Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rhiannon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hacx & Harmony Wads

Post by Rhiannon »

Doctrine Dark wrote:
The Riet wrote:
Doctrine Dark wrote:The Riet , loved you brought this character from Star Wars for Samsara , now how do him appear in Hacx Hacx 1.2, apparently the mod works but when selecting it does not appear .
Katarn isn't compatible with Hacx because Samsara isn't compatible with Hacx.
Hacx I use a compatibility patch https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/114 ... _patch.pk3

For Wad Harmony use another compatibility patch .. Katarn work normally in Harmony.

I found strange work in this and the other does not since both wads use compatibility patch.
Then you would need an additional compatibility patch for Katarn to work with Hacx, and I probably won't be the one to make it, sorry.
Doctrine Gamer

Re: Samsara - 0.32 - This Version's Kinda Grosse...

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

The Riet
Then you would need an additional compatibility patch for Katarn to work with Hacx, and I probably won't be the one to make it, sorry.
No problem, I thought it was compatible because of the patch but it was already clear that not. :thumb:
Last edited by Doctrine Gamer on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Infirnex

Post by Infirnex »

That patch won't work with this update most likely.

This update seemed to change a lot of structure and code. Previous mods, as such, probably won't work.
EnsaladaDeTomate

Post by EnsaladaDeTomate »

The Riet wrote:Which is a good segue into mentioning that I do plan on updating Kyle Katarn to work with the new version, just gotta refamiliarize myself with Slade and all that since it's been a while.
Btw, you should look at the balance changes that EX HA made to katarn, since his old balance was lolnope

(Also, if you read below, ull notice that Katarn also has gldefs too)
Last edited by EnsaladaDeTomate on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
EnsaladaDeTomate

Medicris wrote:I'm just writing this here to say I'm glad this old mod's being picked up and dusted off again (for both ports, no less)!

That being said, the Quake nailgun's recoil still jackhammers the camera into the ceiling among a few other things.
http://pastebin.com/48D0Znfj
Iirc, we added gldefs for both addon and vanilla classes in EX HA too. (Some might need a bit of polish btw)

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Also, you should take a look at this for Parias:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX3w3G__Fno

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37623

Also, Duke Freezethrower had a chance to go blank for a couple of frames if you spammed the fire button without holding it (cant remember if you also had to kept holding the alt fire button)

Btw, Donald made some changes to Duke so he looks even closer to his original game iirc -- http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... e-v0.1.pk3

Some of his changes:
Spoiler:
Last edited by EnsaladaDeTomate on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhiannon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro

Post by Rhiannon »

EnsaladaDeTomate wrote:Btw, you should look at the balance changes that EX HA made to katarn, since his old balance was lolnope
...EX HA?

If you're referring to his balance in extraheroes, other than agreeing to allow him to be added to the pack, I had no control over his implementation nor am I sure which version of the addon is used for his weapon values, but from what I hear it was before I significantly changed the addon's balance, including how the Concussion Rifle worked. I'm a huge fan of balance and fine-tuning weapons, so I want to make sure none of his weapons are any more or less useful than any of the other heroes in the Samsara roster.

Which is another good segue into releasing a new update, including even more balance changes: Katarn Beta Version 1.1 - 2.32 MB

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Please go and test things out, especially in DM because I have a woefully lacking amount of DM feedback about Kyle and I'm not the type to play DM, but I wanna make sure things are all kosher across the board!
EnsaladaDeTomate

The Riet wrote:
EnsaladaDeTomate wrote:Btw, you should look at the balance changes that EX HA made to katarn, since his old balance was lolnope
...EX HA?

If you're referring to his balance in extraheroes, other than agreeing to allow him to be added to the pack, I had no control over his implementation nor am I sure which version of the addon is used for his weapon values, but from what I hear it was before I significantly changed the addon's balance, including how the Concussion Rifle worked. I'm a huge fan of balance and fine-tuning weapons, so I want to make sure none of his weapons are any more or less useful than any of the other heroes in the Samsara roster.

Which is another good segue into releasing a new update, including even more balance changes: Katarn Beta Version 1.1 - 2.32 MB

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Please go and test things out, especially in DM because I have a woefully lacking amount of DM feedback about Kyle and I'm not the type to play DM, but I wanna make sure things are all kosher across the board!

