Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Shadow Hog

Re: Samsara - 0.32 - This Version's Kinda Grosse...

Post by Shadow Hog »

Small bug report that I believe applied to version .30, too: Thing actions assigned to pickups like Armor don't fire.

For example, my map in DUMP 2, MAP28/"The Volcanic Oasis". In the second half of the map, there's supposed to be an arena fight that's triggered by grabbing a blue armor - however, it doesn't when you pick up the blue armor in Samsara, rendering the map unwinnable.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Yeah, I haven't touched the armor pickup system yet, but I have been reliably informed that it is horrifyingly gross.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Sounds like a lack of SXF_TRANSFERSPECIAL.
ijon

Post by ijon »

Zhs2 wrote:Sounds like a lack of SXF_TRANSFERSPECIAL.
that didn't exist back in zdoom 2.3.1, so yeah

yes that is the zdoom featureset samsara had to work with, so it's no wonder why the code is so disgusting in places fucking everywhere who am I kidding
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Zhs2 wrote:Sounds like a lack of SXF_TRANSFERSPECIAL.
This was the solution. Thanks!
Kinsie

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

Post by Kinsie »

It's that time once again, folks. Time for Samsara v0.333!
  • Fixed a bug where Duke's pistol didn't have the "DukePistol" damagetype, meaning it didn't do much damage to Hexen monsters.
  • Reimplemented the Marathon Shell Casings sound code for added Marathon authenticity.
  • Fixed the issue with samsara_jumpmod not working, due to differences between implementations of sqrt(). Thanks, TerminusEst13!
  • Added the oldsqrt() function for code that is broken by the official ZDoom implementation. Maths, eh?
  • Fixed an oversight where Corvus's Goldwand still had some Funny Man damage. Thanks Nyss and Kegan!
  • Added a new XDeath for Chex Warrior, courtesy of PresidentPeople!
  • Added some extra GLDEFs that Medi is working on!
  • Fixed the issue from the transition to CVARINFO where blood and pickup styles had to be serverside CVARs to work.
    - Note: Pickup style is currently broken in Zandronum and will always be Old-Style.
  • Alterations to Corvus's Timebomb and Remote of the Ancients:
    - Added a new sprite for the Remote of the Ancients, to help colorblind players differentiate between the two bombs.
    - Both bombs are now less transparent outside of Deathmatch, to reduce unfortunate friendly fire incidents.
    - Added a short, quiet sound upon being placed.
  • Minor sound accuracy tweaks for Duke's pistol and Atomic Health.
  • Commenced the balance tweaking!
    - Chex LAZ Device: No more projectile reflectivity, radius has been halved. This may be walked back to a different nerf. We'll see.
    - Ranger Rocket Launcher: Reduced rocket speed from 50 to 35.
    - Ranger Grenade Launcher: Reduced ammo on pickup to be in-line with the Rocket Launcher.
  • Added the SXF_TRANSFERSPECIAL flag to armor pickups. Thanks Shadow Hog and Zhs2!
  • Added 16 more lines of Duke Talk to level intros and secrets, taken from Time to Kill.
    - These don't quite have the same filter as the rest yet, because my sound tools are LITERALLY TOO GOOD to imitate it. :V
  • Gave BJ more variety to his pain sound, and made his pain and death sounds a little louder so they can be heard easier in the heat of battle
  • Added an easter egg somewhere.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Corvus's starting wand literally 2-hit ko's revenants...

Also, make so every character, when they grab a berzerker pack, they receive Doomguy's berzerker boost and their own bonus. Doomguy would also need to receive a new bonus (maybe a bonus Railgun?).
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Wait, the revenant bug is no longer happening XD
Gez

Post by Gez »

Congrats on getting all the accents right.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Security Officer can't shoot with his shotgun underwater... or atleast in DUMP 2 Map 25's water.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Hmm... Now if only there were an update to that monster mixer mod...

On another note, I tested DUMP-1 with the mod. Only guy I hadn't been able to beat Mecha-Hitler with was the Security Officer. Everyone else I was able to beat him after at least one or two attempts.

Would it actually be possible to have the random class option play a different class each map? (For instance, one map you're Parias. The next, you're Chex Warrior. That's specifically for those map packs that force pistol start, like the two DUMP mapsets.)
Last edited by dljosef on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Also, on DUMP 2 Map 25, next to the first torch, there is an invisible Doomguy pistol that any class can pickup.
ijon

Post by ijon »

FaggoStorm wrote:Security Officer can't shoot with his shotgun underwater... or atleast in DUMP 2 Map 25's water.
that is 100% intentional

IIRC only the KKV, alien weapons, and *maybe* the SPNKR and WMC can fire underwater
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Not the SPNKR.
You can totally fire the Fusion Pistol underwater, though.

You just might also die from it.
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

ijon wrote:
FaggoStorm wrote:Security Officer can't shoot with his shotgun underwater... or atleast in DUMP 2 Map 25's water.
that is 100% intentional

IIRC only the KKV, alien weapons, and *maybe* the SPNKR and WMC can fire underwater
TerminusEst13 wrote:Not the SPNKR.
You can totally fire the Fusion Pistol underwater, though.

You just might also die from it.
What types of Guns don't fire underwater?

*quick google search*

Well shit, bullets don't work underwater. Wait, doesn't this guy ever think about when he needs to fight something underwater? Why doesn't he use his fists? Why haven't I updated my WinZip so I can download this? What was the point of that question?
Your thought right now wrote:And why don't you just shut up?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”