Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Freaklore1

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Post by Freaklore1 »

Nevander wrote:I'm going to be improving the texture pack now. Since I re-packaged it for download it's bothering me that a good amount of standard textures still remain. I doubt the Super Doom 64 page will be updated any time soon, so I'll see what I can come up with. Also, default Hell skies are replaced by Doom 64 style fire skies, that will be included in the next version.
So uh Nevander,it's been awhile now,but did you made any progress on the texture pack ?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Freaklore1 wrote:So uh Nevander,it's been awhile now,but did you made any progress on the texture pack ?
I've had a lot of other stuff going on and haven't really touched it since that post. I do still plan to get a full texture replacement pack done but I figure it's not a critical project at the moment. Plus I have a job now so that's easily 50% of my free time cut.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

This looks awesome.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

You know Nevander,i thank you for adding the Devastator auto-shotgun.

With it,if i see a corridor full of enemies i can bring it out and go all Terry Crew on their asses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ySX7V7l-s
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

I've been thinking...while this wad was originaly made so we can have a weapons wad out of D64 weapons,i wonder if we should actually turn this into a complete Doom 64 textures set pack...

Like make each types of textures separate...
-one wad for the weapons (with sounds of course)
-one wad for the ammunitions
-one wad for the monsters (with sounds of course)
-and one wad for environment textures

A 4 wads set for those who want a D64 experience but with more control on what they want to add and what they dont want,hence having resources separated.

What do you think ?
Carrascado

Post by Carrascado »

I think it's a good idea. It reminds me a bit of Doom 64 Unabsolved: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=6327

Unabsolved puts textures and even adds new mechanics, weapons and monsters, the only thing it lacks is the music.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Well technically what im suggesting is not really a full on Total Conversion since that would implicate that all textures for monsters,weapons,ammos/power ups and environments would be in 1 wad.

By having each types of textures separated in different wads you can decide whatever you want to put when playing,like maybe you want the D64 ammos but not the D64 weapons or D64 monsters,maybe you want the D64 monsters but not the D64 ammos and weapons.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Nevander wrote:
Freaklore1 wrote:So uh Nevander,it's been awhile now,but did you made any progress on the texture pack ?
I've had a lot of other stuff going on and haven't really touched it since that post. I do still plan to get a full texture replacement pack done but I figure it's not a critical project at the moment. Plus I have a job now so that's easily 50% of my free time cut.
So it's been awhile since the last post in this thread and i was wondering...

Should we continue doing something with this mod or is it fine the way it is now ?

There's still that unfinished textures pack that need to be completed,but so far there isnt nothing much else to do,well i think...
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Freaklore1 wrote:Should we continue doing something with this mod or is it fine the way it is now ?

There's still that unfinished textures pack that need to be completed,but so far there isnt nothing much else to do,well i think...
I still want to put out another version which uses the weapons from Doom 64 Retribution. I will do it eventually but I don't know when. I still want to improve the weapons more because there are still things I'm not 100% happy with.

For the textures pack thing, this will cover that if it gets finished. Combining that with the Doom 64 stuff will be awesome.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Nevander wrote:
Freaklore1 wrote:Should we continue doing something with this mod or is it fine the way it is now ?

I still want to put out another version which uses the weapons from Doom 64 Retribution. I will do it eventually but I don't know when. I still want to improve the weapons more because there are still things I'm not 100% happy with.

For the textures pack thing, this will cover that if it gets finished. Combining that with the Doom 64 stuff will be awesome.
When you talk about improving the weapons,what are we talking about here ?

Additional visual effects ? Weapons behaviour ? Sound effects ? Animations ?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

All of the above really except sound effects.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Well as long as the weapons behaviour stay somewhere between D64 and Vanilla Doom behaviour,then everything will be fine.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Say Nevander,what are the input when you want to spawn the unmaker upgrade items with the console command menu ?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”