Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
President People

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

Post by President People »

Deviluke Roy wrote:Wait, doesn't this guy ever think about when he needs to fight something underwater? Why doesn't he use his fists?
Oh, he can use his fists underwater, alright. Bungie made full use of them in Marathon 2, where we didn't even have the KKV yet.
Rhiannon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Rhiannon »

Aaaaand here's a Katarn hotfix to work with v0.333: Beta Version 1.1 Hotfix - 2.32 MB
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Image I have a cleaned up version of the gold eagle I drew a while ago.
EnsaladaDeTomate

Post by EnsaladaDeTomate »

Btw Kinsie, you should update BJ player sprites, because the current ones look pretty awfull

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 40#p797888
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Scuba Steve wrote:Image I have a cleaned up version of the gold eagle I drew a while ago.
Perspective on the radiation symbol is off, making the gun look bent to me. I'm following the horizontal line through the middle of the symbol.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

Somebody add Prisoner 849 (and other Unreal player models)
Reality check: Prisoner 849 (model name Gina) is likely to be the main character.. But whatever, add the rest in sprite format.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

How do you clean the old Samsara CVARS on Zandronum? And will I lose important data or erase my normal Doom CVARS?
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Which command to delete the old CVARS ?

Pickup Style given problem, only appears in the Old -Style but my GZDoom is selected for Hybrid.

A problem which occurs in Zandronum but i use GZDoom.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Already cleaned the CVARS, but this error appears:

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "samsara-v0.333-beta.pk3:decorate/doomguy/fist.dec" line 11:
"inventory.restrictedto" is an unknown actor property"
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

Update your sourceport.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

But im using the most recent version of Zandronum, 2.1.2.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

This mod works with Zandronum 3.0, not the current 2.x release of it.
http://zandronum.com/download.
Scroll down to Development Builds.
scroton

Post by scroton »

Kinsie wrote:to fix the Skulltag-era idiocy that forced two distinct versions of the mod to be developed without complete compatibility with each other. This build should run properly in both GZDoom and Zandronum 3.0.
How are you handling the cases of intentional desync in the zandronum version for things like bloodyhell and cl_noeffects?

From what I understand, aren't the methods for reducing traffic (I don't compsci so this may be wrong word) for zand and ZDoom at odds? Since in zand you want an actor to spawn a bunch of effects actors from the server actor, and the effects actors are all clientsided and depending upon clientside cvars they actually show up or not whereas in ZDoom you want the actor itself (which would be server side if there was server side in ZDoom) to just not spawn the actors to begin with, since they still affect things just by being spawned since they can't be clientsided.

I suppose you could get around this by having all spawning being done via ACS instead of decorate. Does ZDoom ignore the clientside keyword for scripts like it does the decorate flag or does it just not execute them?

Forgive my not knowing the proper terms, and this may not even be an issue. Also this may have already been addressed but I haven't read the entire thread.

[edit]: Realized you could just have a server cvar to control which method to use, and that's probably what you're already doing. You can probably disregard this post.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

scroton wrote:
Kinsie wrote:to fix the Skulltag-era idiocy that forced two distinct versions of the mod to be developed without complete compatibility with each other. This build should run properly in both GZDoom and Zandronum 3.0.
How are you handling the cases of intentional desync in the zandronum version for things like bloodyhell and cl_noeffects?

From what I understand, aren't the methods for reducing traffic (I don't compsci so this may be wrong word) for zand and ZDoom at odds? Since in zand you want an actor to spawn a bunch of effects actors from the server actor, and the effects actors are all clientsided and depending upon clientside cvars they actually show up or not whereas in ZDoom you want the actor itself (which would be server side if there was server side in ZDoom) to just not spawn the actors to begin with, since they still affect things just by being spawned since they can't be clientsided.

I suppose you could get around this by having all spawning being done via ACS instead of decorate. Does ZDoom ignore the clientside keyword for scripts like it does the decorate flag or does it just not execute them?

Forgive my not knowing the proper terms, and this may not even be an issue. Also this may have already been addressed but I haven't read the entire thread.

[edit]: Realized you could just have a server cvar to control which method to use, and that's probably what you're already doing. You can probably disregard this post.
For Bloodyhell, I have two versions of the cvar - a clientside one for Zandro, and a server-side one for ZDoom. When the map loads, the game does a quick test (SpawnForced-ing a Doomsphere) to check which port the game running in, and sets a CVAR for future reference. Any script that references bloodyhell checks for this CVAR first, then diverts to the "proper" bloodyhell CVAR. There's also a script that, if running in ZDoom, syncs the serverside cvars up to the clientside ones, to keep things all nice and transparent to the end user.

There's probably a cleaner way to do this, but this was the one that fixed all the bugs caused by the different interpretations of user CVARs for me.
ijon

Post by ijon »

Kinsie wrote:For Bloodyhell, I have two versions of the cvar - a clientside one for Zandro, and a server-side one for ZDoom. When the map loads, the game does a quick test (SpawnForced-ing a Doomsphere) to check which port the game running in, and sets a CVAR for future reference.
but the doomsphere doesn't actually exist without skulltag_actors.pk3 loaded - at the very least it shouldn't, because it's a skulltag actor

a better test would be to check if a SetDBEntry actually does something - that's what dakka does, and there's no chance of that being misled

Code: Select all

SetDBEntry("samsarabutts", "iszand", 1);
int IsZand = GetDBEntry("samsarabutts", "iszand") == 1;
unless zdoom implements databases, but I know that'll never happen so I'm not worried

Return to “Gameplay Mods”