Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Popsoap10

Re: Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Post by Popsoap10 »

For those of you who really hate how the Undead Warrior's bloody axes lag like hell with bloodyhell turned on...
Attachments
samsara-v0.3666-betaredaxe.pk3
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

Any chance anyone still has samsara-newclassacstemplate.pk3? Or maybe even an updated version?
clobber

Post by clobber »

Hi Kinsie. Thank you for the great work!

Have you thought about an update for GZDoom 3.0 compatibility to fix the status bar and viewport size issues due to the HUD scaling changes?

For example, in GZDoom 2.4.0 here is how the HUD appears under default settings:
http://imgur.com/6sf7ATG

But, in GZDoom 3.0.1 under default settings:
http://imgur.com/DKBnp5Q

In 3.0, the bottom of the weapon sprite is cut off which can be seen if you start to unzoom the screen. By default, 3.0 adapts the whole UI to the screen size, which some mods will need to accommodate for if using a custom status bar and other things. I'm not totally familiar with the changes in 3.0, but I know the status bar is now scriptable and this thread may be of some use: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55812
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

So... any chance the code for this will ever get cleaned up enough so new characters are more easily? I have no idea what half of this I'm supposed to add on to or replace...

Also I found the file I was looking for in my last post, no need to redirect me anymore.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Death Egg wrote:So... any chance the code for this will ever get cleaned up enough so new characters are more easily? I have no idea what half of this I'm supposed to add on to or replace...
One day, I'd like to kick off a complete ZScript rewrite, completely break away from the existing code and the many options of varying usefulness. Maybe once GZDoom has multiplayer that exists on a non-theoretical level...
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

Ah, so is that why there haven't been too many updates since you've taken helm? I imagined you were waiting to completely rewrite the thing before you really started adding on to it.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Death Egg wrote:Ah, so is that why there haven't been too many updates since you've taken helm? I imagined you were waiting to completely rewrite the thing before you really started adding on to it.
There haven't been a lot of updates partially because of caution about screwing up a good thing, partially because the codebase is a horrifying stygian nightmare from which nothing escapes, and partially because I've been working on something else.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

A github may be good for when things break and you need to revert back to an old non-broken version.....assuming there isn't already one for this fork.
VladTopol1706

Post by VladTopol1706 »

Anyone can reupload this to another link?, i tried to download but in the middle it stoped
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

It might be your internet connection. Try downloading again.
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

Gday fellas I would like to ask a question concerning the tomes of power for heretic.

At the moment I am currently playing as corvus and everytime I stumble upon these items they are not added to my inventory there only picked up as lesser tomes. I vaguely remember that there was a method for picking these up to add to corvus's inventory rather them auto activating when you pick em up.

So my question is can these tomes be whacked in your inventory playing as corvus or was that changed?
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

That would likely imbalance the rest of the cast who don't have tomed versions of their weapons, as well as depower Corvus as his new ultimate weapon IS the Tome of Power.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I think there's Lesser Power Tomes that up the player's attack damage, similar to berserk, only it's for a short time.
NuclearPotato

Post by NuclearPotato »

Odd save glitch that I've encountered while giving Samsara a run through TUT&T Supportive Edition. For some reason, upon loading in from one map to another, the autosave keeps firing off without end. Tested on GZDoom 3.1a.
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shrunk screenshot in accordance to forum rules.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

NuclearPotato wrote:autosave bug

I wonder what's causing this bug? When I tried to run RO on Strife this tends to happen. Must be an engine bug.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”