Ex Ha = Extra Heroes (not samsara addons anymore)

Here: http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... sfix24.pk3

Changes:
Spoiler:
President People

Post by President People »

Kinsie wrote:
  • Integrated the Marathon Shell Casings sound code PresidentPeople sent over. I dunno if he made it, but he sent it over. Long story short, shell casing sounds after you fire the SMG or AR for a bit and let go.
I did make it. It was apparently already in at some point in the past, but was then eaten (My implementation was subsequently eaten again, and so here we are).

I was rather pleased that the quirk with releasing the trigger just before reloading was possible.
EnsaladaDeTomate wrote:Ex Ha = Extra Heroes
That's kind of a misleading abbreviation. Where does the 'a' come from?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

EnsaladaDeTomate wrote:Btw, Donald made some changes to Duke so he looks even closer to his original game iirc -- http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... e-v0.1.pk3

Some of his changes:
I have no plans to dramatically change Duke's balance thus far - instantly dying just isn't fun, no matter how accurate it might be! Minor cosmetic changes from that list might happen, though.
President People wrote:
Kinsie wrote:
  • Integrated the Marathon Shell Casings sound code PresidentPeople sent over. I dunno if he made it, but he sent it over. Long story short, shell casing sounds after you fire the SMG or AR for a bit and let go.
I did make it. It was apparently already in at some point in the past, but was then eaten (My implementation was subsequently eaten again, and so here we are).

I was rather pleased that the quirk with releasing the trigger just before reloading was possible.
Thanks for clearing that up, Prez!

Yesterday wasn't very productive. I got very little sleep that morning, so I was pretty trashed once I had free time. I did fix one oversight, though, where Corvus's gold wand was doing 300+ damage because Term can be spiteful sometimes.

Today was very productive though!
  • Added a funny new XDeath for Chex Warrior, courtesy of PresidentPeople!
  • Added some extra GLDEFs that Medi is working on!
    - Fixed a typo in which "SpectralSpearBolt" was listed as "SpearBoltSpectral".
  • Fixed the issue with Blood settings not being a client-side thing!
    - Thanks TerminusEst13 for providing suggestions based on his Demonsteele work, and a little debugging.
    - Item Pickup style is currently broken on Zandronum, and will always be Old-Style.
  • ACTUALLY fixed the bug with Duke's pistol not doing DukePistol damage. Derp.
  • Added a new sprite for the Remote of the Ancients, to help players differentiate between Corvus's two bombs.
  • Minor sound accuracy tweaks for Duke's pistol and Atomic Health.
EnsaladaDeTomate

President People wrote:Ex Ha = Extra Heroes

Whoops, ignore that "a", it was supposed to point the build version, my bad rofl

@Kinsie: Btw, as i said above, Samsara Extra Heroes did added missing gldefs for vanilla classes too, so, if you want, you can take them from there (dont forget as i stated, some might need a bit of polish)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

EnsaladaDeTomate wrote:

Whoops, ignore that "a", it was supposed to point the build version, my bad rofl

@Kinsie: Btw, as i said above, Samsara Extra Heroes did added missing gldefs for vanilla classes too, so, if you want, you can take them from there (dont forget as i stated, some might need a bit of polish)
Sorry! Not understand. This patch Ex Ha = Extra Heroes (smadoonsfix24.pk3) is for compatibility with the old addon Extra Heroes (Samsara_EX - Ha1.pk3)?
EnsaladaDeTomate

Doctrine Dark wrote:
EnsaladaDeTomate wrote:

Sorry! Not understand. This patch Ex Ha = Extra Heroes (smadoonsfix24.pk3) is for compatibility with the old addon Extra Heroes (Samsara_EX - Ha1.pk3)?
These are small patches that fixes/improves issues and stuff of the main build

/--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Btw Kinsie, Parias Holy Missile doesnt go thru allies in coop modes, you might want to address that, because when it touches an ally, it makes the missile explode instantly making the spirits dissapear
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

EnsaladaDeTomate

Correct all the compatibility issues with the new version 0.32? OK! I will check this patch. :D
EnsaladaDeTomate

Doctrine Dark wrote: EnsaladaDeTomate

Correct all the compatibility issues with the new version 0.32? OK! I will check this patch. :D
Yeah, i will do it when i finish from working on some stuff first :)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

EnsaladaDeTomate wrote:
Doctrine Dark wrote: EnsaladaDeTomate

Yeah, i will do it when i finish from working on some stuff first :)
Always I hear people talking on Extra Heroes but never had the opportunity to use because the versions I had were incompatible.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”