Page 8 of 16

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 3/21/2016]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:12 pm
by Abba Zabba
Lookin' good! Faith bonus though...just a rename and resprite of the health bonus? Shy away from Doom's supernatural bottles and opt for supernatural cowboy faith.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 3/21/2016]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:13 pm
by xenoxols
Abba Zabba wrote:Lookin' good! Faith bonus though...just a rename and resprite of the health bonus? Shy away from Doom's supernatural bottles and opt for supernatural cowboy faith.

No, that's just from the map pack.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/2/2016]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:05 am
by xenoxols
Updated! New enemy replacements, I tried to stick with a vaguely lovecraft/generic cult theme for them. Also new revolver sprite, thanks to chronoteeth.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/2/2016]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:14 am
by chronoteeth
i thiiink you accidentally uploaded an older version

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/2/2016]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:17 pm
by DukeWooze
I don't know if you already have this weapon but I was thinking that a dynamite bow would be a nice addition. It would definitely fill the "anti IOS (Icon of sin)" role.

I think Chronoteeth is right about the download link.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/2/2016]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:13 pm
by Flyingcomputer
DukeWooze wrote:I don't know if you already have this weapon but I was thinking that a dynamite bow would be a nice addition. It would definitely fill the "anti IOS (Icon of sin)" role.

I think Chronoteeth is right about the download link.


Yeah the file in the link seems to still be an older version considering the old revolver sprite is still there.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/2/2016]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:10 pm
by EddieMann
Why is my HUD bar a yellow bar?

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/2/2016]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:37 am
by xenoxols
Alright I (think) that the link is fixed now. One big change is that all bullets are now tracers.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/6/2016]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:12 pm
by Luigi2600
I'm sorry to say this xenoxols but I didn't like the new version that much. It barley feels like a wild west mod and more like a random monsters mod. It would be nice if you added the rest of the cowboys back. I kind of want the wild west feel back in the mod rather than the random monsters junk. Hopefully the next update will bring back the cowboys that were removed. :(


However I still enjoyed it nontheless and I liked the rest of the new features.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/6/2016]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:18 pm
by Flyingcomputer
Luigi2600 wrote:I'm sorry to say this xenoxols but I didn't like the new version that much. It barley feels like a wild west mod and more like a random monsters mod. It would be nice if you added the rest of the cowboys back. I and everyone else kind of want the wild west feel back in the mod rather than the random monsters junk. Hopefully the next update will bring back the cowboys that were removed. :(


What do you mean by "I and everyone else"? No one else has even said their opinion on the new version yet. personally i like the look of the new enemies as they still feel like its from the west even if theyre not cowboys.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/6/2016]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:20 pm
by twinkieman93
Personally, I don't mind the monsters, being a fan of Weird West stuff; that's Wild West plus supernatural shenanigans, for those not familiar. What I do mind, though, is that apparently all of my guns shoot fireballs instead of bullets. The tracer effects are way over the top, man. It's overdone to the point of ugliness. And they look like they explode, which is just ridiculous. Do something more low-key, like the tracers from Nazis!. I'm not saying take the tracers outright, just, you know, something more like that.

Aside from that though this is pretty cool. :D

EDIT: Thanks for the rephrasing, Luigi.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/6/2016]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:22 pm
by Luigi2600
twinkieman93 wrote:Yeah, Luigi, don't stick words in other people's mouths. Not cool.

Personally, I don't mind the monsters, being a fan of Weird West stuff; that's Wild West plus supernatural shenanigans, for those not familiar. What I do mind, though, is that apparently all of my guns shoot fireballs instead of bullets. The tracer effects are way over the top, man. It's overdone to the point of ugliness. And they look like they explode, which is just ridiculous. Do something more low-key, like the tracers from Nazis!. I'm not saying take the tracers outright, just, you know, something more like that.

Aside from that though this is pretty cool. :D


I was only stating my opinion but yeah I've edited that out since I was taking it a little bit too far. But hey people have different opinions if you like it good for you I personally felt it was off that's all even without the cowboys i'll still play it otherwise there's still some awesome stuff in the mod. I thought the gun tracers were the best thing added out of all the updates i've always liked mods with the whole gun tracer mechanics. I'd personally admit I've shouldn't have said that it was a pretty bad move on me.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/6/2016]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:30 pm
by twinkieman93
Luigi2600 wrote:I thought the gun tracers were the best thing added out of all the updates i've always liked mods with the whole gun tracer mechanics.


Oh, yeah, I like the idea of tracers, cuts down on the shenanigans of long-distance chaingun snipers from days past, as long as you're moving past a certain distance you won't get hit. That's always nice. I just don't like the graphics he chose for them.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/6/2016]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:31 pm
by Luigi2600
twinkieman93 wrote:Oh, yeah, I like the idea of tracers, cuts down on the shenanigans of long-distance chaingun snipers from days past, as long as you're moving past a certain distance you won't get hit. That's always nice. I just don't like the graphics he chose for them.


Yeah they were a little bit bright if I say so myself but I didn't mind it that much.

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/6/2016]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:37 pm
by wildweasel
The tracers are a nice anti-hitscan measure, but in my opinion, the puffs stick around a bit too long, and the tracers themselves look a bit too fireball-like.