Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[7/18/2017]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 3/21/2016]

Postby Flyingcomputer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:08 pm

chronoteeth wrote:100% Honest, the new revolvers suck. they dont look as good as the ones before

100% disagree i really like the look of the revolvers, with the altfire being toggled instead now they also feel a lot smoother in combat.
Flyingcomputer

Postby chronoteeth » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:16 pm

they dont look like they'd be old west, rather they look like rusted modern revolvers. the tilted animations look janky and jarring by comparison, and the hammer doesnt have a smooth transition/cocked back frame as the other ones did. if anything if the dev wants ill do the other 2 revolver frames and make the rest of the saa conversion
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby xenoxols » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:03 pm

chronoteeth wrote:they dont look like they'd be old west, rather they look like rusted modern revolvers. the tilted animations look janky and jarring by comparison, and the hammer doesnt have a smooth transition/cocked back frame as the other ones did. if anything if the dev wants ill do the other 2 revolver frames and make the rest of the saa conversion

If you could do that, I would be very happy. TBH, I used the new sprite because I edited the old one badly and somehow forgot that what I was already using exists.
xenoxols

Postby Cryomundus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:41 pm

Played through the most recent version, and I gotta say, I really, REALLY like this!

However, when fighting hellspawn, the weapons feel incredibly weak. The M1887 shotty seems to be overall better than the sawn-off, for 2 things really. It can carry 5 shots, and it can 3 shot a revenant without needing to reload. I never really bothered with the sawn-off, except to compare damage between the 2.

Really tho, the sawn-off really needs an alt-fire that let's you fire off both barrels at once. Then, coupled with the faster reload speed, it'll be a good alternative to the shotgun.

The starting pistol (and the dual wielding ones) need to kickback more when your firing them, the visual feedback feels tiny compared to the rather beefy sound. Dual-wielding is pretty wonderful though. The mauser feels fine tho, no need to add any kickback there.

The New Model 1873 rifle would benefit immensely from being able to aim down the barrel/sights, and a bit of a damage boost, since it's a RL replacement, having to 2 shot humans with what's supposed to be a pretty powerful single-shot rifle makes it feel, well, pretty weak. Honestly, all the weapons could do with a bit of a boost in damage, as trying to play map07 in Doom2 felt like a slog.
Cryomundus

Postby Luigi2600 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Hey xenoxols,

If you ever want to replace caleb's one-liners. Here's a nice wad i put together with the one-liners of clint eastwood himself. These are pretty high quality and hopefully you will consider them for gunslinger. :D

Download: (Fixed Link)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4vx5a ... Liners.wad
Last edited by Luigi2600 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luigi2600
What did he mean by this?

Postby Cryomundus » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Luigi2600 wrote:Hey xenoxols,

If you ever want to replace caleb's one-liners. Here's a nice wad i put together with the one-liners of clint eastwood himself. These are pretty high quality and hopefully you will consider them for gunslinger. :D

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/?4vx5a6465an13i5

FYI, your link doesn't work.
Cryomundus

Postby Carrascado » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:46 pm

This mod is really nice.

Combined with futuristic maps, It reminds me of that horrible movie called "cowboys vs aliens" or whatever it was :P

I would love to see more weapons though :D
Carrascado

Postby Luigi2600 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Cryomundus wrote:FYI, your link doesn't work.

It does for me.
Luigi2600
What did he mean by this?

Postby ImpieTwo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:11 pm

As a western fan and native Arizonan, this has me giggling like a schoolgirl.

I like the new revolvers better than the old --which were ugly and at a wonky angle -- but agree that they look a bit too modern. What about the pistol in the Blood Prequel? You could ask that dev to borrow the graphics.

Also agree that the double-barrel needs an alt fire, or should at least fire both barrels when the trigger is held down (the 30-30 should def have an aimed alt shot, though I'm sure you're working on that already). I don't think the guns are underpowered though, since one shot with the single-barrel seems to kill lost souls.

I'd also just use the 30-30 sound for the player pistol. It currently sounds more like an auto-shotgun than a heavy revolver.
ImpieTwo

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:45 pm

I can't seem to run any of your mods whatsoever because of this:

Script error, "xxls-west.pk3:actors/misc/sfx.txt" line 80:
Invalid state parameter a_quakeex

My GZDoom version supports A_Quake but not A_QuakeEx...I might need to update it.
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.

Postby chronoteeth » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:58 pm

here you go. its basic but it does what was set out to do. you just gotta do the rest for your hands and muzzle flash

chronoteeth
abubub

Postby xenoxols » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:48 am

chronoteeth wrote:here you go. its basic but it does what was set out to do. you just gotta do the rest for your hands and muzzle flash

Thanks, it looks great!
EDIT:
EDIT EDIT:
xenoxols

Postby chronoteeth » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:23 am

muuch better! plus it's been reorigined a bit slow it doesn't feel so down aiming up and more aiming forward
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:15 am

chronoteeth wrote:here you go. its basic but it does what was set out to do. you just gotta do the rest for your hands and muzzle flash

:wub: :cheers:

Fortunately gun designs back then were quite basic already.
ImpieTwo

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:39 am

I'm loving this mod, can't wait 'till it's complete!

However... a little thing bothers me. I dunno if it's my resolution or anything related, but the winchester rifle is not hitting the bullets quite right. To properly shoot somebody (mainly on long ranges), you got to aim the rifle a little bit up and to the right side of the head or the body. Otherwise, you miss.
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods