Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Postby Kinsie » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:23 pm

SiFi270 wrote:Would it be any easier to imitate vanilla Duke3D's questionable way of doing it, by reloading whenever the number of bullets reaches a multiple of 12 rather than checking if 12 shots have been fired?

Probably, but it'd require a deep-dive into fucked-up reverse-synthfire that was literally written in a drug-fuelled haze.
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby StroggVorbis » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:59 am

Ranger's nails seem to be blocked by 3D floors if fired below them. Rockets and other projectiles seem unaffected and behave normally.

Also, firing the thunderbolt obscures whatever you're aiming at due to a tremendous amount of particles.
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby MrJesseMoore » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:05 pm

Kinsie wrote:EDIT: I found a proper fix! But it requires the use of CountInv, which Zandro doesn't have. Sweet.

Could you share with me how you scripted this? I like using samsara with some tweaks to play doom maps with duke.
MrJesseMoore

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:48 pm

Was playing Compendium with Samsara, and the game started crawling to a total halt. Something with ACSThinker is eventually causing the game to grind to a total halt in some cases. Compendium, Realms of Chaos, with Duke. Happens on both the latest stable and latest dev build.

Unsure if there's a simple solution to this, but it renders it fairly unusable for me.
Silentdarkness12
Level 7: ZScript Victim

Postby Chloroxite » Wed May 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Alright I have been having an odd issue trying to join any server using this mod. During startup, zandronum encounters a fatal error, and states the following:
Execution could not continue.

Script error, "samsara-v0.3666-beta.pk3:cvarinfo.txt" line 69:
cvar 'samsara_cl_expparticles' already exists

Remove 'samsara_cl_expparticles' and all other conflicting cvars from your ini and restart Zandronum to continue.

However when I look in my .ini file for zandronum, it is nowhere to be found, indeed I had already wiped the samsara cvars from it in attempt to fix it, but it didn't fix anything and it continues complaining about this.
When other people try and join the server, it loads up fine for them. I have no idea what is going on, and any help would be appreciated.
Chloroxite

Discord: #8429

Postby wildweasel » Wed May 15, 2019 6:28 pm

Ensure that Samsara isn't being loaded twice by accident.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Chloroxite » Wed May 15, 2019 6:33 pm

wildweasel wrote:Ensure that Samsara isn't being loaded twice by accident.

It is only being opened once.
Chloroxite

Discord: #8429

Postby StroggVorbis » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:58 am

DabbingSquidward wrote:Ranger's nails seem to be blocked by 3D floors if fired below them. Rockets and other projectiles seem unaffected and behave normally.

Also, firing the thunderbolt obscures whatever you're aiming at due to a tremendous amount of particles.

Found the cause and solution. The nails' height was 0, which is treated by 3D floors as infinite. Simply change it to 1 and voila.
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods