Page 6 of 33

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:17 pm
by President People
Deviluke Roy wrote:Wait, doesn't this guy ever think about when he needs to fight something underwater? Why doesn't he use his fists?

Oh, he can use his fists underwater, alright. Bungie made full use of them in Marathon 2, where we didn't even have the KKV yet.

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:22 pm
by Rezulux
Aaaaand here's a Katarn hotfix to work with v0.333: Beta Version 1.1 Hotfix - 2.32 MB

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:34 pm
by Scuba Steve
Image I have a cleaned up version of the gold eagle I drew a while ago.

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:12 pm
by EnsaladaDeTomate
Btw Kinsie, you should update BJ player sprites, because the current ones look pretty awfull

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33447&start=240#p797888

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:42 pm
by torridgristle
Scuba Steve wrote:Image I have a cleaned up version of the gold eagle I drew a while ago.


Perspective on the radiation symbol is off, making the gun look bent to me. I'm following the horizontal line through the middle of the symbol.

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:11 am
by Oberron
Somebody add Prisoner 849 (and other Unreal player models)
Reality check: Prisoner 849 (model name Gina) is likely to be the main character.. But whatever, add the rest in sprite format.

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:39 am
by FaggoStorm
How do you clean the old Samsara CVARS on Zandronum? And will I lose important data or erase my normal Doom CVARS?

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:17 am
by Doctrine Gamer
Which command to delete the old CVARS ?

Pickup Style given problem, only appears in the Old -Style but my GZDoom is selected for Hybrid.

A problem which occurs in Zandronum but i use GZDoom.

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:59 am
by FaggoStorm
Already cleaned the CVARS, but this error appears:

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "samsara-v0.333-beta.pk3:decorate/doomguy/fist.dec" line 11:
"inventory.restrictedto" is an unknown actor property"

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:12 am
by YukiHerz
Update your sourceport.

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:13 am
by FaggoStorm
But im using the most recent version of Zandronum, 2.1.2.

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:34 am
by YukiHerz
This mod works with Zandronum 3.0, not the current 2.x release of it.
http://zandronum.com/download.
Scroll down to Development Builds.

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:34 pm
by scroton
Kinsie wrote:to fix the Skulltag-era idiocy that forced two distinct versions of the mod to be developed without complete compatibility with each other. This build should run properly in both GZDoom and Zandronum 3.0.


How are you handling the cases of intentional desync in the zandronum version for things like bloodyhell and cl_noeffects?

From what I understand, aren't the methods for reducing traffic (I don't compsci so this may be wrong word) for zand and ZDoom at odds? Since in zand you want an actor to spawn a bunch of effects actors from the server actor, and the effects actors are all clientsided and depending upon clientside cvars they actually show up or not whereas in ZDoom you want the actor itself (which would be server side if there was server side in ZDoom) to just not spawn the actors to begin with, since they still affect things just by being spawned since they can't be clientsided.

I suppose you could get around this by having all spawning being done via ACS instead of decorate. Does ZDoom ignore the clientside keyword for scripts like it does the decorate flag or does it just not execute them?

Forgive my not knowing the proper terms, and this may not even be an issue. Also this may have already been addressed but I haven't read the entire thread.

[edit]: Realized you could just have a server cvar to control which method to use, and that's probably what you're already doing. You can probably disregard this post.

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:12 am
by Kinsie
scroton wrote:
Kinsie wrote:to fix the Skulltag-era idiocy that forced two distinct versions of the mod to be developed without complete compatibility with each other. This build should run properly in both GZDoom and Zandronum 3.0.


How are you handling the cases of intentional desync in the zandronum version for things like bloodyhell and cl_noeffects?

From what I understand, aren't the methods for reducing traffic (I don't compsci so this may be wrong word) for zand and ZDoom at odds? Since in zand you want an actor to spawn a bunch of effects actors from the server actor, and the effects actors are all clientsided and depending upon clientside cvars they actually show up or not whereas in ZDoom you want the actor itself (which would be server side if there was server side in ZDoom) to just not spawn the actors to begin with, since they still affect things just by being spawned since they can't be clientsided.

I suppose you could get around this by having all spawning being done via ACS instead of decorate. Does ZDoom ignore the clientside keyword for scripts like it does the decorate flag or does it just not execute them?

Forgive my not knowing the proper terms, and this may not even be an issue. Also this may have already been addressed but I haven't read the entire thread.

[edit]: Realized you could just have a server cvar to control which method to use, and that's probably what you're already doing. You can probably disregard this post.
For Bloodyhell, I have two versions of the cvar - a clientside one for Zandro, and a server-side one for ZDoom. When the map loads, the game does a quick test (SpawnForced-ing a Doomsphere) to check which port the game running in, and sets a CVAR for future reference. Any script that references bloodyhell checks for this CVAR first, then diverts to the "proper" bloodyhell CVAR. There's also a script that, if running in ZDoom, syncs the serverside cvars up to the clientside ones, to keep things all nice and transparent to the end user.

There's probably a cleaner way to do this, but this was the one that fixed all the bugs caused by the different interpretations of user CVARs for me.

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:08 am
by ijon
Kinsie wrote:For Bloodyhell, I have two versions of the cvar - a clientside one for Zandro, and a server-side one for ZDoom. When the map loads, the game does a quick test (SpawnForced-ing a Doomsphere) to check which port the game running in, and sets a CVAR for future reference.


but the doomsphere doesn't actually exist without skulltag_actors.pk3 loaded - at the very least it shouldn't, because it's a skulltag actor

a better test would be to check if a SetDBEntry actually does something - that's what dakka does, and there's no chance of that being misled

Code: Select allExpand view
SetDBEntry("samsarabutts", "iszand", 1);
int IsZand = GetDBEntry("samsarabutts", "iszand") == 1;


unless zdoom implements databases, but I know that'll never happen so I'm not worried