Page 12 of 16

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:58 pm
by mutator
Is that going to be final release or are you thinking of adding more things to mod later?

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:55 am
by xenoxols
IDK, I just kinda add things when I feel like it. Also, I'm gonna use the SAA, the new revolver doesn't look western enough. Of course, there is still spinning.
Image
EDIT: Better spinning.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:21 pm
by Carbine Dioxide
Honestly, I think this mod could better fit as a more modern style of a Gun Slinger. Right now, the direction of where this mod wants to go seems lost, though the basic ideas point toward the Western style obviously.

I'll start on the Colt Walker some time. I imagine it'd be a gun that holds six shots, and when those six shots are up, you have to wait for it to recharge before firing it, considering doing a reload for it would take so long. Also, it will be more on the super natural side, if you like a gun that fires mini Soul/Invulnerability Spheres. :twisted:

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:20 pm
by NullWire

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:21 pm
by xenoxols
Carbine Dioxide wrote:Honestly, I think this mod could better fit as a more modern style of a Gun Slinger. Right now, the direction of where this mod wants to go seems lost, though the basic ideas point toward the Western style obviously.

I'll start on the Colt Walker some time. I imagine it'd be a gun that holds six shots, and when those six shots are up, you have to wait for it to recharge before firing it, considering doing a reload for it would take so long. Also, it will be more on the super natural side, if you like a gun that fires mini Soul/Invulnerability Spheres. :twisted:

I'm going to stick to older stuff. The C96 will probably be the newest gun in the mod. Also, new screenshots.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:56 pm
by KarolineDianne
So this is pretty cool! I gotta find some appropriate maps to use this mod with.

Though there's something I noticed about the machete... It's really weird how the camera moves when you swing. If you hold the attack button down, your camera will invariably drift down until you're looking at the floor, because you don't return to a neutral position after each swing. It just points you straight down after a few attacks, and that's very disorienting.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:44 pm
by xenoxols

I know the Colt is lefty, but so are Duke Nukem's pistols.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:59 pm
by mutator
what does the 100 points you earn for each killing?

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:10 pm
by Captain J
The score that is going to be implemented, i think?

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:51 pm
by mutator
Captain J wrote:The score that is going to be implemented, i think?

does the score you earn is beneficial or is it just there for fun? for example like in d4d you can buy or upgrade stuff with credit/score you earn

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:38 am
by Captain J
Just for fun, if i can guess. Like there's no purchasing system, after all.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:19 am
by Dr_Cosmobyte
A katana. Reminds me of that Charles Bronson movie with a samurai. It was called Red Sun here on Brazil, i don't recall the original name. It's an excellent complement as a weapon.

But i feel the need to say though, i heard somewhere that while a fistful of dollars is a direct adaptation of Yojimbo, the very same Akira Kurosawa inspired himself on Dashiell Hammett's book, Red Harvester.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:24 am
by xenoxols
GAA1992 wrote:A katana. Reminds me of that Charles Bronson movie with a samurai. It was called Red Sun here on Brazil, i don't recall the original name. It's an excellent complement as a weapon.

But i feel the need to say though, i heard somewhere that while a fistful of dollars is a direct adaptation of Yojimbo, the very same Akira Kurosawa inspired himself on Dashiell Hammett's book, Red Harvester.

I've never actually seen Yojimbo, but since it is apparently Fistful of Dollars with swords, it passes as a western in my book, thus the katana.

Captain J wrote:Just for fun, if i can guess. Like there's no purchasing system, after all.

Maybe in a later version. I want to make the mod fully functional first.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:30 am
by Dr_Cosmobyte
And i appreciate it a lot! I'm eager to slash cowboys down with it!

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 11/7/2016]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:00 am
by xenoxols
Updated! Details in OP, but keep in mind it's still not done.