among the things that aren't finished yet.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Shouldn't the pistol have infinite ammo?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Shouldn't the pistol have infinite ammo?
Yep. The pistol will be closer to its source and the fist will be removed. Keep in mind, it's only an early work-in-progress. If anyone has the pistol firing sound from the game or one similar, I sure could use it. Having a hard time finding it myself.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

Another solid 3DGE mod from CeeJay.

Waiting for future updates!
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

The helmet reflection thing looks cool, but I think it should be a little more transparent(it sticks out too much in dark areas). Anyways, cool stuff.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Ok,1 i didnt edited my post because i wanted to have the last word,i just forgot to add that when i originaly posted that.

S econdly,i was going to not leave a comment like that and left the thread alone until i saw that 'deal with it' quote wich got on my nerves,he could had written it more politely.

Finally,why are you always harsh with me WildWeasel,im trying my best to be polite and follows the rules when you or someone point it to me when i've done something wrong and learn from those mistakes.
But with some of the harshness i saw from some of the members in the forums,it's difficult to converse.
TheDoomctator

Post by TheDoomctator »

I agree with most...Only 3DGE is quite a bad move,but heck look at it,its quite well made!
But i seriously would like it at least for gzdoom because well its kinda on the name of the godamm forum...even though again i can live with that
Hope to see more of this like the monster and MAYBE glory kills (Because coding right?)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Freaklore1 wrote:S econdly,i was going to not leave a comment like that and left the thread alone until i saw that 'deal with it' quote wich got on my nerves,he could had written it more politely.
CeeJay has had this exact argument crop up in every single one of his mod threads. I'd expect he's getting quite tired of it by now.
Finally,why are you always harsh with me WildWeasel,im trying my best to be polite and follows the rules when you or someone point it to me when i've done something wrong and learn from those mistakes.
But with some of the harshness i saw from some of the members in the forums,it's difficult to converse.
I'm harsh with everyone lately. You are not in a unique position.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”