Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Postby Cheater87 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:49 pm

I did notice the berserk pack doesn't replace the health pack icon on the hud when alt hud is enabled in this new update.
Cheater87
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2017

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Postby LedIris » Tue May 03, 2022 8:41 pm

Cheater87 wrote:I did notice the berserk pack doesn't replace the health pack icon on the hud when alt hud is enabled in this new update.


Oops! i also noticed this just now. Should hopefully be fixed in the next update if i can track that down. :)
Also just quickly updated the OP to add Fireseth's WoS SSG mod to the addons section because i forgot. :D
LedIris
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2013

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Postby Vermifuge » Thu May 05, 2022 8:37 pm

I noticed that at one point plasmagun alt-fire railgun projectiles would pierce... would you consider bringing it back? If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I suggest making it so if the projectile kills, whatever damage wasn't soaked by the target continues through until it hits another target and so on. It would go a long way towards digging out the plasma gun's niche, since there's a bit of overlap with other weapons that fill the rapid-fire sustained damage role.
User avatar
Vermifuge
 
Joined: 18 Apr 2022
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Postby Nems » Fri May 06, 2022 7:29 pm

So I'm currently playing this and I have to say I really love how punchy all of the guns sound. Everything feels like it has power behind it. Even the pistol feels damn satisfying to use. :D

I do have two suggestions though:

1) Could you set it up so that voxels are disabled by default? Currently they're enabled each time I start or continue a game and it's a little aggravating to have to turn them back off. Not a deal breaker, mind you, just kind of a hindrance. :P
2) Is it possible to add a CVAR that disables the custom keys? I have "Always Show Keys" set to On in the Automap Options and I'm guessing the keys don't show up on the automap because of that. Also not a deal breaker but it is a bit of a hindrance. :P

Look forward to future updates for this. <3
User avatar
Nems
"small monster loops"
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Location: Your forum thread
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Postby -Ghost- » Fri May 06, 2022 9:35 pm

I'd second that, I honestly just turn the voxels off as well.
User avatar
-Ghost-
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2010

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Postby FelesNoctis » Fri May 13, 2022 9:59 pm

While building HUD support for this in my latest project, I came across an issue. When I asked about it, Weasel told me that starting an actor name with a number is no longer supported, likely due to ZScript. Referencing the "9mmAmmo" is problematic because of this.

image_2022-05-13_205304796.png


I've written a workaround for my project for display purposes, mirroring the ammo with my own in ACS for tracking, but I figured I'd toss this at you. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
FelesNoctis
 
Joined: 18 Apr 2020
Discord: Feles Noctis#9086
Github ID: FelesNoctis
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Postby LedIris » Mon May 23, 2022 12:44 am

Nems wrote:So I'm currently playing this and I have to say I really love how punchy all of the guns sound. Everything feels like it has power behind it. Even the pistol feels damn satisfying to use. :D

Thank you! I really appreciate the love! My personal favourite is the SSG, that double fire never gets old.
Vermifuge wrote:I noticed that at one point plasmagun alt-fire railgun projectiles would pierce... would you consider bringing it back? If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I suggest making it so if the projectile kills, whatever damage wasn't soaked by the target continues through until it hits another target and so on. It would go a long way towards digging out the plasma gun's niche, since there's a bit of overlap with other weapons that fill the rapid-fire sustained damage role.

This is a cool idea! I'll see what i can come up with.
Nems wrote:1) Could you set it up so that voxels are disabled by default? Currently they're enabled each time I start or continue a game and it's a little aggravating to have to turn them back off. Not a deal breaker, mind you, just kind of a hindrance. :P
2) Is it possible to add a CVAR that disables the custom keys? I have "Always Show Keys" set to On in the Automap Options and I'm guessing the keys don't show up on the automap because of that. Also not a deal breaker but it is a bit of a hindrance. :P

-Ghost- wrote:I'd second that, I honestly just turn the voxels off as well.

I've been thinking of just making the voxels a separate addon file similar to the already existing bloody chainsaw and WoS SSG so that they can be loaded alongside the mod instead. For the keys i can add a cvar for that :)
FelesNoctis wrote:While building HUD support for this in my latest project, I came across an issue. When I asked about it, Weasel told me that starting an actor name with a number is no longer supported, likely due to ZScript. Referencing the "9mmAmmo" is problematic because of this.

Fixed this on my end! This will be in the next build, thank you for the heads up :D
LedIris
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2013

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Postby Nems » Mon May 23, 2022 12:49 pm

LedIris wrote:I've been thinking of just making the voxels a separate addon file similar to the already existing bloody chainsaw and WoS SSG so that they can be loaded alongside the mod instead. For the keys i can add a cvar for that :)


Nice. Thank you! :D

Something else that came to me as I was playing was the fact that I felt like the max ammo for the minigun is currently pretty low (150 without backpack, 300 with). I feel like it could be bumped up more (I was thinking 300 without backpack, 600 with) though this could be because I love my dakka. :P I don't think this would cause an ammo imbalance but I could be wrong. :P
User avatar
Nems
"small monster loops"
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Location: Your forum thread
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoneofMalkav, I Know Vort-Fu, Pandut, PresBarackbar and 17 guests