Led's Generic Weapon Mod (HOTFIX Dec 20 2020)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (HOTFIX Dec 20 2020)

Postby Okinell » Mon May 31, 2021 4:32 pm

Hello.

Just wanted to say a couple of things:

1. This mod is fantastic. it certainly was a little bit difficult to get the gasp of the reload mechanism but later it became second nature :D . It really forces you to think carefully and consider your options about weaponry and how to approach certain enemies.

2. I wanted to try this in the GZDoom 4.4.2 and it says :
"Script error, "led's generic weapons mod.pk3:menudef.txt" line 23: Too many parameters for OptionMenuItemSlider".
I'm only using that mod with a doom 2 vanilla wad.

Now, I know that it needs GZDoom 4.5 at minimum to work. Thing is that I tested it in LZDoom (3.8.7 x86 (32bits)) and it works flawlessly. I don't know if it is a bug related to the GZDOOM version or something else. Can you check it out?.

Other than that....AMAZING mod. It truly gives that vibe of modern FPS while maintains the vanilla doom flavor XD.
Okinell

Postby Armolitskiy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:21 am

I love this mod.
Armolitskiy

Discord: Armolitskiy#4866
Github ID: ArmolitskiyCarpoeb
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Okinell » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:57 am

Okinell wrote:Hello.

Just wanted to say a couple of things:

1. This mod is fantastic. it certainly was a little bit difficult to get the gasp of the reload mechanism but later it became second nature :D . It really forces you to think carefully and consider your options about weaponry and how to approach certain enemies.

2. I wanted to try this in the GZDoom 4.4.2 and it says :
"Script error, "led's generic weapons mod.pk3:menudef.txt" line 23: Too many parameters for OptionMenuItemSlider".
I'm only using that mod with a doom 2 vanilla wad.

Now, I know that it needs GZDoom 4.5 at minimum to work. Thing is that I tested it in LZDoom (3.8.7 x86 (32bits)) and it works flawlessly. I don't know if it is a bug related to the GZDOOM version or something else. Can you check it out?.

Other than that....AMAZING mod. It truly gives that vibe of modern FPS while maintains the vanilla doom flavor XD.

After doing some research, I've found the way to fix the problem. I just had to rewrite the faulty lines of code(23 and 25 from menudef.txt) so they fit accordingly to the GZDoom 4.4.2 standards.

Anyway here is the file. Hope you like it.

https://mega.nz/file/eEcTUAqY#l35rs-nViEAn-Hy-_MBn-QELG995_GOT3Ksqadubx6Y
Okinell

Postby MJM247 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:08 pm

Would you be able to add a way to maybe customize how much ammo we get for the assault rifle? It's the reason I use the pack but the ammo is so scarce.
MJM247

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods