Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 8th September)

Postby LedIris » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:31 am

Captain J wrote:It's true that rail attack doesn't do much damage and it costs 20 cells in each shot too. You can kill pinky in 2 shots, it's slightly stronger than vanilla shotgun direct hit. Also sometimes you can kill it in one shot, but it doesn't happen often. And it doesn't have decal at all.

I guess I can try increasing the damage to see if it would be a little bit more useful. Now that I think about it, it does feel a little bit weak.

Also now i'm seeing it; Why do i feel assault rifle's fire sound effect seems less loud and powerful than other weapons? Raise the volume, maybe?

Done and will be adding in next update, as well as the missing railgun decal. :)
LedIris

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Hey man, i haven't downloaded the last update, but you said a while back you wanted some different ammo pickup sounds. Mind if i send you some?
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby LedIris » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:13 pm

GAA1992 wrote:Hey man, i haven't downloaded the last update, but you said a while back you wanted some different ammo pickup sounds. Mind if i send you some?

Sure! Go right ahead. :)
LedIris

Postby Boomstick » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Not a fan of the BFG's firing animation, other than that though this is awesome.
Boomstick

Postby Captain J » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:01 pm

I kinda agree, it still smoothly shakes even it releases the bfg blast. It's a pretty weird sight.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby LedIris » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:29 am

Boomstick wrote:Not a fan of the BFG's firing animation, other than that though this is awesome.

CaptainJ wrote:I kinda agree, it still smoothly shakes even it releases the bfg blast. It's a pretty weird sight.

I'll remove the offsets that make it shake when it releases the BFG blast. Should I keep the shaking while charging, though? :?:
LedIris

Postby Captain J » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:12 am

Yes, please!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Boomstick » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:45 pm

LedIris wrote:
Boomstick wrote:Not a fan of the BFG's firing animation, other than that though this is awesome.

CaptainJ wrote:I kinda agree, it still smoothly shakes even it releases the bfg blast. It's a pretty weird sight.

I'll remove the offsets that make it shake when it releases the BFG blast. Should I keep the shaking while charging, though? :?:

I like the shaking.
By the way, the plasma rifle acts a bit weird while invulnerability is on. (not sure about the other weapons)
Boomstick

Postby BobBarker » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:46 am

I really like this blend of mods. Bookmarked.
BobBarker

Postby LedIris » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Boomstick wrote:
LedIris wrote:

I like the shaking.
By the way, the plasma rifle acts a bit weird while invulnerability is on. (not sure about the other weapons)

OK. I'll keep the charging shaking, then.
Could you explain what happens with the plasma rifle when invulnerability is on? I'll try and fix whatever is wrong with it.

BobBarker wrote:I really like this blend of mods. Bookmarked.

:wub:
LedIris

Postby Boomstick » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:39 pm

hmm.. kind of hard to explain, Ill record a video of it and get back to you once I upload it.
Boomstick

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 17th September)

Postby LedIris » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:00 am

Updated,
-Increased damage on the Railgun attack
-New clip sounds added (thanks to GAA1992!)
-Removed the shaking when firing BFG (but still shakes when charging up)

I hope the Railgun feels a bit better, now. Have fun! :)
LedIris

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 3rd October)

Postby LedIris » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:45 am

Updated! Sorry it took so long, it's been a little bit crazy around here.
-Optimized some of the ACS code
-Assault rifle's firing sounds are a bit louder now (forgot to do this last build)
-The railgun attack also has a decal now

I'm sorry that these changes are very big, but I hope it's OK. Have fun! :)
LedIris

Postby Samarai1000 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:10 pm

I absolutely love this mod. All of the weapons are very satisfying to use, well, except for the pistol, but I understand it's supposed to feel underpowered and a little dinky. I understand this is meant to be purely a weapon mod, but maybe some optional changes could be made to enemies, as well? I just mean something like them 'using' the same weapons you are, in the sense that they also have to reload, have the same gunfire sfx, that kind of thing. Nothing major (like brutal doom, ugh.), but you get the idea. Anyways, this is great.
Samarai1000
No better than bigots, apparently.

Discord: #7919
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby LedIris » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 am

Samarai1000 wrote:I absolutely love this mod. All of the weapons are very satisfying to use, well, except for the pistol, but I understand it's supposed to feel underpowered and a little dinky. I understand this is meant to be purely a weapon mod, but maybe some optional changes could be made to enemies, as well? I just mean something like them 'using' the same weapons you are, in the sense that they also have to reload, have the same gunfire sfx, that kind of thing. Nothing major (like brutal doom, ugh.), but you get the idea. Anyways, this is great.

I was thinking of making some optional enemy changes, but I never really got around to it. I thought about it quite early on, but I wanted to keep the mod as a pure weapon mod. I did implement some enemy changes in a very early mod of mine, so I might add those back in at some point. :wink:
LedIris

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods