Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Abba Zabba

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 3/21/2016]

Post by Abba Zabba »

Lookin' good! Faith bonus though...just a rename and resprite of the health bonus? Shy away from Doom's supernatural bottles and opt for supernatural cowboy faith.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 3/21/2016]

Post by xenoxols »

Abba Zabba wrote:Lookin' good! Faith bonus though...just a rename and resprite of the health bonus? Shy away from Doom's supernatural bottles and opt for supernatural cowboy faith.
No, that's just from the map pack.
xenoxols

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/2/2016]

Post by xenoxols »

Updated! New enemy replacements, I tried to stick with a vaguely lovecraft/generic cult theme for them. Also new revolver sprite, thanks to chronoteeth.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

i thiiink you accidentally uploaded an older version
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

I don't know if you already have this weapon but I was thinking that a dynamite bow would be a nice addition. It would definitely fill the "anti IOS (Icon of sin)" role.

I think Chronoteeth is right about the download link.
Flyingcomputer

Post by Flyingcomputer »

DukeWooze wrote:I don't know if you already have this weapon but I was thinking that a dynamite bow would be a nice addition. It would definitely fill the "anti IOS (Icon of sin)" role.

I think Chronoteeth is right about the download link.
Yeah the file in the link seems to still be an older version considering the old revolver sprite is still there.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Why is my HUD bar a yellow bar?
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Alright I (think) that the link is fixed now. One big change is that all bullets are now tracers.
Luigi2600

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/6/2016]

Post by Luigi2600 »

I'm sorry to say this xenoxols but I didn't like the new version that much. It barley feels like a wild west mod and more like a random monsters mod. It would be nice if you added the rest of the cowboys back. I kind of want the wild west feel back in the mod rather than the random monsters junk. Hopefully the next update will bring back the cowboys that were removed. :(

However I still enjoyed it nontheless and I liked the rest of the new features.
Last edited by Luigi2600 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flyingcomputer

Post by Flyingcomputer »

Luigi2600 wrote:I'm sorry to say this xenoxols but I didn't like the new version that much. It barley feels like a wild west mod and more like a random monsters mod. It would be nice if you added the rest of the cowboys back. I and everyone else kind of want the wild west feel back in the mod rather than the random monsters junk. Hopefully the next update will bring back the cowboys that were removed. :(
What do you mean by "I and everyone else"? No one else has even said their opinion on the new version yet. personally i like the look of the new enemies as they still feel like its from the west even if theyre not cowboys.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Personally, I don't mind the monsters, being a fan of Weird West stuff; that's Wild West plus supernatural shenanigans, for those not familiar. What I do mind, though, is that apparently all of my guns shoot fireballs instead of bullets. The tracer effects are way over the top, man. It's overdone to the point of ugliness. And they look like they explode, which is just ridiculous. Do something more low-key, like the tracers from Nazis!. I'm not saying take the tracers outright, just, you know, something more like that.

Aside from that though this is pretty cool. :D

EDIT: Thanks for the rephrasing, Luigi.
Last edited by twinkieman93 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

twinkieman93 wrote:Yeah, Luigi, don't stick words in other people's mouths. Not cool.

Personally, I don't mind the monsters, being a fan of Weird West stuff; that's Wild West plus supernatural shenanigans, for those not familiar. What I do mind, though, is that apparently all of my guns shoot fireballs instead of bullets. The tracer effects are way over the top, man. It's overdone to the point of ugliness. And they look like they explode, which is just ridiculous. Do something more low-key, like the tracers from Nazis!. I'm not saying take the tracers outright, just, you know, something more like that.

Aside from that though this is pretty cool. :D
I was only stating my opinion but yeah I've edited that out since I was taking it a little bit too far. But hey people have different opinions if you like it good for you I personally felt it was off that's all even without the cowboys i'll still play it otherwise there's still some awesome stuff in the mod. I thought the gun tracers were the best thing added out of all the updates i've always liked mods with the whole gun tracer mechanics. I'd personally admit I've shouldn't have said that it was a pretty bad move on me.
Last edited by Luigi2600 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Luigi2600 wrote:I thought the gun tracers were the best thing added out of all the updates i've always liked mods with the whole gun tracer mechanics.
Oh, yeah, I like the idea of tracers, cuts down on the shenanigans of long-distance chaingun snipers from days past, as long as you're moving past a certain distance you won't get hit. That's always nice. I just don't like the graphics he chose for them.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

twinkieman93 wrote:Oh, yeah, I like the idea of tracers, cuts down on the shenanigans of long-distance chaingun snipers from days past, as long as you're moving past a certain distance you won't get hit. That's always nice. I just don't like the graphics he chose for them.
Yeah they were a little bit bright if I say so myself but I didn't mind it that much.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The tracers are a nice anti-hitscan measure, but in my opinion, the puffs stick around a bit too long, and the tracers themselves look a bit too fireball-like.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”